FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info Morvelaira. I'll change my thread.

How would someone re-create the Beta A GregTech experience with the MindCrack pack? Would we manually have to compare configs or is there a list somewhere that notes the changes and alterations?
You can pretty much just open the config and choose which hard recipes to enable. I might make a comparison list later

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Something I noticed when comparing the Mindcrack and the DW20 packs... DW20 has an additional little addon called "NEI Plugins". This is what for example lets Railcraft show how much heat or EU a piece of fuel generates when mousing over the item. Mindcrack is missing that addon.

Now I'm not sure how NEI works, but since both packs have several extra NEI plugins installed (redpower and TE for example), do these extra plugins even work without the base NEI Plugins addon? And, was it a conscious decision to leave it out of the Mindcrack pack, or just an oversight (i.e. might it be added)?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell you for sure, but I think that NEI Plugins has a good chance of being added. I have left out anything from this list that is a behind-the-scenes mod, like Forge or ChickenCodeCore. This list is meant to help people decide which pack to use. I may, when 1.5 is released, add in which mods are up to date, which would then include behind-the-scenes mods. Also, I don't believe that NEI Plugins is needed for the other plugins to function.

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Disabled for now, waiting for future updates for slamming it into the pack ;)

Yeah, I tinkered with this earlier today and it seemed to have more stability issues then it was worth, probably why its not in already, if they want it in, but thats all up to the mindcrackers. Hope we get updates soon =)

biker_4_eva

Jul 29, 2019
How would one change the modpack for a server? I would hit like to know how to get the Mindcrack pack to work on a server.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to point out that Traincraft conflicts with other mods when put into the Direwolf20 modpack.
I can confirm this as I added a bunch of mods to my Direwolf20 pack including Traincraft (I'm following DW20's LP in the same world but doing things a bit differently). However, the only conflict I've had is with a Foresty item that is set at ID 250, I changed it to 2111 via the Forestry base config and conflict gone.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly OT but is traincraft actually "operational" yet? When I looked around for info it seemed a lot of the mechanics and blocks were ingame but I no info about any recipes on the wiki or ingame (not like that's rare though). I tried to look through changelogs and didn't notice anything.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I'm going with DW pack. I replaced Compact Solars with Advanced ones and planning to add GregTech. Do I have to change something in a config file to add GT? Or I can just slam it in the pack and no problem?

thezeronumber

Jul 29, 2019
You can pretty much just open the config and choose which hard recipes to enable. I might make a comparison list later

All right, it would be neat if you could. I think I will stick with the hardcore recipes for now, I can always change them if they are that much of a pain.

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
Right, I'm going with DW pack. I replaced Compact Solars with Advanced ones and planning to add GregTech. Do I have to change something in a config file to add GT? Or I can just slam it in the pack and no problem?
I think for use proper ids you need download also mindcrack pack and copy GregTech configs from it.
Same for Compact Solars.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Actually, Compact and Advanced use the same Id, so I had to remove compacts. it makes sense :D

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just started using FTB on my server and I used the first choice on the launcher, FTB BETA A...
What FTB pack is this exactly? What should I look for to upgrade it to?

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Well, I say "a few days" as you can see in the main news post on the subject it's more "weeks" but I'm that hopelessly optimistic zombie that's clawing at the iron door that refuses to break.

Reactions: Gr3n