FTB Newsletter May 2016

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
His state holds true. Them saying they will produce the packs doesn't really mean anything right now as the FTB packs are 1,7 and that haven't produced any 1.8 packs. It also seems like the are going to skip 1.8 packs all together so that leaves as waiting for 1.9 unstable. I know you will say the 1.8.9 unstable is a pack but it isn't it is just a test pack. Most of the 3rd party packs are just now making 1.8 and 1.9 packs and most of those aren't stable.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
His state holds true. Them saying they will produce the packs doesn't really mean anything right now as the FTB packs are 1,7 and that haven't produced any 1.8 packs. It also seems like the are going to skip 1.8 packs all together so that leaves as waiting for 1.9 unstable. I know you will say the 1.8.9 unstable is a pack but it isn't it is just a test pack. Most of the 3rd party packs are just now making 1.8 and 1.9 packs and most of those aren't stable.

Actually, look again... "FtB Unstable 1.8", to be exact.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Unstable is NOT a monpack it is a Test pack.
Technically, it's a Modpack... it's Minecraft, has Multiple Mods, can be found in the FTB Launcher, has a own logo and name... if it's just a test pack they wouldn't release it publicly. or give it a name/design, i mean that would be a waste of time if you're not gonna release it.

Reactions: Pyure and RedBoss

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Technically, it's a Modpack... it's Minecraft, has Multiple Mods, can be found in the FTB Launcher, has a own logo and name... if it's just a test pack they wouldn't release it publicly. or give it a name/design, i mean that would be a waste of time if you're not gonna release it.
Offical packs have Bug report pages. Also it says it is ONly a Testing pack. ROFL

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The difference between Unstable and a regular FTB pack is that Unstable comes with no official support, (usually) no official server download, very limited changelogs and is updated far more frequently than a regular pack. With Unstable the expectation is that your world could break at any time, that isn't the case with our main packs.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I wonder if people even try reading before complaining.
I was not complaining, merely showing my amazement that there are hardly any well known modpacks (not only ftb) that utilize the massive number of new features in newer versions of minecraft.

To put it frankly to me it still seems modpacks - and mods themselves- work on a version of minecraft called 1.6. No mods that utilize horses, or the plethora of new stone-types (and packed ice), or the undersea temples, or even actual vanilla items in their recipes (comparators for redstone output to inventory systems seemed logical)...

Just amazed, will the many magic/mob/weapon mods actually integrate with 1.9 combat? Or will modded minecraft grow further and further in a different direction from vanilla minecraft?

Reif

Jul 29, 2019
I was not complaining, merely showing my amazement that there are hardly any well known modpacks (not only ftb) that utilize the massive number of new features in newer versions of minecraft.
You clearly have no idea how programming and/or modding works.

Or will modded minecraft grow further and further in a different direction from vanilla minecraft?
If you don't want modded MC to be different than vanilla, why the hell are you playing modded MC?

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want modded MC to be different than vanilla, why the hell are you playing modded MC?

i think he means that it could evolve Away from what we know and call "Minecraft". there are already some packs which change MC alot. (for example: TechnoFirmaCraft). just like most games completely change after multiple Generations, Minecraft could not be the one we know... (hope you understand what i mean, but i could be Wrong... idk)

Squall

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, this isnt a nagging message. I assume Inventions has been delayed as its almost end of May and still no news on release, just curious how its going and any form of ETA if any that you guys have?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hey all, this isnt a nagging message. I assume Inventions has been delayed as its almost end of May and still no news on release, just curious how its going and any form of ETA if any that you guys have?

There is no timeline at all for the release of inventions. Anything I could say about how much work is left change the minute after I said it. It could come out tomorrow, or weeks from now.

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
You clearly have no idea how programming and/or modding works.

I'm not here to go into an argument with someone. However when under a personal attack I feel responsible to defend myself.

I've been modding and programming for a long long time. - Became interested back when unreal & quake were a thing. In the modding community I went from wc3 to now active in kerbal space program. I've also quite a few languages - not for modding-, for my work I program in python and C# on a daily basis. So no, please don't state I don't know how modding or programming works, it's my job.

I never said that I don't want it to be different, I said I wish mods incorporated new stuff found in the modern versions of vanilla - hardened clay, packed ice, ocean monuments, sponge, comparators etc etc, or hook upon these biomes/heat values to add new stuff.

Reactions: RedBoss and Pyure
P

Pandanar

What are the advantages of FTB Inventions over another kitchen sink played in creative mode? Does it bring anything new to the table that would assist builders? Aside from Equivelant Exchange, how does Inventions separate itself from Infinity? Would it be possible to implement Inventions as a part of Infinity Evolved, as another game mode activated with a command (like expert mode)?
I would not be opposed to that, i feel like a tech creative oriented pack with an expert mode could be a really fun idea

J

JoeAceJR YT

FTB MODPACK NEWS

rpKrbUg.png

FTB Inventions

Testing and Development is nearly complete.

