1. This section of the forums is now closed. You can post and answer support requests on the new support site here

FTB Launcher, 1.6.4 Mod Packs - Common Problems and Solutions

Discussion in '[Archived] Tech Support' started by Ashzification, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Disclaimer for 1.6.4 Mod Packs:
    FTB Lite 2 is the ONLY mod pack that is intended for use on 32 bit systems.
    All other 1.6.4 mod packs will NOT run properly on 32 bit systems.

First, I'd like to thank everyone for their continued patience while the development teams work toward providing you the best modded Minecraft experience possible. It's not easy for the volunteers to make time to work on the launcher, modpacks and configs; we're all appreciative of the work they do. We're all appreciative of you, the users, that you continue to use FTB throughout the ups and downs.

Secondly, before you post about issues regarding the updated launcher and the preview/beta packs, please make sure your launcher is installed correctly. You can use my troubleshooting guide (found here) to ensure your launcher is installed correctly.
    A few quick notes for Mac users (this may also include Linux/Unix users):

• To use the 1.6.4 packs, you must have Java 7 active on your computer. LWJGL 2.9 is what get installed with Minecraft and the mod packs using 1.6.4 Minecraft. This resolves the issue that previously occurred with your operating system using Java 7 and the launcher. You can find more information about that here.
    • If you wish to continue using 1.4.7 or 1.5.2 mod packs with the new launcher, you will need to update the LWJGL file in those mod packs. Please check out this document, it contains a link regarding how to do so. (Otherwise, you will need to downgrade your Java version every time you wish to change to an older pack)
    • You can not use Java 7 with LWJGL 2.4.2 (which is what comes with the older mod packs). Also, you can not use Java 6 with LWJGL 2.9 (what comes with the 1.6.4 packs).
    • Mavericks users, please read this thread.
    (This item is spoilered as it is no longer applicable for most users)
    Thirdly, if you are still having issues with the launcher downloading the new mod packs, please be patient. Over the last several days there have been thousands of attempted downloads; if your download times out, or fails, please try again later. Try waiting an hour or two before attempting again.
    Please read this thread regarding a few things you can try to help alleviate the issues with downloading. While that thread was created for a different reason, the suggestions within it may help you download your mod pack.

Lastly, if you do continue to have issues and feel the need to post a thread requesting more help, please post with the following format:
    By using that format, we can make the support process easier, since you'll have all of the basic information we need to help you. Please make sure to include the link to the console log, posted to pastebin.com. If you are unsure as to what log this is, please read this thread. The console log contains all of the basic information we need, and is the easiest way to verify the information you provide us.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Please remember that many of the 1.6.4 packs are public beta. All in-game bugs need to be reported here if they haven't been reported already.

LIST OF UNSUPPORTED THINGS. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR HELP WITH THESE.
    We can't support everything. It's just not possible. That list was created to help staff know what's a priority. If you ask for help with something listed in that thread/article, your thread may be moved from the Tech Support Section. If you do receive help from, it is in an unofficial capacity.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Legacy, Linux work around
    Apparently there's some issues with Linux users and the current launcher.
    Niel has posted a thread reviewing what you need to do to get the launcher/mod pack to work with your Linux system.
    Here.

hutoczky likes this.
  3. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Legacy, Mac and Linux initialization error
    There is currently an issue with Mac and Linux mod pack initialization.
    Please read my explanation on this thread for more detail.
    http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/horizons-not-launching-on-mac.35511/
    Also, please do not read the contents of the console unless you know what you're doing.
    Most of the time, the red and yellow text means nothing, and sometimes there's scary words in there.

4. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

I'll be taking the rest of the night off from replying to tech support threads. Going to try to replicate as many of the issues I've seen as possible and see if there are any other user-level work-arounds I can come up with.

I have work again tomorrow, and most likely won't be able to get back to the forums until after 4:30 PM EST.

Be nice to the other volunteers, and thanks everyone for your help :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  5. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

World Creation Tests
    For issues with world creation, Direwolf20 1.6.4:
    I have 2.75 GB allocated to the launcher. No added JVM parameters.
    Successfully generated a world under the following conditions:
    Survival, Default World Gen
    Hardcore, Default World Gen
    Creative, Default World Gen
    Survival, Superflat
    Survival, Large Biomes
    Survival, Biomes o Plenty

6. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Legacy, Issue downloading DW20 pack
    To expand on this:
    The initial download is large. It will take a good bit of time depending on your internet connection and your relative location to the download repo. The initial pack load doesn't take much time. Don't be frightened by the red text in the console. If you don't know how to interpret it, just ignore it :)

7. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Some JVM settings
    To expand on this:
    In the vanilla launcher, using a pack I made for myself (approx 140 mods) I use these JVM arguments
    Code:
    -Xmx3G -Xms512m -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
    They work nice for me.

8. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Legacy, "dirs mk'd" 'It's not loading'
    This is a common issue reported, and is described/answered very nicely here:

9. Jadedcat

Jadedcat New Member

Anyone other then tech support posting in this thread will have their posts not so randomly deleted.

exodusronin and Ashzification like this.
  10. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Legacy, Error downloading Assets
    Error occurred when downloading Assests issue.
    Nicely described by @Jadedcat
    Oh there's a nice little explanation/solution in there too :)

11. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

12. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

It's been reported that some of the mod packs can work on 32 bit OS.

Your experience may vary.

13. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

14. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

I have a google drive folder containing many of the fixes we commonly post.

As the fixes become outdated, I add Legacy to the title. Same in this thread, I spoiler the fix and label it Legacy.

15. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.