FTB records in fragments instead of 1 whole segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrili

Jul 29, 2019
when i record anything else its 1 large file that is xx:xx:xx min long
but when i record FTB it record about 80 segments for 40 min.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Im asuming you'r using fraps.
FTB don't like fraps.
Fraps don't like FTB
Simple as that.

blek

Jul 29, 2019
Try Dxtory. It's very similar to XSplit, but more versatile, allows for many different codecs and, most importantly, records in a single video file instead of many fragments.

Reactions: skrili

skrili

Jul 29, 2019
Try Dxtory. It's very similar to XSplit, but more versatile, allows for many different codecs and, most importantly, records in a single video file instead of many fragments.

does the file work with sony vegas easily??

Flip

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer: Close the launcher after the you are in a game or transfer your install to MultiMC. Fraps will work fine then.

Long answer:
I record with Bandicam. I found it to be a lot better than Fraps for older computers and/or limited HD space. Even after upgrading to a very powerful new computer, I decided to stick with Bandicam because it's extremely straightforward, doesn't have the brightness issues that Fraps has, and has great support for external codecs. Plus, I had already paid for it.

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
I can report that it's not an interaction between FRAPS and FTB that's the problem. It works just fine for myself, and several other YouTubers.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I find if you close the debug window when launching your game both FRAPS and DXtory work fine

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
LOL took me a bit to figure it out but DXtory was recording the window plus the game so that is how I got it

Status
Not open for further replies.