FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
And what will we find when we get there? Nothing? Like the entire rest of this modpack? LOL

The obsidian pillars are still there, meteors still spawn and the chaos dragon's spots are still intact. Either way getting there is important if you want to finish draconic evolution as you need to kill the ender dragon multiple times.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The obsidian pillars are still there, meteors still spawn and the chaos dragon's spots are still intact. Either way getting there is important if you want to finish draconic evolution as you need to kill the ender dragon multiple times.

Okay thanks. So I guess a jetpack is necessary after all then. This is the first modpack I ever played where I got to the point of making a NanoSuit or Simply Jetpacks, and said to myself "Nah, really don't need it at the moment, maybe later, there's more important stuff to spend my time on." I laughed out loud to myself when I arrived at that moment, because I found it very funny. What kind of modpack is this? LOL

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
A modded skyblock. For people who like nothing and sifting endlessly. Well not endlessly you can automate evething so you are left with nothing to really do.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks. So I guess a jetpack is necessary after all then. This is the first modpack I ever played where I got to the point of making a NanoSuit or Simply Jetpacks, and said to myself "Nah, really don't need it at the moment, maybe later, there's more important stuff to spend my time on." I laughed out loud to myself when I arrived at that moment, because I found it very funny. What kind of modpack is this? LOL

I got my jetpack sorted for a trip to the nether - not knowing there was absolutely nothing there. Doh!

Reactions: LegendLength

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I got my jetpack sorted for a trip to the nether - not knowing there was absolutely nothing there. Doh!

Yeah, I got my 10 obsidian and lit my portal, and as I was about to step into it, a server-mate showed up at my base and saw me. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" he said. "Why not? I need nether quartz, just a quick trip", I informed him. "Because you won't find anything there except your portal blocks. I'd wait until you at least have a jetpack."

I still haven't stepped thru that portal. I un-lit it, and it still stands there unused. This is probably the strangest modpack I've ever played, there's so much of the essential part of the Minecraft game that's just been axed completely.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I got my 10 obsidian and lit my portal, and as I was about to step into it, a server-mate showed up at my base and saw me. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" he said. "Why not? I need nether quartz, just a quick trip", I informed him. "Because you won't find anything there except your portal blocks. I'd wait until you at least have a jetpack."

I still haven't stepped thru that portal. I un-lit it, and it still stands there unused. This is probably the strangest modpack I've ever played, there's so much of the essential part of the Minecraft game that's just been axed completely.

As a few people have already said, there is something about building everything from scratch - that's probably the appeal for me. But ultimately, skyblocks can be a bit soul-less - especially on SSP!

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Personally for me it's the fact that having to dig a lot of stone and such to create a room and then dig out space to put wires and such is kinda boring. Resources being easy is an issue on normal skyblocks but expert mode atleast challenges you to automate all the machines. In a standard world resources aren't exactly hard to get either, just stick down a quarry and go. Expert mode does make this harder but eventually you get there and well before you finish the game.

The nether being a skyblock is nice because honestly having a non-skyblock map in a skyblock is kind of bad. Atleast with the spirit world there are other things to take into account such as the ease of getting to and from and the loss of inventory atleast until you can get around that. Honestly going to the nether for quartz in a skyblock also destroys part of the automation, and automating nether quartz isn't that hard.

Reactions: LegendLength

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
I really really like the expert recipes - forcing you to go "different mods" and actually see progression - instead of just going from tinker's construct tools to lategame infinite single block automation in a few hours.

I do kind of miss a HQM storyline though - especially a "limited" but "increasable" amount of lifes is something I find fun on skyblock.

I wonder, is it possible/am I allowed to create and publish a HQM mod-pack based on this skyblock? (Or, maybe better, is the mod that changes the recipes free -libre- software?)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder, is it possible/am I allowed to create and publish a HQM mod-pack based on this skyblock? (Or, maybe better, is the mod that changes the recipes free -libre- software?)
Might be iffy and definitely, it's minetweaker which is a very commonly used mod in modpacks with a custom scripting language to let you change all the recipes.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Well now I ran into my next problem. Wanted the eldritch eyes for tier 4 blood orb. Wouldn't mind some primordial pearls while I'm at it for other things especially the advanced alchemical furnace. Problem is while I could get the eldritch eyes using warp effects to complete the recipe for the portal-in-a-box if I'm not mistaken opening the portal requires that the opening the eye research be completed. With that said I can't find a method to get the crimson rites book. NEI shows nothing on the spawn crimson cultists or portal eggs also doesn't show anything on the book itself. I gave myself all the research in a creative world and still nothing. Even used the portal-in-a-box in the creative world and it doesn't spawn guardians or crimson cultists.

