FTB Monster mod pack listed - What do you think?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Is there an anticipated final list of mods for Monster? I see a list as of 1.0.3 on ftbwiki, is this the anticipated final list? The reason I ask is I am now noticing with the latest recommended update to 1.0.9 I now don't seem to have the ability to create compact solarpanels.

The changelog site still lists it for 1.09. Assuming you haven't disabled by accident (or something similar) you may want to post a bug for that.

Reactions: DCribbie

DCribbie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks John.E, didn't know about the site with the current change logs. I'll have to check later on today and make sure that its in the mod list on my copy of FTB. I really think that the GraviSuite is critical, I really don't like using any of the other jetpacks currently available in Monster, they just don't compare.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Were there any reasons given for not including Mekanism and Ars Magica in Monster? I was hoping to see them in the final modpack list. :(

Edit: Oh yea.. Galacticraft too. I saw that the configs on BoP could set to offset the problem with plants/biomes on the moon/mars.

Last edited:

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks John.E, didn't know about the site with the current change logs. I'll have to check later on today and make sure that its in the mod list on my copy of FTB. I really think that the GraviSuite is critical, I really don't like using any of the other jetpacks currently available in Monster, they just don't compare.

I thought this as well, but an MPS Powersuit with flight control set to 0 and rocket boots + jetpack on the same hotkey mimics the gravisuite chest.

Auftragsgriller

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I would really like to have xychraft, atomic science and maybe gergtech included.
Is there any chance for one of them?
btw: thank you for your wondeful work!

Auftragsgriller

Jul 29, 2019
I was answering one of the main questions and added a little question, i don't understand what should be wrong with this. But i guess you are right with xycraft and gregtech. But the coolest one i think would be atomic science! FUSION !!! :)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Darkxel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i found one problem. I can't use the Deprecated Extra-Dimensional Storage Upgrade for the Barrels. I can't place the Upgrade with right click or has that changed?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i found one problem. I can't use the Deprecated Extra-Dimensional Storage Upgrade for the Barrels. I can't place the Upgrade with right click or has that changed?
Barrels changed alot in the move up to 1.6. Deprecated means that they are probably only still available in NEI so that if you update a 1.5 world you won't have weird missing item problems. Barrels can't be upgraded but you can craft different types of barrel including one that is twice the size. If this is still not big enough then you may have access to a mod called JABBA (just another better barrel attempt). They work similarly to FZ barrels except they can be upgraded to have huge storage and they are easier to automate because you can push/pull from any side with them.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Barrels changed alot in the move up to 1.6. Deprecated means that they are probably only still available in NEI so that if you update a 1.5 world you won't have weird missing item problems. Barrels can't be upgraded but you can craft different types of barrel including one that is twice the size. If this is still not big enough then you may have access to a mod called JABBA (just another better barrel attempt). They work similarly to FZ barrels except they can be upgraded to have huge storage and they are easier to automate because you can push/pull from any side with them.
And all those upgrades for JABBA... Void Barrels are a godsend for cobble and dirt for me.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
JABBA is really nice I must say. I don't have access to the void barrels yet but they will be so useful to have for a million reasons. The one thing that I will still say that FZ barrels have in their favour are textures. Jabba barrels are perfectly fine, but the way that you can make FZ barrels of different wood types and it adopts the texture of the wood is really nice.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
JABBA is really nice I must say. I don't have access to the void barrels yet but they will be so useful to have for a million reasons. The one thing that I will still say that FZ barrels have in their favour are textures. Jabba barrels are perfectly fine, but the way that you can make FZ barrels of different wood types and it adopts the texture of the wood is really nice.

it would be nice if the JABBA barrels could have a version where it acts like the blocks from carpenter blocks, so you can give it the texture of the block you want.
perhaps even giving some more model options for barrels aswell

Darkxel

Jul 29, 2019
So I tested all the Barrels, the Barrels from Factorization can handle a max Amount of 128x64 Stacks (Large Barrel). The JABBA Barrel can handle 64*64 Stacks, thats the same quantity of a normal Barrel from Factorization.
On MC 1.4.7 Ultimate Server the Barrels with Deprecated Extra-Dimensional Storage could handle 1024x64 Stacks, its a lot more xD but if this isn't more possible we must live with ;)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
So I tested all the Barrels, the Barrels from Factorization can handle a max Amount of 128x64 Stacks (Large Barrel). The JABBA Barrel can handle 64*64 Stacks, thats the same quantity of a normal Barrel from Factorization.
On MC 1.4.7 Ultimate Server the Barrels with Deprecated Extra-Dimensional Storage could handle 1024x64 Stacks, its a lot more xD but if this isn't more possible we must live with ;)
You can upgrade Jabba barrels. Type @Jabba into NEI to see the list of upgrades. I don't know how big the maximum upgraded size is in Jabba but it is more than 128*64.

For the sake of completeness, I should probably also mention that minefactory reloaded adds a block called the deep storage unit. It can handle over 2 billion of an item type and it has a more futuristic texture than barrels so it might look better in your base too. The only drawback is that it doesn't give an external representation of its contents like the other barrels.

sixofour

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed there is no minimap, and in the mods folder they are flagged as disabled...is my pc going to go supernova if I enable zans minimap?