FTB Newsletter June 2016

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
FTB MODPACK NEWS

This month has been a very exciting time for FTB packs! We have released 3 packs in as many weeks.

Sky Factory 2.5 Release

uFXKOlq.png

It's skyblock like you've never seen it before! High tech mods, full automation, and chicken sticks! Sky Factory starts the player in the void with nothing but a tree and a *single* piece of dirt between you and certain death! Version 2.5 adds a variety of new mods to the pack and gives the player much more choice than ever before. The option is now available to begin in the classic void world or Botania's Garden of Glass, which allows the player a different set of challenges. Pick up your achievement book today and start your journey!

FTB Inventions Release

imJ1DgB.png

With most of our other 1.7.10 content, balance and extended progression are focus points when designing unique packs; however, these core concepts have been thrown out the window with FTB Inventions. This modpack is designed for the creatively styled builder, designer and ultimate factory constructor. For the first time ever, resource gathering is eased by Equivalent Exchange, and the main focal point is building and large technology based mods. Want to make a spawn city come to life with friends or an over complicated factory mass-producing most items in the pack? If so then FTB Inventions is for you! --Inventors, dust off your wrenches and prepare to dive into a world where the sky is the limit!

This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

FTB Unstable 1.9 Release

fOUZy0n.png

The official bleeding-edge testing platform used by Feed The Beast for their more modern 1.9.4 packs. Highly experimental and volatile. Just a reminder: no tech support will be offered for this pack!

Visit www.feed-the-beast.com for all pack downloads and information.

COMMUNITY NEWS

On Thursday June 2nd we had our town hall meeting / stream with special guests Darkosto, ZeldoKavira, and Kaelten

We discussed the releases of Sky Factory 2.5, FTB Inventions, and Unstable 1.9
Curse has announced that the Mac version of Curse app now includes our Minecraft mod manager.
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/news/165-curse-for-mac-gets-minecraft-mod-management

And last but not least, the Wrenched map will be releasing very soon.

You can view the broadcast in its entirety on YouTube:

FTB now has a Curse Server for our community. Come join in on the conversation.
X1MvCUR.png

https://curse.com/invite/qeyhP75FYEWkihyI1hgXUQ

MODPACK OF THE MONTH
Space Astronomy
jYvm1Zb.png

Space Astronomy is a space- based modpack that includes loads of the latest tech and space mods. It allows you to explore other planets around the solar system.

https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-space-astronomy-space-hqm-tech-new-server-list-added.72018/

CONTENT CREATOR SPOTLIGHT

Matrixis

Some things that people might like to know or what people commonly ask :-
  • Yes I'm rather bald
  • I live in the UK in the county of Norfolk
  • I used to be a DJ so music is important to me.
  • I'm a electronics/computer engineer
  • I started broadcasting on Twitch.tv to take my mind off real life crap and fell in love with it.
You can contact me by:
Messaging me on Twitch
E-mail to [email protected]
Twitter @matrixis

https://www.twitch.tv/matrixis

Like to register as an official FTB Content creator?
Fill out this form and let us know!
Click Here to Submit an Application

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unstable crashed a few times, but that was due to that TC Crafting Station Rendering items on it. but i just turned it off and enjoy it.
FTB Invention is a bit to Empty for me, so i'm rather dissapointed in it. (where's "FTB Kitchen Sink" with Magneticraft when you need it? xD)
and Space Astronomy is just Awesome. leaking some stuff, but Awesome.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Why've you got the FTB watermarks on the splashes?

Have you considered editing the avatar of the account you posted this with so people in not-night mode can make out the "Feed the Beast" text beneath the letters?

How does Sky Factory 2.5 integrate with Garden of Glass, aside from adding more mods to it? Does the Garden of Glass version contain a new achievement book, or is it the same as the original? Are there future plans for collaborations with pack creators, such as more stuff with Bacon_Donut? For a new player starting out in modded minecraft, would you recommend Infinity Evolved Skyblock or Sky Factory 2.5?

