FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Rant: The "Smashing" mod on TiC tools prevents them levelling up. And in skyblock - levelling up is the only way to improve them.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Smashing mod does what?

"Smashing" is added to TiC pickaxes by combining them with a Ex Nihilo Diamond Hammer. This allows a TiC tools to "smash" cobble into gravel into sand into dust, as well as break up the Ex Nihilo Ore Sands. However, none of these actions counts as a proper "use" - the tool takes damage but the experience does not go up.

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
"Smashing" is added to TiC pickaxes by combining them with a Ex Nihilo Diamond Hammer. This allows a TiC tools to "smash" cobble into gravel into sand into dust, as well as break up the Ex Nihilo Ore Sands. However, none of these actions counts as a proper "use" - the tool takes damage but the experience does not go up.
It should level up if you put it on a shovel.

Edit: tested, it does work.

Last edited:
G

GreyHawk_90

I am unable to make a witches cauldron from witchery, for some reason the anointing paste will not appear in my inventory when I try to craft it. I see the finished item, and I click on it to take it to my inventory, and it does not show up there.

Help?

Or is there another way to make the witches cauldron?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to make a witches cauldron from witchery, for some reason the anointing paste will not appear in my inventory when I try to craft it. I see the finished item, and I click on it to take it to my inventory, and it does not show up there.

Help?

Or is there another way to make the witches cauldron?

Sounds like recipe desync, what is the recipe for annointing paste that is showing for you? and are you playing on a server?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I should have clarified. It does level up, but only on blocks that Smashing doesn't effect. Which is not a lot.
That's because the effective tool on gravel, sand etc. is not a pickaxe. They don't level up if they don't mine their intended block.

So go make a shovel.

G

GreyHawk_90

Sounds like recipe desync, what is the recipe for annointing paste that is showing for you? and are you playing on a server?

The recipie is one of each of the seeds from witchery. And yes, I am on a server, but I host it and have not changed anything on it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The recipie is one of each of the seeds from witchery. And yes, I am on a server, but I host it and have not changed anything on it.
Ah yep, your client scripts are wrong somehow. They modified the recipe for IE:E/IE:S, it should require mystic flower petals and I think it was a water bottle? Can't check now. Anyway, try just copying the scripts folder from the server and replacing the one in your client with it, that should give you the correct recipes.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
That's because the effective tool on gravel, sand etc. is not a pickaxe. They don't level up if they don't mine their intended block.

So go make a shovel.

Oooo! Science!

It was the Ex Nihilo wiki that said to put it on a pickaxe :/

G

GreyHawk_90

Ah yep, your client scripts are wrong somehow. They modified the recipe for IE:E/IE:S, it should require mystic flower petals and I think it was a water bottle? Can't check now. Anyway, try just copying the scripts folder from the server and replacing the one in your client with it, that should give you the correct recipes.
But my friend plays on the server I host and he has the same problem too... So both our clients are incorrect recipes?

DarkestStryke

Jul 29, 2019
But my friend plays on the server I host and he has the same problem too... So both our clients are incorrect recipes?
Or.. if your the admin or have op perms on the server do /mt reload to reload the scripts. That helped resolve the issue on the IE Skyblock server i play on

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So,
You can make obsidian blocks in a smeltery, no diamond pick required. Just point a Drain the wrong way around, and you can pipe in water and lava - lowest tech way is to use a casting channel in, and use a faucet to empty a smeltery tank into it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Technically, you don't even need to reverse the direction of the drain. Just pipe into the drain itself. I've got a portable tank set to auto-output to throw my buckets in and that dumps it in to make the stuff.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Did Agrarian Skies have a tweak to allow the smelters to process the ore fragments directly? I don't remember how I automated the smelting of sifting output there but it seemed different...

E

eneKusho

How can I get a replicator? Reinforced stone is uncraftable...
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. I should read the wiki more often ;p

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Is it my imagination or:
Is Immersive Engineering hella buggy for 1.7.10?
Almost every transparent block sets its light level based on the available sky light. Conveyor belts, Scaffolding, the Water Wheel, all draw as almost unlit. I have a conveyor belt in my factory that is carrying items into a Crusher, and mobs are spawning on the conveyor belt (???) because the blocks under it are considered unlit. The Crusher itself was just a black hulk until I made a hole in the roof over a block in the center of it.