FTB News Nov 7th 2015 | FTB Page on Curse | Pack Updates | Third Party Packs

J

JurrasicRex

Default Third Party Packs:
Galactic Science has been added as a new default pack under the third party tab on the launcher.

To keep the content on the launcher fresh, we're going to be featuring a new pack once a month. In conjunction we will also retire older packs at the same time. We want to keep the list fairly short so you don't have to scroll to get to your custom packs. This month we've got a bit of catching up to do, so all the following packs will be moved to the adjacent codes.

• Pathfinder : toboldlygo
  • Blast Off! : BlastOff
  • Material Energy^4 : ME4
  • TolkienCraft II : tolkienadv2
  • Running Red 2: Vampire Money : vampire
  • The Dark Trilogy : darktrilogy
  • Material Energy^3 : ME3
  • Test Pack Please Ignore : MegaSharkPunch
  • Running Red : blood
  • EPiCCRAFT : 5543211
  • BloodNBones : bloodnbones
  • Magic Farm 2:Adventures in Technology : magicfarm2

If you are playing one of these packs, the launcher will automatically add the code for you.

FTB on Curse Voice:
This week the FTB page came to Curse Voice alpha. A one stop place where you can get all of your FTB news, links to all the FTB sites, directly from the client. We are very excited to have these new options available to all Curse Voice users. This should appear on beta mid next week.

Y3cvnNpN1RTdNzc1i-hGXrbYpXMlJS_6tDHHpQstQsyenNdngwGI9oFgpkBxGO4jutfMFZDtN0Vm1aNx5a1zKiFC1IY77NbZF-xqr3qICDcp0i3unhcpVfF5UicKxBf90CD0OQ1r

First Week of Infinity Evolved
Today it has been one week since the release of FTB Infinity Evolved. We have seen some great builds and have had some great feedback on the new mods and pack modes. So how have you been doing in the pack? We love to see all of your builds and progress! Tweet @FTB_team with your progress.

Pack updates:
Today there were also updates to Cloud9, Vanilla+, Lite 3 and Direwolf20. These updates are public beta and will be moved to release if no major bugs are found in a week.
Honestly I tried to use the curse client, they really need to work on it. I tried to play magic farm 2 on it (I thought they removed the pack completely and I couldn't get it back) and it takes about 5 minutes to load minecraft launcher then there is a black screen for another 3-5 minutes and finally you get to the Mojang screen and if you click anything it does not respond and you have to restart. I haven't been able to start it I'm to impatiant to do that. But if your lucky you will not crash anytime and you can play.

I know it is still in beta, but still it is horrible they have a lot of work to do. Right now everyone is using MultiMC instead of it until it fixes which I hope it does

Also 1 more thing, is their any pack codes for the original magic farm?

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Honestly I tried to use the curse client, they really need to work on it. I tried to play magic farm 2 on it (I thought they removed the pack completely and I couldn't get it back) and it takes about 5 minutes to load minecraft launcher then there is a black screen for another 3-5 minutes and finally you get to the Mojang screen and if you click anything it does not respond and you have to restart. I haven't been able to start it I'm to impatiant to do that. But if your lucky you will not crash anytime and you can play.

I know it is still in beta, but still it is horrible they have a lot of work to do. Right now everyone is using MultiMC instead of it until it fixes which I hope it does

Also 1 more thing, is their any pack codes for the original magic farm?

I have no such problems, either with the "Minecraft Launcher" (I assume you mean the Curse client) or Mojang... You do have to click "Play" on the Mojang launcher to start the pack, though. Is it possible you're having issues with Mojang's authentication server or other network issues?

Reactions: jikuja
J

JurrasicRex

I have no such problems, either with the "Minecraft Launcher" (I assume you mean the Curse client) or Mojang... You do have to click "Play" on the Mojang launcher to start the pack, though. Is it possible you're having issues with Mojang's authentication server or other network issues?
It is the curse client, but modpacks themselves dont work. I press download and play on the curse client and wait for it to start it launches after waiting for a while, but after it loads, then mojang logo pops up about 5 minutes after I pressed play on curse client, but during the launch with the black screen if I click out of the box or back into Minecraft then it just crashes.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
It is the curse client, but modpacks themselves dont work. I press download and play on the curse client and wait for it to start it launches after waiting for a while, but after it loads, then mojang logo pops up about 5 minutes after I pressed play on curse client, but during the launch with the black screen if I click out of the box or back into Minecraft then it just crashes.
Curse does not have a launcher it only manages sorting out the mod packs. When you it play, it launches the vanilla mc launcher with the modded instance

Reactions: jikuja

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Tbh this is wrong thread to discuss about pack problems or pack installation or pack startup problems. Try support area and remember to post a log.