FTB Unleashed night

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing FTB Unleashed and i was wondering if there is ANY Way at all to legitimately skip night so something to craft not just open NEI and click day or something like that thanks

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK, all logged in using vanilla bed, NEI Cheat Mode, or an ops using /time set 0 are the only ways.

KowKrisis

Jul 29, 2019
Might not work on a server if there's a lot of people on. I don't think there is another way, but a time manipulation device might be fun.

OP makes no mention of server play and other players being around, so I based my reply on the assumption of single player.

Also as someone who plays on a server the only time I would want night skipped is in the beginning of the game, when I am still getting basic shelter and farms started, so a admin just pressing that button without warning or good reason would be rather bothersome. Just my opinion though.

As for time manipulation device, Thaumcraft 2 had the dawnstone which speed up time to the next morning if used after midday, maybe Azanor will be doing something similar in Thaumcraft 3 at some point in the future.

neiromaru

Jul 29, 2019
Command block with wireless receiver and a remote?

Can't see why it wouldn't work. But what do I know?
There's also a vanilla light sensor now, just wire that up to the command block and it'll automatically set the time when it starts to get dark.

Or yeah.. just use a bed...

You can also use mystcraft to make an age where it's always day. Describe the sun as "zero length, zenith, normal sun" and you'll get a sun that stays at noon forever.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Describe the sun as "zero length, zenith, normal sun" and you'll get a sun that stays at noon forever.

I watch a lot pf LPs on youtube, they always try for perma-day but never get it, despite trying very hard hehe.

I havent tried myself, but there could be a bug about that particular feature?

neiromaru

Jul 29, 2019
I watch a lot pf LPs on youtube, they always try for perma-day but never get it, despite trying very hard hehe.

I havent tried myself, but there could be a bug about that particular feature?
It's not a bug. Mystcraft ages are intended to have an aspect of randomness. Unfortunately the version that's in FTB Unleashed is a bit outdated and is one of the versions where xcompwiz was trying to find a balance for the randomness. As a result when the age is created it will add random pages, which can sometimes alter things you've written. For instance, in the sun example if it adds another phase page like "half length" before the sun, mystcraft will average out those two phases and you'll get a quarter length day/night cycle.
In the latest version this is toned down a bit. Random pages still get added, but no longer change details you've correctly specified.

If you write the age correctly, and keep trying new copies everytime it's wrong, you can get the age you want, or at least one very close.
I've written several perma-day ages and it usually only took 2 or 3 tries to get an age that was sufficiently close to what I wanted.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
If you use MCPC+ you can use the Timefold plugin (loops days and nights, we have 30 mins day and 14 mins nights) and Sleep, which lets you set a % of players needed to be in bed to forward to day.

Reactions: Bigpak

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind installing another mod, there is Magic Utilities for 1.5.2 that has a useful item called a "Time Manipulator". Here is the description straight from the post: " This is one of my favorite additions, simply right click and time will jump forward slightly, hold right click and watch as the moon and sun glide overhead. This is useful for the late game when night is more of a nuisance than anything else. "

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a bug. Mystcraft ages are intended to have an aspect of randomness. Unfortunately the version that's in FTB Unleashed is a bit outdated and is one of the versions where xcompwiz was trying to find a balance for the randomness. As a result when the age is created it will add random pages, which can sometimes alter things you've written. For instance, in the sun example if it adds another phase page like "half length" before the sun, mystcraft will average out those two phases and you'll get a quarter length day/night cycle.
In the latest version this is toned down a bit. Random pages still get added, but no longer change details you've correctly specified.

If you write the age correctly, and keep trying new copies everytime it's wrong, you can get the age you want, or at least one very close.
I've written several perma-day ages and it usually only took 2 or 3 tries to get an age that was sufficiently close to what I wanted.

For all the work required to gather all the nessesary pages i wish it was a 100% deterministic process.

Even if theres little variance, as you said, it still means several more age-creations than its really needed :/

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Somnia mod (was in single player technic back before ftb existed) allowed you to sleep but still ran the game at an accelerated speed through the night, so you could set things to craft/process then sleep til morning.

link