FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Is it my imagination or:
Is Immersive Engineering hella buggy for 1.7.10?
Almost every transparent block sets its light level based on the available sky light. Conveyor belts, Scaffolding, the Water Wheel, all draw as almost unlit. I have a conveyor belt in my factory that is carrying items into a Crusher, and mobs are spawning on the conveyor belt (???) because the blocks under it are considered unlit. The Crusher itself was just a black hulk until I made a hole in the roof over a block in the center of it.
Not in my experience, but I've not actually done anything with scaffolding, conveyor belts or the water wheel - however I'm about to add in some of those to an indoor factory, so I'll let you know.

E

eneKusho

Is it my imagination or:
Almost every transparent block sets its light level based on the available sky light. Conveyor belts, Scaffolding, the Water Wheel, all draw as almost unlit. I have a conveyor belt in my factory that is carrying items into a Crusher, and mobs are spawning on the conveyor belt (???) because the blocks under it are considered unlit. The Crusher itself was just a black hulk until I made a hole in the roof over a block in the center of it.
indeed
http://imgur.com/a/Zn4id

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Is it my imagination or:
That's caused by some unwanted interactions with Fastcraft - grab the latest IE for 1.7.10: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/immersive-engineering/files/2299019

Reactions: GreenZombie

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Isn't that the stuff from Witchery's Dream world? Making sure you're in a dream, rather than a nightmare should do it.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
My @#$(* cobble gen has started getting stuck. Keeps stopping with a cobble in front of the Block Breaker.

Sy2mOLz.png

---
Edit: Oh - its because I rebuilt it with an Project Red block breaker. The Open Blocks block breaker just goes and goes. Which is a problem really as it doesn't care that the inventory behind it is full - while the PR one stops.

Last edited:
G

GreyHawk_90

Since we are unable to get to The End, is it possible to get the Stable Unstable ingots?

V

vodamark

So... No full magical wood tools or weapons? I'm dissapointed, especially after crafting 60 magical wood. :( They should have just removed the recipe for magical wool alltogether then, it's useless without an option to craft all tool parts from it.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
So... No full magical wood tools or weapons? I'm dissapointed, especially after crafting 60 magical wood. :( They should have just removed the recipe for magical wool alltogether then, it's useless without an option to craft all tool parts from it.
Magical wood is not useless. It is required for Ender Cores to make Ender Lylis grow faster. They have a higher enchanting boost for the enchanting table, and can be used as decoration blocks.

Reactions: Pyure

Stese

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

I've been google-foo'ing for the past 2 hours, and asking on #ftb on espernet... no results... how do you edit the contents of the starting chest you get when you create an island? i've checked the ftbi.cfg and nothing there...

please help... i want to get rid of the spawn eggs (unless someone can give me a good reason not to)

Edit -

it seems the contents of the chest is hard coded into the mod... so there is no cfg to change.

Last edited:

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Are there any good ways to get Blaze Rods as a mage?
I'm at the point where I have to start crafting runes of fire and the alchemy catalyst but without a compressor I would have to spawn in dozens of blazes with the ex nihilo method for that

edit:
Since this is also for venting: wtf... I feel like the mage path is just balanced worse. I can't even make a drawer controller, because it requires a chipset.
I have to pay double for a lot of stuff because I can only make plates with the hammer. And if I use the orechid early on this even goes up to 4x because the smeltery doesn't double ores - even though it doubles the sifted ores just fine.
Speaking of sifting: The mana sieve doesn't have a compressed version and the orechid doesn't give electrotine, but all the useless project red ores.
Ok, thats all, I feel a bit better now. Time to spawn some blazes :D

Last edited:

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any good ways to get Blaze Rods as a mage?
I'm at the point where I have to start crafting runes of fire and the alchemy catalyst but without a compressor I would have to spawn in dozens of blazes with the ex nihilo method for that

edit:
Since this is also for venting: wtf... I feel like the mage path is just balanced worse. I can't even make a drawer controller, because it requires a chipset.
I have to pay double for a lot of stuff because I can only make plates with the hammer. And if I use the orechid early on this even goes up to 4x because the smeltery doesn't double ores - even though it doubles the sifted ores just fine.
Speaking of sifting: The mana sieve doesn't have a compressed version and the orechid doesn't give electrotine, but all the useless project red ores.
Ok, thats all, I feel a bit better now. Time to spawn some blazes :D
use a hammer(ex nihilo) on the ores it should bust them into the chunks you sift

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Good idea, but that's not very automatable with early game means. At this point I'm doubling them with Thaumcraft anyway, it's not very deep in the research tree

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea, but that's not very automatable with early game means. At this point I'm doubling them with Thaumcraft anyway, it's not very deep in the research tree
Rush through thaumic tinkerer for the dynamism tablet then? That and the use core are the easiest (only?) fake players on the magic side of things that I know of.

Look into the thaumcraft based mob farms too, let you capture mobs and use them to create a mob farm which should let you spawn blazes. Maybe you could just wail on dozens of GoG blazes with the cursed spirit's blade to get the essence for a TT based mob spawner? Although the tablet of necromancy is rather slow as they go.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
It wasn't as bad as I thought after all. I "only" needed to spawn like 30-40 blazes, and now I'm at the point where I can (and probably will) make the FM wrath cage. You really only need 21 blaze rods to get there: 2 blaze lamps, 1 for the alchemy catalyst, 1 for the rune of fire and 3 rods for the alchemical chemistry sets.

I'm still a bit sad that I can't make a drawer controller, rails (thanks railcraft, the rolling machine needs rf) and that I have to upgrade my chests manually but other than that it's coming along nicely

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about bees in Infinity Skyblock. I know that you need to breed towards the infinity bee to get into Gendustry, but is there a reason to get into bees at all besides being a bee-fan? All of the mods in the pack are needed to progress towards the creative endgame items, but I couldn't figure out whether you have to do bees or not.

Personally I think that players need to be forced to go through bees in this pack, since it is Expert Mode after all, whether they like it or not, but I couldn't figure out whether this is the case or not. Is there a special resource that I need that can exclusively be obtained by bees?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
the rolling machine needs rf
Use botania? It has a block to convert mana to RF.

I have a question about bees in Infinity Skyblock. I know that you need to breed towards the infinity bee to get into Gendustry, but is there a reason to get into bees at all besides being a bee-fan? All of the mods in the pack are needed to progress towards the creative endgame items, but I couldn't figure out whether you have to do bees or not.

Personally I think that players need to be forced to go through bees in this pack, since it is Expert Mode after all, whether they like it or not, but I couldn't figure out whether this is the case or not. Is there a special resource that I need that can exclusively be obtained by bees?
No, bees are not required for endgame items. There's a trophy tied to getting the infinity bee so for 100% completion of the special achievements you'll need them but other than that they just provide an alternative way to get resources really.

Reactions: Sandstroem