FTB Monster - Ore Generation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah my mek came with osmium off by default. Thought that was silly since its the base of the entire mod. Unfortunately I didn't notice till I generated my world and played for a long while so I don't want to reset. I've added it to the cofh config with retrogen true and left mek disabled. I still haven't found any and even switched my world spawn at hopes of kicking the retrogen in my area. Still havnt found any :( is there a config option to turn retrogen on as a whole? My retrogen=true across the board. Can someone with working retrogen osmium copy paste me their config line so I can compare?

If Mekanism is disabled how does COFHCore spawn in a block from Mekanism?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If Mekanism is disabled how does COFHCore spawn in a block from Mekanism?

I never added osmium to the oregen for the 1.6 FTB packs because I never ended up doing anything with mekanism, so it wont gen if you add it to the pack even if you turn retro gen on. You need to hand enter the amounts into the config files and then do retrogen.

Oregen is going to be changing drastically for 1.7 though. The prototype for the 1.7 gen is currently in BnB. I dont have the full new tool set to play with, but the general them of stratification is there.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I never added osmium to the oregen for the 1.6 FTB packs because I never ended up doing anything with mekanism, so it wont gen if you add it to the pack even if you turn retro gen on. You need to hand enter the amounts into the config files and then do retrogen.

Oregen is going to be changing drastically for 1.7 though. The prototype for the 1.7 gen is currently in BnB. I dont have the full new tool set to play with, but the general them of stratification is there.

The other guy said he added it in. My point was he expected the ore to retrogen with the mod disabled.

I haven't spent to long on BnB, is the oregen like TPPI?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The other guy said he added it in. My point was he expected the ore to retrogen with the mod disabled.

I haven't spent to long on BnB, is the oregen like TPPI?

He added it in, but never flipped the switch to actually do retrogen.

Never seen the oregen for TPPI. I don't play TPPI or Monster. Horizons rarely. The oregen for BnB I posted somewhere in its thread.