Windows .exe FTB Launcher is extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youriyo20

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update update and try again): 1.2.4
Minecraft Version:1.4.7
Java version:1.7.0_21
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:Something is slowing my FTB launcher down when i try to launch a modpack, i know its not java cause normal minecraft is working it has to be something thats inside the FTB modpacks. I have added java parameters like this "-Xms256m -XX:p: permSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
Error logs: http://pastebin.com/pxvuD8bF its in debug mode:)

btw between the space between "-XX: permSize" isnt in my java parameters but i have to do that becuase otherwise it makes this :p

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It usually takes between 1 to 2 minutes to load all the mods and textures for any given modpack. Normal minecraft doesn't need to load anything extra.

Youriyo20

Jul 29, 2019
well it takes noticeably longer to load everything normally when i play Ultimate modpack it takes around 1 minute and now i takes up to 20 minutes i dont think thats normal

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
If you have other processes running, a texture pack, added mods, etc. it will take substantially longer to load the modpack.
Modpacks take longer because they're loading more stuff. If you're doing more during this it will take longer.
Similar to trying to load 10 tabs on your browser at once. They're all going to take a long time to load, because you're doing so much at once.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Youriyo20

Jul 29, 2019
oke, but that still deosnt answer my question it takes 20mins to load FTB Ultimate modpack or any other used to take 1 min, joining a server takes 10mins used to take 1min, applying a texture pack takes 20mins used to take a few seconds. i used to launch ftb while watching youtube or on skype it always took 1min and now just out of no where it takes a hell of a time thats not normal.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
And use to as in what? Before an update? Before something changed? You're giving us rather little to work with here.

Youriyo20

Jul 29, 2019
uhm just like 5 days ago not after an update i just woke up wanted to play FTB and i took a long time to load i had this problem before did everything i did back then but nothing worked this time

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Rename your modpack's folder, use the FTB launcher to re-download everything, then launch without adding any additional mods or settings.
Will it still take that long?

ps:
Do you normally put your computer into standby/hibernate mode when leaving it for the night? If so, try a reboot.

Youriyo20

Jul 29, 2019
Philo i'll try your option and no i always turn it off when i'm going to sleep or going somewhere else

Youriyo20

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm Philo i tried your option didnt work but i noticed that when its starting applied energystics it takes 3 to 4 minutes to load.

and i also got this "2013-06-18 02:04:21 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Pam's HC base missing - MFR Pam HC Compat not loading
2013-06-18 02:04:21 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Pam's Weee! Flowers missing - MFR Pam Weee! Flowers Compat not loadin
2013-06-18 02:04:25 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Sufficient Biomes missing - MFR Sufficient Biomes Compat not loading"

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm Philo i tried your option didnt work but i noticed that when its starting applied energystics it takes 3 to 4 minutes to load.

and i also got this "2013-06-18 02:04:21 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Pam's HC base missing - MFR Pam HC Compat not loading
2013-06-18 02:04:21 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Pam's Weee! Flowers missing - MFR Pam Weee! Flowers Compat not loadin
2013-06-18 02:04:25 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Sufficient Biomes missing - MFR Sufficient Biomes Compat not loading"

Those mods are not in Ultimate by default and are probably the reason you're taking forever to load.
We've been basing all of our suggestions on you using the "vanilla" modpack.

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm Philo i tried your option didnt work ....
I take it that by "didn't work" you mean to say the new fresh install took just as overly long to launch as the old one?
Because it could also mean you were unable to follow my instructions for some reason.

Let's try to think a bit outside the box. You said you "just woke up" and suddenly the FTB loading process had changed. Now, there are two main causes that will make a computer change its behaviour 'over night':
1. user made configuration changes that do not take effect until the PC is rebooted (sometimes one even forgets they were made!)
2. malware that has infected the system and turns active on reboot.
In order to make absolutely sure no malicious and unwanted software is negatively affecting the performance of your FTB launching process, I suggest you download and install the free version of Malwarebyte's Antimalware. Let it run a full system scan. This may take quite a while, so do it when you are not in need of the computer. And don't be shocked: it is not unlikely that it will find a considerable amount of malware which your normal AV overlooked. Let it clean the system, reboot, launch FTB again, and check if this did the trick.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Youriyo20

Jul 29, 2019
I take it that by "didn't work" you mean to say the new fresh install took just as overly long to launch as the old one?
Because it could also mean you were unable to follow my instructions for some reason.

Let's try to think a bit outside the box. You said you "just woke up" and suddenly the FTB loading process had changed. Now, there are two main causes that will make a computer change its behaviour 'over night':
1. user made configuration changes that do not take effect until the PC is rebooted (sometimes one even forgets they were made!)
2. malware that has infected the system and turns active on reboot.
In order to make absolutely sure no malicious and unwanted software is negatively affecting the performance of your FTB launching process, I suggest you download and install the free version of Malwarebyte's Antimalware. Let it run a full system scan. This may take quite a while, so do it when you are not in need of the computer. And don't be shocked: it is not unlikely that it will find a considerable amount of malware which your normal AV overlooked. Let it clean the system, reboot, launch FTB again, and check if this did the trick.

yea i mean like the loading times are still the same and i'm using the vanilla Ultimate pack nothing else.
and i'm gonna do the scan now.

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Here's another rather unconventional suggestion:
Could you temporarily disconnect your computer from the internet, i.e. pull the wire or disable the network adapter?
Then start the launcher: it will greet you with a couple of error messages, then ask if you'd want to play offline. Affirm and click the launch button.
Still slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.