For the FTB Content Creation stuff, does it only apply to streamers and video maker guys, or do artists or musicians count? Is it required to link to a main channel and a VoD to show off out content (I mean for non-streamers/youtubers)? Are there any expectations of streamers and youtubers in terms of content or quality? Would a youtuber who doesn't post often, but has very high quality videos (such as in-depth mod tutorials) be able to be considered for being a content creator? Can we find a list anywhere of current FTB content creators? What benefits does becoming a Content Creator provide?

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBoss

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Why've you got the FTB watermarks on the splashes?

Have you considered editing the avatar of the account you posted this with so people in not-night mode can make out the "Feed the Beast" text beneath the letters?

How does Sky Factory 2.5 integrate with Garden of Glass, aside from adding more mods to it? Does the Garden of Glass version contain a new achievement book, or is it the same as the original? Are there future plans for collaborations with pack creators, such as more stuff with Bacon_Donut? For a new player starting out in modded minecraft, would you recommend Infinity Evolved Skyblock or Sky Factory 2.5?

For the FTB Content Creation stuff, does it only apply to streamers and video maker guys, or do artists or musicians count? Is it required to link to a main channel and a VoD to show off out content (I mean for non-streamers/youtubers)? Are there any expectations of streamers and youtubers in terms of content or quality? Would a youtuber who doesn't post often, but has very high quality videos (such as in-depth mod tutorials) be able to be considered for being a content creator? Can we find a list anywhere of current FTB content creators? What benefits does becoming a Content Creator provide?
I can answer the GOG question for the most part. I believe the pack devs through in GOG as a bonus. None of the GOG features like the pebble clicking thing are in the reg maps and you have to switch the Generation type to GOG to do that. There should still be the cool Skyblock type of flowers in the Reg maps. Hope that helps.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why they are moving so fast....Um.:(
who? the Mods or Mojang?
if you mean the mods, well think about it this way: why would mod makers waste Time on a Version that noone will play because there's already mods for the newer one? (the 1.8 skip for example).
it would be like writing the Newest version of Rotarycraft with tons of new Content for β-1.8. get it?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

I think Mojang is working hard to merge the feature set(s) of Java MC and MCPE/Win10 MC so that at least Vanilla players can co-exist in the same Realms servers and play together. Decreasing the update cycle may mean they have a plan to add a few changes at a time, reducing bug fix times.

Several fixes for Java MC have already been ported from MCPE... A fix added to 1.8 to only render blocks in player line-of-sight instead of all the way to bedrock went a long way to correct lag issues, and 1.10 introduced "Step Assist" as a selectable game option for example.

I think once we see the same features in all versions of MC we might see some form of the mythical Mod API being worked on, and modding brought to MCPE.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think Mojang is working hard to merge the feature set(s) of Java MC and MCPE/Win10 MC so that at least Vanilla players can co-exist in the same Realms servers and play together. Decreasing the update cycle may mean they have a plan to add a few changes at a time, reducing bug fix times.

Several fixes for Java MC have already been ported from MCPE... A fix added to 1.8 to only render blocks in player line-of-sight instead of all the way to bedrock went a long way to correct lag issues, and 1.10 introduced "Step Assist" as a selectable game option for example.

I think once we see the same features in all versions of MC we might see some form of the mythical Mod API being worked on, and modding brought to MCPE.
I was thinking maybe they were rushing for a big 2.0 push for next year? ......

Last edited:

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Hambeau member: 64766 said:

Modding MCPE is a thing already

W

WebDragon

BTW anyone interested in a nice survival island for Unstable, the seed is 6383601789727106897. pirate ships galore, at least two or more ocean monuments nearby, and a fair boat ride away is a large-ish mesa biome. I can't wait to see more of the infinity evolved mods moving into the 1.10 compatibility; it's nice to see *this* many mods already are.