So since the question was never answered I found the answer myself in my survival world. Apparently there is a random chance for crimson cultists to spawn when using the portal-in-a-box and neither of my portals in creative were successful. My first portal in survival was. Got the book and the research for opening the eye. Now to open the thing up and get the portal.

As for a word of warning, the portal-in-a-box infusion is causing some crashes.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, and I might have just missed it, but what's the actual recipe for anointing paste? The default recipe shows up in NEI for us, but isn't craftable. We ended up cheating one in.

Z

Zatkhar

Quick question: am I missing anything with the recipes for the inscriber presses or do they just not exist yet? I'd like to build a Big Reactor (I've got all this Yellorium lying around, figured I'd put it to good use), but my one stumbling block is the Logic Processor required for the Computer which is in turn required for the Reactor Controller. Mousing over the inscriber presses in NEI says that they can be made in the Rolling Machine, but I'm not finding a recipe anywhere. Am I just missing it or is it not in the pack yet?

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: am I missing anything with the recipes for the inscriber presses or do they just not exist yet? I'd like to build a Big Reactor (I've got all this Yellorium lying around, figured I'd put it to good use), but my one stumbling block is the Logic Processor required for the Computer which is in turn required for the Reactor Controller. Mousing over the inscriber presses in NEI says that they can be made in the Rolling Machine, but I'm not finding a recipe anywhere. Am I just missing it or is it not in the pack yet?
You are just missing it. It's a block of iron plus the other required item. Diamond, nether quartz, gold etc

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zatkhar
Z

Zatkhar

You are just missing it. It's a block of iron plus the other required item. Diamond, nether quartz, gold etc

Thanks but that literally does not work for me, I just tried again with a fresh install of the modpack. Given that the recipe doesn't appear in NEI either, I assume there's a bug at work. Still, if that's the intended recipe I guess I can just spawn in the presses and throw away the materials that were supposed to make them.

Thanks again!

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks but that literally does not work for me, I just tried again with a fresh install of the modpack. Given that the recipe doesn't appear in NEI either, I assume there's a bug at work. Still, if that's the intended recipe I guess I can just spawn in the presses and throw away the materials that were supposed to make them.

Thanks again!
There is a minetweak reload command you may need to use. I can't recall what it is offhand though I've seen it on these forums

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
There is a minetweak reload command you may need to use. I can't recall what it is offhand though I've seen it on these forums

I command would be " /mt reload " as far as I am aware.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so this is a discussion thread so I have a question, because I haven't played it, what are the differences between this and agrarian skies 2? Thank you for your time.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so this is a discussion thread so I have a question, because I haven't played it, what are the differences between this and agrarian skies 2? Thank you for your time.
Alot:

in IE:S the nether, and end are both skyblocks as well. No going to the end for nether quartz and you'll have to fight the dragon while flying basically.
IE:S doesn't have HQM. No random rewards to overpower you, nothing telling you to do this or that. However there are skyblock achievements and each of them reward you with a trophy that you can place wherever you want!
IE:S has a lot more recipe changes. Just for an example in order to get a bucket you will need 3 iron plates, in order to get 3 iron plates without the metal former or press you'll need a forge hammer. In order to get the forge hammer that usually requires 2 sticks and 5 iron you'll need 5 iron and 2 treated wood sticks. to get treated wood sticks you'll need to make a coke oven to get creosote. All of that just to make a bucket. Also 1 wood = 2 planks = 2 sticks. Generally in order to get any mod block you'll need to use other mods items to get them. runic alter requires blood runes from blood magic, attuned stone from witchery and the 5 basic runes from botania and a mana pools worth of botania mana.
IE:S gives you a water source block and lava source block that you can place anywhere. You won't need to do that starting grind to get your first cobble gen going.
IE:S disabled quite a few of the easy power generation options such as most lava based power. Sadly the culinary generator still exists but atleast you'll need a decent food source to get great power out of it.

Overall IE:S says in order to get everything done you should know how to use all of the mods. IE:S makes all of the overpowered mods a bit more balanced as well by sorta balancing out their recipes. The ME system for example requires enhanced galgadorian metal and enriched sunnarium alloy, so you'll need to make quite a bit of iridium and a lot of stuff for the galgadorian. You'll likely want to learn how to use logistics pipes at the beginning.

Z

Zatkhar

I command would be " /mt reload " as far as I am aware.

This worked, thanks a lot to the both of you! I also did a more complete reinstall once it was working (uninstalling both curse & the modpack as well as all related appdata) and that also seems to have done the trick. Hoping that might have circumvented any potential future bugs.

G

GreyHawk_90

How do I get the Pams Harvestcraft saplings? I cant seem to figure it out...