FTB Ultimate server crashing

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kevin Simmons

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dedicated FTB Ultimate server using version 1.1.2, Minecraft version 1.4.7

Myself, my son and his friends have been using this server for over 6 months and we don't want to lose the world and have to start again. That has happened before although we only started getting these errors within the last month and I wish I could tell you what had changed at the time that brought about the errors but then if I knew that...

Server hardware:

Asus Rampage II Extreme
Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.2Ghz
6Gb OCZ Platinum @ 1600Mhz
OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb SSD
ATI Radeon HD4800
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Client PC Hardware:

Asus Rampage III Extreme
Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.2Ghz
6Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600Mhz
OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb
ATI Radeon HD6950 1GB
Windows 7 Professional SP1

Both PCs are using Java Version 7 Update 21 (build 1.7.0_21-b11)

The issue began with errors about has the time changed and world leaks. This would lead to an eventual freeze in-game and a server crash. I tried removing various mods like chicken chunks, xycraft and others to no avail.

I have since updated FTB to version 1.1.2 and the errors in the CMD window upon startup about has the time changed, cant keep up and world leaks have gone.

I thought the problem had been solved but after about 20 minutes of play the server crashed again.

I reduced the amount of RAM from Xms2048 Xmx4096 to Xms1024 Xmx2048 and the crash just took longer to happen, about 40 minutes this time.

Now when I start the server the message about cant keep up has trhe system time changed appears everytime and the memory usage sits around 45-50%

Here are the last few error reports. Any help very much appreciated.

Attachments

• hs_err_pid2508.log.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 94
  • hs_err_pid3664.log.txt
    30.2 KB · Views: 94
  • crash-2013-06-04_20.08.35-server.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 141

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
From your server crash log.
Description: Exception in server tick loop cpw.mods.fml.common.DuplicateModsFoundException
Check your mods folder on the server and your clients to see if you have two of the same mod, but with different file names. Such as this: ChickenChunks. jar and ChickenChunks 1.3.1.2.jar Your clients should have the same mods and version as the server.

Could you also provide a copy of a console log in debug mode copied to pastebin.com and linked here from your computer as it attempts to connect to the server. The reason for pastebin.com is some users do not like to open attached files and often times the logs are hard to read, because of they look like run-on sentences.

Kevin Simmons

Jul 29, 2019
Hi lavarthan. I checked the mods on both client and server sides and the only discrepancies are on the client mods which i'm sure are all supposed to be client side anyway:

clientmods.txt
forgeirc.zip
InvTweaks.zip
neipluginMyst.zip
neiplugins.jar
neipluginsredpower.jar
NetherOres.jar
voxelcommon.litemod
voxelMap.litemod
VoxelMenu.litemod
VoxelModPack
VoxelMods
voxelpacket.litemod
voxelplayer.litemod

Here is the server log and error log in pastebin.com as requested:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=YC9NhuAQ

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. From what I've see, your attempting to run the server under a user you have named minecraft. This user does not have the privileges to access a file or memory block (can't tell which one from that report.) It's needs administrator privileges to do so. If you don't want that account to have admin access:

Redownload the server jar.

Move the server jar to a new folder called c:/ftbserver (it is important that your minecraft user creates this folder.)

Extract the files from the downloaded jar into the directory.

Run the start.bat (or whatever it's called.bat)

This SHOULD fix your issue.

dariusc93

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I see in the crash that could be extra, but correct me if im wrong,

MiscPeripherals [MiscPeripherals] (miscperipherals-3.1c.jar)
MiscPeripherals [MiscPeripherals] (MiscPeripherals.jar)

but if your updating from a old ftb server, its best that you do remove the mods, coremods, config, and jar and redownload the server files (like said above) and put it into your directory. Dont EVER copy and paste files into the directory because it will cause a crash like this.

Kevin Simmons

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the responses.

Eyamaz, I couldn't run the start.bat as an administrator using the minecraft user (I assumed that's what you meant), so I used the Administrator account to run the start.bat.

This was after redownloading and extracting a new set of server files to a new folder on the c:

I did of course rewrite the server file to run the kevins kingdom world instead of the default world, which was the only folder I retained from the old server folder.

The server ran for app. 20 mintes and crashed again. Here are the error logs:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=4xCFYT5y

tvoid

Jul 29, 2019
I have to state that I am not a Java Expert, but this is how i read it. It looks like ur heaps are not clearing out. So you eventually run out of memory. Same effect as a memory leak.
What does your startup script look like for launching the server ?

Kevin Simmons

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry tvoid, I wasn't sure which script you meant. The start.bat is simply: java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048m -jar ftbserver.jar

Whereas the server properties are:

#Minecraft server properties
#Thu Jun 06 11:49:16 BST 2013
generator-settings=
allow-nether=true
level-name=Kevins Kingdom
enable-query=false
allow-flight=false
server-port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
level-seed=
server-ip=192.168.0.101
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=true
spawn-animals=true
snooper-enabled=true
hardcore=false
texture-pack=
online-mode=true
pvp=true
difficulty=1
gamemode=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=10
generate-structures=true
spawn-protection=16
motd=A Minecraft Server

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
edit your server start.bat to read like this (make a backup first.)

java -d64 -server -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m +UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

Reactions: annen

Kevin Simmons

Jul 29, 2019
Thx Eyamaz

I edited my start.bat eaxcatly as you said:

java -d64 -server -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m +UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

But when I started it a CMD window appeared for a second and disappeared then nothing happened, no matter how may times I tried to start it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
sigh, i need to pay attention to what i'm typing when i'm tired...

java -d64 -server -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar ftbserver.jar

i very much forgot to execute the server... this fixes the previous

Kevin Simmons

Jul 29, 2019
lol, np Eyamaz. Server is now running with the new command.

When it started this was produced:

2013-06-07 09:53:02 [WARNING] [Minecraft] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

I'll keep it running until it, if it fails and post new reports.

Reactions: Eyamaz