FTB - It´s to easy, how to make it hard?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I can get additional speed elsewhere. But immortality? That's not just around every mod's utility box...
You know, its funny that. After all this time, I think IC2 is the only other mod to offer real 'end-game' armour (unless you count the IC2 derivatives).

Anyway, I seriously wouldn't bother with anything other than energy shielding. Sure, you lose energy whenever you get hit. But the energy drain is so low, a maxed kinetic generator is all you need to keep it topped up. Even if you fall in lava, there's more than enough time to fly out of there unscathed (if you don't overheat that is).

(Note: the kinetic generator works from flying as well as walking, which is why its so good. Is this still the case in future versions of MPS?)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Infernal Mobs can spice things up. I ran into this today.

KHh4At9.jpg

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed. Ultras we run away from. Plus apart from TF mobs, it's the one other mod that can actually damage MPS armour with the rust ability. It's caught a few of the server players offguard, but is a nice balance. It's a shame that you can't weigh the abilities of Infernal Mobs, would make Rust a common ability.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
(Note: the kinetic generator works from flying as well as walking, which is why its so good. Is this still the case in future versions of MPS?)

Kinetic\Thermal\Solar generators no longer exist in 1.6 - MPSA hasn't been updated yet.

Really? Then I might consider bringing MPS back to ShneekeyCraft. My biggest problem with the mod was near invulnerability (leading up to actual invulnerability by the time you get all four armor slots with force fields). If that is no longer the case... hmmm....
Yeah - I frequently have trouble with encounters, even with a fully shielded powersuit. You can't pick a fight with a single zombie anymore without a dozen showing up to play too. I'm not sure if it is that RR nerfed the suit like mat said (It's possible) or just that the sheer number of hits overwhelming the defences. I now just liberally apply magnum torches to the torches....

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. Ultras we run away from. Plus apart from TF mobs, it's the one other mod that can actually damage MPS armour with the rust ability. It's caught a few of the server players offguard, but is a nice balance. It's a shame that you can't weigh the abilities of Infernal Mobs, would make Rust a common ability.
Urgh. I would install infernal mobs myself if not for rust. I don't like the idea of spending weeks getting a nice suit of armour, only to have it dashed away by a single mob. I don't suppose there's a way to repair MPS/quantum armour is there?

Even if I was just using plain old diamond armour, I don't want to lose 28 diamonds worth of gear to a single mob that can destroy it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Nothing stopping you from using Infernal Mobs, as you can disable any effects you don't like. There were a few that were even worse than Rust (which only does 1-5% damage per mob) especially when used in combo.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to know what a cloaking exhaust is...

Never even heard of it.
Each Phenom is a unique effect. So Cloaking lets it go invisible now and then, and exhaust drains your hunger bar at times(IIRC, might just slow you down).

Also Infernal Mobs is AWESOME, except for Rust if you're using a powered suit of some kind.
Kinetic\Thermal\Solar generators no longer exist in 1.6 - MPSA hasn't been updated yet.

Yeah - I frequently have trouble with encounters, even with a fully shielded powersuit. You can't pick a fight with a single zombie anymore without a dozen showing up to play too. I'm not sure if it is that RR nerfed the suit like mat said (It's possible) or just that the sheer number of hits overwhelming the defences. I now just liberally apply magnum torches to the torches....
My suit has Kinetic and solar generators in 1.6. I don't think thermal was a option, but I'll check before posting this. Or maybe not... Odd, it was all there... Maybe it's cause I added Galaticraft again...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Case in point, the problem which caused so much drama vis a vis Gtech and TiCo. One mod had a mechanic for smelting down anything that you could use your pickaxe on, and have fortune applied to the results. The other had a requirement of smelting blocks of metal back down into ingots... infinite loop.
Good grief, I never knew that, I thought it was just the planks thing. Never having played GregTech, I assumed that it was a Macerator that turned blocks backs into ingots, not a Furnace.

Reactions: Pokefenn