FTB Inventions: With most of our other 1.7.10 content, balance and extended progression are focus points when designing unique packs. However, these core concepts have been thrown out the window with FTB Inventions. This modpack is designed for the creatively styled builder, designer and ultimate factory builder. For the first time ever, resource gathering is eased by Equivalent Exchange, and the main focal point is building and large technology based mods. Want to make a spawn city come to life with friends or an over complicated factory mass producing most items in the pack? If so, then FTB Inventions is for you! --Inventors, dust off your wrenches and prepare to dive into a world where the sky is the limit
!

Once final stability testing is complete, this pack will be available on Curse and the FTB Launcher.

In the next few weeks, we shall begin the development of modded 1.9 packs, beginning with FTB Unstable 1.9 that will be available to the public. This will also be available on Curse or the FTB Launcher.

Visit www.feed-the-beast.com for all pack downloads and information.

FTB TEAM NEWS

It is our great pleasure to welcome Darkosto to our mod pack development team.

Darkosto is currently a full time streamer on Twitch (twitch.tv/Darkosto). Much of the stream is devoted to modpack development, giving viewers insight into the process of creating packs from inception to completion, and focusing on viewer interaction and input. Darkosto's modpacks are based upon unique concepts to give players a fresh experience in the Minecraft world. From adding realism with block physics to adding enemies with intelligent A.I., his packs promise a fresh perspective on the game. Dark enjoys playing hardcore style packs and adds a similar tone to many of the packs he develops.

Modpack Author and Developer of:
*Journey to the Core
*The Aftermath
*Revenge of the C-Team
*Dark Grid

Twitter: @DarkostoTV

COMMUNITY NEWS

FTB now has a Curse Server for our community. Come join in on the conversation.

https://curse.com/invite/qeyhP75FYEWkihyI1hgXUQ

FTB Live on Twitch!
Come join us for a live Townhall meeting on the 20th of May, where we will discuss the current development of FTB Packs.
Make sure to follow www.twitch.tv/officialfeedthebeast to find out when the channel goes live and follow @FTB_Team on twitter for all FTB updates.

PAX EAST

PAX East was incredible this year, and thanks to all of those who attended the panels in person and live on Twitch.
For those that have may have missed the panel, we had the pleasure of having both the panels on Twitch VODs for your viewing pleasure.

Making the Most of the Mods in Minecraft

https://www.twitch.tv/pax3/v/62344497

Modpacks in Minecraft

https://www.twitch.tv/pax2/v/62658150

MODPACK OF THE MONTH

InfiTech 2​

The Infitech brand is proud to bring you InfiTech 2, a highly customized, specialized and streamlined modpack for the dedicated and challenge-oriented Minecraft players.

InfiTech 2 centres primarily on Gregtech and Thaumcraft, with a vast number of tweaks and adjustments to recipes to alleviate exploits and create a truly balanced "GregTech" experience.

Assemble vast hoards of resources as you build factories and complicated infrastructure projects. Explore the solar system to attain rare resources as your technological advancements progress. Achieve the unbelievable and create Stargates linking your empire together.

All possibilities are within your grasp. Are you the sort of player who can overcome the challenges?

CONTENT CREATOR SPOTLIGHT

This month's feature broadcaster is Flamegoat. A member of the FTB Stream Team and a Forgecrafter, he puts on a very entertaining show on Twitch. Check out his VoD from the most recent Forgecraft server reset.

Like to register as an official FTB Content creator?
Fill out this form and let us know!
Click Here to Submit an Application
What is curse? how does this differ from the ftb launcher?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What is curse? how does this differ from the ftb launcher?

Curse is a company that apparently hosts launchers, mods and other utilities for many games, although I only have experience with their Minecraft support. They provide an in-game voice service, and recently chat rooms as well.

I first used Curse just over a year ago when the beta launcher came out and haven't looked back. Slowpoke101 announced that the FtB forums were moving to Curse, as well as new development on the FtB Launcher put on the back burner pending a total switch to Curse.

If what I read is true, Curse is the largest legitimate repository in the community for Minecraft mods as well as hosting all the official FtB and many 3rd party packs. Their system makes it very easy to modify packs (by disabling mods in a checklist or adding new ones), updating individual mods while still part of a pack, and sharing your custom packs with others.

On the "Cloud" side of things the Curse launcher is more secure for the user, as Curse never needs to know your Mojang password... Curse links Mojang's launcher directly to your client to log on. Other benefits of using Mojang's launcher include no longer needing to maintain a copy of Java on your PC unless you use it for more than Minecraft. The Mojang loader automatically loads it's own copy JRE version 1.8.0_25 when you start and uninstalls it when you finish the game.

Mojang says it will update the JRE as they start using newer versions to do their own development, and I imagine they go to extreme efforts to keep their copy malware free.

Reif

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with all that, Hambeau, is that the Curse Launcher is an awful piece of software.
Curse has been a good company for modding and gaming in general but the launcher feels like bloatware I would uninstall instantly.