FTB News - April 3rd, 2015

B

Big Bad

PACK UPDATES

Infinity 1.3.4 and Direwolf20 1.7 1.2.1 were reclassified as Recommended Builds earlier this week. We suggest updating to these latest releases as these updates provide tweaks, mod updates, and bug fixes.

Both packs are available on the FTB Launcher as well as Curse Voice. Changelogs for these packs can be found here. New, non-recommended beta builds for Infinity and Direwolf20 1.7 will also be available as downloads later next week.

Future FTB Packs Departed, Relentless, and Horizons 1.7 are also still in development.

TRIDENT

ulBoYtQ.png
If you’ve been vigilant, you might’ve seen some Trident streams on Twitch from some of our beta testers over this last week. We decided to temporarily lift the veil of secrecy while our testing team is putting the pack through its paces. On our end, we’re continuing to run our own trials as well as put some additional touches onto what will be the initial release build.

Testing is expected to wrap up within the upcoming week. Once we analyze our data and make any necessary changes, we’ll be able to solidify a release date.​

APRIL FOOLS

So we totally did a thing this week!

TERRA was our little joke pack that we thought might get a little chuckle out of you guys. We wanted to thank everyone who played along, posted on social media, recorded videos, did streams, made speedruns, and showed off their bases. We loved seeing how the community just ran with it. Thanks for making our April Fools special, everyone!

The pack itself will be bumped off of CurseVoice’s feature packs as well as hidden behind a password on the FTB Launcher within the next few days. If you wanna experience TERRA again, just use the code ‘ftbterra’ on the FTB Launcher and you’ll be able to redownload it at any time.​

YQw5FOs.png

To commemorate the event, we have decided to release TERRA-themed merchandise on our official storefront. You can now purchase TERRA shirts, hoodies, phone and iPod cases, posters, canvas prints, and cards. These items will remain on the store for the foreseeable future.

You can access our Society6 storefront here.

As for the future of TERRA as something to be expanded on? Well, we certainly took note of everyone’s comments and had a very interesting discussion on Wednesday. Beyond that, though, I can’t say anything at the moment.
FORUM MODERATORS
Just a heads up: we’ll be accepting applications for forum moderator positions within the coming days. As Feed The Beast continues to grow in popularity and scale, we are looking for additional talented, dedicated individuals to help manage our online community.​

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Generally speaking the people that want to be moderators tend to want power, which seldom goes well for online communities. Its better to watch the community and ask people who show they can be calm and reasonable if they would mind volunteering. Opening up applications at random is how you end up with moderators like MCF.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Does the FTB team ever sleep? Do you just all sit up and make modpacks 24/7?

Reactions: Chaka

tigertomd

Jul 29, 2019
Generally speaking the people that want to be moderators tend to want power, which seldom goes well for online communities. Its better to watch the community and ask people who show they can be calm and reasonable if they would mind volunteering. Opening up applications at random is how you end up with moderators like MCF.
I don't want power, if I wanted power then I TOTALLY wouldn't apply to be a moderator. That being said, I am definitely applying :D.
(First here, then the WORLD! HAHAHAHAHA)

Reactions: Hambeau and Adnje4

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If I had time and the means I would apply but I dont see that happening. Ah well, I need to get to working for the third party team anyway.

Cheeseless

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to apply R9K to the forum? Wouldn't that make the moderation team's job easier?

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I would tottaly apply if I had the time. But I'd think I would turn into the kind of mod who only shows up every few days, and quits :(

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I have to say, I really do appreciate these news updates. It's way better than being left in the dark all the time.
Also, well done with the April Fools joke. That was probably the only one I fell for this year. :p

Reactions: Padfoote

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't want power, if I wanted power then I TOTALLY wouldn't apply to be a moderator. That being said, I am definitely applying :D.
(First here, then the WORLD! HAHAHAHAHA)

^This, except I know true power means taking over the server as the Administrator and changing some of the access permissions... MUA-HA-HA! :D