FTB One - Infinity Hard Mode Week

B

Big Bad

Hello hello!

There's been some rumblings afoot – a server somewhere, somehow, got ahold of Infinity 2.0.0, also known as Infinity Hard Mode! Gasp!

This magical server, full of equally magical individuals, is known as FTB One, the Feed The Beast team’s not-so-secret private rig. In celebration of Hard Mode’s upcoming release, we’ve teamed up with some visual creators in the community to bring a bundle of streams and videos right to the Internet equivalent of your doorstep. Season 2 of FTB One has just begun, and these folks have a whole server of surprises to enjoy! For those interested in Hard Mode themselves, consider this as a hefty sneak peak!

Below is list of participants who’ll be (attempting to) survive:

FTBOne Season 2 | Infinity Hard-Mode

Streamers (Twitch)

OfficialFeedTheBeast
Slowpoke101
WeAllPlayCast
Wyld
tfox83
MrFlamegoat
Kleetho
Quetzi
KiwiFails
Runew0lf
Bronson2392
FireBall1725
Redo6565

YouTubers

TheOnlyBentley
tedyhere

This week, we’ll be promoting their streams and video releases on our Twitter as well as our forums, so keep a lookout! You might see some things that'll surprise you.

Infinity Hard Mode (2.0.0) will be dropping publically later this fall.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So, hard mode has the extreme crafting mod in it. It's has a 20*20 crafting grid. And it is well used in hard mode.
Edit: For one item at least. :/

Last edited:

Mr.Flamegoat

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it's time to start posting over here now... finally :]

Super excited to get in on this... stupid TwitchCon keeping me from it. So far, what I HAVE seen has me terrified.

Quirky

Jul 29, 2019
hello I cant get into any of the modpacks because it says this is a migrated account and you can`t play because you have payed but you didn`t I did pay

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
hello I cant get into any of the modpacks because it says this is a migrated account and you can`t play because you have payed but you didn`t I did pay

I think migrated means you have to put in your email address in place of your log in name.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
For the lazy/old fashion kind of people that are not really interested in ploughing through hours of streaming, could anyone point out a good place to go to actually get a synopsis of what "Hard Mode" actually entails?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah... I asked the same question in that thread but never received an answer:
Is there any place where we can get a description of what this "hard mode" actually entails? Description in the OP is rather vague. Is it just making progression take longer, more grinding? Will there be cross mod balancing? Are you gating progressions through certain mods, thereby limiting options?
The details in the original post are extremely vague IMO.

Reactions: Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... I asked the same question in that thread but never received an answer:

The details in the original post are extremely vague IMO.

The pack is still being built but to give an example to make a functional iron pickaxe you need a Tcon smeltery. To make a Tcon smeltery you need lava to power it. To make a bucket to move the lava you need IC2 iron plates. You need a Ic2 hammer. Hammer needs treated sticks. Treated sticks need creosote. Creosote needs what was it creosote oven? No coal coke oven.

Coke oven> Creosote> Treated sticks> Hammer> Iron Plates> Bucket> Lava bucket> Smeltery.

And you will also need to do things like make glue balls by pushing horses into the smeltery.
The top item the flight ring needs all the other flight items put together. From Ic2 to Thaumcraft.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The pack is still being built but to give an example to make a functional iron pickaxe you need a Tcon smeltery. To make a Tcon smeltery you need lava to power it. To make a bucket to move the lava you need IC2 iron plates. You need a Ic2 hammer. Hammer needs treated sticks. Treated sticks need creosote. Creosote needs what was it creosote oven? No coal coke oven.

Coke oven> Creosote> Treated sticks> Hammer> Iron Plates> Bucket> Lava bucket> Smeltery.

And you will also need to do things like make glue balls by pushing horses into the smeltery.
The top item the flight ring needs all the other flight items put together. From Ic2 to Thaumcraft.
So if I get this right, the pack is not as much about increasing the cost of items across the board and balancing them against each other, but more gating them through each other?

And will there be multiple approaches to an item or are you stuck with one path of gating no matter what?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So if I get this right, the pack is not as much about increasing the cost of items across the board and balancing them against each other, but more gating them through each other?

And will there be multiple approaches to an item or are you stuck with one path of gating no matter what?

Not incressing the costs as in just needing to get more resources no. Gating might be a good way to describe it.

Think if it being mostly about extending the length of the game, pacing you. By getting players to make use out of most of the mods rather than just setting up a simple EIO or TE system in a day and calling it complete. Completely ignoring the other mods and complaining that the game was over to quickly.

I haven't seen much but the early game but there should be multiple paths once you get into the mid game but all the paths will all take longer to get anywhere.

LostGuyJB

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to Infinity, it looks as though I came at the right time. This looks awesome. I've been mostly learning Botania. I'm curious how it might be tweeked. Any of these videos go over that?