FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For those who prefer to avoid IC2... I hope you realize you're turning your back on the fastest (by far, it's not even close) processing machines for your raw materials. Add 10-16 Overclocker Upgrades to each IC2 machine and watch them run at light speed... while consuming vast quantities of EU of course. LOL But if you do IC2 nukes, power should be of no concern.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
They are but tbh you can easily process most things other ways and just use multiples. I think the only exception is I think compressor, thermal centrifuge or ore washer(stone dust), maybe one or two other machines. The metal former is a lot better than the metal press however, but then you could just double your resource cost for plates and use forge hammers, it's probably just ask quickly if you automate it. Resources aren't a huge enough issue that that would be a problem.

However in the end I don't see the hate for IC2. Most of the really complicated stuff you don't even need, the only big one that you do need is a single nuke to get a single plutonium and the machine to make the mining laser. Everything can be powered with MV or HV wire connectors so you don't even have to touch the IC2 power system. Yes it's not as simple or easy as most other mods and most other mods overpower it. However I don't see the issue with that.

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just don't wish to have another "magic boxes" world.

If I want that I could easily create my own mods to bring me all the stuff I want. - I really like when you have to puzzle and make large machines (tinker's smeltery is a good example of a non-complex but still non magic box structure where - but also botania I feel is amazing since it allows you yourself to make difficult structures where placement etc is important).

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
For those who prefer to avoid IC2... I hope you realize you're turning your back on the fastest (by far, it's not even close) processing machines for your raw materials. Add 10-16 Overclocker Upgrades to each IC2 machine and watch them run at light speed... while consuming vast quantities of EU of course. LOL But if you do IC2 nukes, power should be of no concern.

I prefer Mekanism, but unfortunately not an option

RabidBurn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get to The End included in the pack? Or do you have to make a portal in creative?

RedSpah

Jul 29, 2019
I remember that there was a block in old Ultimate pack that alowed you to turn identical materials from different mods into one another, like allowing to transform IC2 Copper bar to TH Copper bar etc. for better storing.

Does an item or block like that exist in IE: S?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I remember that there was a block in old Ultimate pack that alowed you to turn identical materials from different mods into one another, like allowing to transform IC2 Copper bar to TH Copper bar etc. for better storing.

you can use a barrel to do this

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019

Drawers work

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Well after ~2 weeks of play my worry about playing on an "open" server is a reality, block lag and the banned item list is growing by the day. Sucks because i just got AE up and running over the weekend,had a good amount of iridium and plutonium coming in and now i gotta restart. At least i learned a few things and use what i learned to smooth out the early grind :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Someone please explain this video - Botania can generate ore blocks in early game somehow? I really don't know the mod very well.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The orechid is a Botania flower that transforms nearby smooth stone blocks into random ore blocks, normally it's not very good, ex compressum however adds a copy of the official skyblock version which is massively faster and cheaper than the normal orechid. Which amounts to a fairly early game flower that can convert smooth stone blocks into ore blocks for a relatively small mana cost.

Reactions: asb3pe

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The other is dark grey, looks awesome and I've no idea how to get it. [no recipe listed]
Probably ProjectRed basalt, it spawns as part of volcanoes. Maybe it spawns in the Spirit World?

There's also IC2 basalt cobblestone which you get by running lava through a liquid heat exchanger - which can be used to generate power from lava as an aside - and then placing the resulting pahoehoe lava in world and it turns into basalt when cooled unlike normal lava turning into stone/obsidian.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix