FTB News Nov 7th 2015 | FTB Page on Curse | Pack Updates | Third Party Packs

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Default Third Party Packs:
Galactic Science has been added as a new default pack under the third party tab on the launcher.

The nuclear dawn is here. Large powers around the world launched their nuclear arsenals, making the earth a place without future for mankind.

Luckily you have a chance to survive this. Due to the space projects of your uncle Richard you happen to have a space rocket in your backyard and the coordinates of the outpost base on moon.

To keep the content on the launcher fresh, we're going to be featuring a new pack once a month. In conjunction we will also retire older packs at the same time. We want to keep the list fairly short so you don't have to scroll to get to your custom packs. This month we've got a bit of catching up to do, so all the following packs will be moved to the adjacent codes.

• Pathfinder : toboldlygo
  • Blast Off! : BlastOff
  • Material Energy^4 : ME4
  • TolkienCraft II : tolkienadv2
  • Running Red 2: Vampire Money : vampire
  • The Dark Trilogy : darktrilogy
  • Material Energy^3 : ME3
  • Test Pack Please Ignore : MegaSharkPunch
  • Running Red : blood
  • EPiCCRAFT : 5543211
  • BloodNBones : bloodnbones
  • Magic Farm 2:Adventures in Technology : magicfarm2

If you are playing one of these packs, the launcher will automatically add the code for you.

FTB on Curse Voice:
This week the FTB page came to Curse Voice alpha. A one stop place where you can get all of your FTB news, links to all the FTB sites, directly from the client. We are very excited to have these new options available to all Curse Voice users. This should appear on beta mid next week.

Y3cvnNpN1RTdNzc1i-hGXrbYpXMlJS_6tDHHpQstQsyenNdngwGI9oFgpkBxGO4jutfMFZDtN0Vm1aNx5a1zKiFC1IY77NbZF-xqr3qICDcp0i3unhcpVfF5UicKxBf90CD0OQ1r

First Week of Infinity Evolved
Today it has been one week since the release of FTB Infinity Evolved. We have seen some great builds and have had some great feedback on the new mods and pack modes. So how have you been doing in the pack? We love to see all of your builds and progress! Tweet @FTB_team with your progress.

Pack updates:
Today there were also updates to Cloud9, Vanilla+, Lite 3 and Direwolf20. These updates are public beta and will be moved to release if no major bugs are found in a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Awesome! Mac support would be appreciated though. (Not trying to beg, I've got no grievances against Curse, but it's just a shame I can't load MC packs on the client just yet. You guys are awesome!)

Also, I started a new suggestion thread for FTB Infinity Evolved, check it out every once in a while for more awesome feedback!

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
I'm playing blast off, and it's not in the launcher.
eh, who cares thats what codes are for

Packs codes are for the people who have not installed pack earlier. There is other use cases than yours.

Now into your problem: can you send launcher log: In the launcher's options tab, check the boxes "Show Console" and "Reopen launcher when Minecraft exits". Then launch your pack again and when the crash/error/other problem occurs, click the "upload log" button in console window and give us the link. and screenshot of your FTB installation folder.

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
Is there, or will there, be a way to set up a server from the Curse client launcher. I poked around and didn't see anything but could have missed it.

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! Mac support would be appreciated though. (Not trying to beg, I've got no grievances against Curse, but it's just a shame I can't load MC packs on the client just yet. You guys are awesome!)

Also, I started a new suggestion thread for FTB Infinity Evolved, check it out every once in a while for more awesome feedback!

I agree, hopefully FTB won't fully go into curse without the Mac support not being available yet. Curse has been saying for too long that they have it in the works.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, hopefully FTB won't fully go into curse without the Mac support not being available yet. Curse has been saying for too long that they have it in the works.
I remember somebody on the FTB team(Slowpoke I think?) saying they weren't dropping the legacy client until the Curse client had Mac and Linux support.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thread for suggesting mods for Infinity Evolved?
I'd like to suggest the Ore Dictionary Converter mod, since having x types of copper ingots - because creating blocks and then crafting ingots out of them later again messes with the types - is really annoying.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thread for suggesting mods for Infinity Evolved?
I'd like to suggest the Ore Dictionary Converter mod, since having x types of copper ingots - because creating blocks and then crafting ingots out of them later again messes with the types - is really annoying.
Jabba barrels convert for you

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Jabba barrels convert for you
The problem is that it doesn't work for blocks, so you have to uncraft and then recraft them again (e.g. the smeltery and a normal crafting table give you different kinds of blocks) and there's also no good way to automate the converting.

Another mod I'd like to suggest: NoMoreRecipeConflict
There's a least one conflict: Wheat in a crafting table should give you wheat flour or seeds but since you can't choose which recipe is used, only the wheat one works. And I'm sure there are a few more conflicts.

MCBozo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where to post this, so I'm trying here. Just started a new Infinity: Evolved world on expert mode. I'm trying to make a bucket and despite the in-game guide saying you can make the treated sticks with refined wood ash, that recipe is not in NEI. I tried to make it anyway, just in case, and it doesn't work. The only way to make treated wood, and thus, a bucket, is to make a Coke Oven. I'm not sure if that was an intended change or not, so I figured I'd mention it here.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
Hey is there Alpha access to the Curse launcher for regular users? Or is this a Curse Premium function? Or is that functionality only available to FTB Staff? I remember back when curse client launched, we had the ability to "switch" from the beta to the alpha to check out new features.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Same method for getting alpha access still works but currently there seems not to be alpha release available.