FTB Infinity Release

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
P4qaSDz.png

I died, and after breaking my grave a zombie stole my gear..Now he is flying around...And i can't reach him, i hope it runs out of power

seems he's having a great time up there

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
That's ok, I ran into my doppleganger once (mob that has the same armor and weapon as you) on Clouds of Darkness in the TF. I was wearing a jetpack and infused armor so strong that I didn't take damage from mobs... and now so was he. Was a pretty epic battle, and it ended by me using blocks to trap him into a corner and leaving him there.

Reactions: Eruantien

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone getting memory leaks with this modpack? It's normally starts around 8-10 Gigs for me, then shoots up to 15 Gigs max.

Last edited:

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone getting memory leaks with this modpack? It's normally starts around 8-10 Gigs for me, then shoots up to 15 Gigs max.
It shouldn't be using 8-10 GB in the first place, let alone increasing. My RAM usage sits around 3.5 GB.

Haven't done tech support for like 8 months so my support knowledge is horribly outdated, but there's always the standard "reinstall and hope" method. Beyond that, I don't have a clue.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's ok, I ran into my doppleganger once (mob that has the same armor and weapon as you) on Clouds of Darkness in the TF. I was wearing a jetpack and infused armor so strong that I didn't take damage from mobs... and now so was he. Was a pretty epic battle, and it ended by me using blocks to trap him into a corner and leaving him there.

there's still a few things that could kill a player even though they've pretty much indestructable armor
such as hungry nodes or minefactory reloaded mining lasers

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You should not have that much RAM allocated. Too much memory is as bad as not enough. 2.5-3 gigs is all the pack needs. I am running 64x textures with only 3.25 gig allocated with no issues using Java 8 64 bit.

Tumtum

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, in case you are using infinity I just fixed a bug in RFTools that would cause crashes in the following situation:
  • You are playing on a server
  • You are in the overworld
  • You teleport to an RFTools dimension
I asked the infinity maintainers to update the pack soon but in the mean time you can manually put rftools 2.31b there. It doesn't change anything else besides fixing this bug:

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#t1:other-downloads

Is this fix part of 1.0.1? We have 1.0.0 on our server and people are really annoyed with these bugs?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Is this fix part of 1.0.1? We have 1.0.0 on our server and people are really annoyed with these bugs?

I know that 1.0.2 has 2.40 which is also ok but 1.0.2 is not yet recommended (although we have been using it a lot the past few days with no issues). I have no idea what is in 1.0.1 though. Perhaps try updating a local client and see if it contains rftools 2.31b?

Tumtum

Jul 29, 2019
I know that 1.0.2 has 2.40 which is also ok but 1.0.2 is not yet recommended (although we have been using it a lot the past few days with no issues). I have no idea what is in 1.0.1 though. Perhaps try updating a local client and see if it contains rftools 2.31b?
I'll give it a try. When will 1.0.2 be ready, because if it's just around the corner I'll just ask my server host to update to 1.0.2 when it becomes recommended.

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
You should not have that much RAM allocated. Too much memory is as bad as not enough. 2.5-3 gigs is all the pack needs. I am running 64x textures with only 3.25 gig allocated with no issues using Java 8 64 bit.
I'm using Java 7 (I've read older packs - older Forge versions mainly - may not work right with java 8).

Anyway, I'm also getting rare twilight forest biomes spawning in the overworld. I did set a few BoP biomes to false, but none of the IDs have changed. In fact, the Twilight Forest biome IDs are in the 200s. I found a HighlandsCenter biome in one world, and spawned in some mushroom forest biome in another. I've had this problem before, but it was an ID conflict - I can't find any here (or any conflicts with vanilla biome IDs).

I:biome.id.Clearing=200
I:biome.id.DarkForest=201
I:biome.id.DarkForestCenter=202
I:biome.id.DeepMushrooms=203
I:biome.id.EnchantedForest=204
I:biome.id.FireSwamp=205
I:biome.id.Glacier=206
I:biome.id.Highlands=207
I:biome.id.HighlandsCenter=208
I:biome.id.Lake=209
I:biome.id.LightedForest=210
I:biome.id.Mushrooms=211
I:biome.id.OakSavanna=212
I:biome.id.Snowfield=213
I:biome.id.Stream=214
I:biome.id.Swamp=215
I:biome.id.Thornlands=216
I:biome.id.TwilightForest=217
I:biome.id.TwilightForestVariant=218

EDIT: Found this - https://github.com/Glitchfiend/BiomesOPlenty/issues/334
... I tried mapping the entire TF biome range in the 237-255 id block, generated the test world again, and teleported to x = -1900 z = 2450. With great delight, I encountered no Enchanted Forest. Short of any more extensive testing, this seems to fix things.

May try that.

EDIT2: Seems to fix it, but could still pop up - https://github.com/BBoldt/Unabridged/issues/238

Looks like IDs have to be +128 from the BoP biomes (maybe that's why one person put the TF biome IDs at the max values).

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Java 7 (I've read older packs - older Forge versions mainly - may not work right with java 8).

Java 7 is even worse at handling memory than Java 8. With Java 7, I would almost guarantee that is your issue. Like I said, more is not better when dealing with how Java uses memory. You only want what you need and no more. So, like I said originally, set it for 2.5-3 gigs and no more. With 64 x texture packs, 3-3.5 is good. If you are using shaders, it might need to be as high as 4 gigs. Anything beyond that is just making it run slower.

As far as Java 8, it doesn't work with older packs because of a Forge issue. If you are not playing old packs, then I would strongly advise upgrading to Java 8. It runs so much better. I gained 20 FPS over Java 7 with all the best JVM arguments while using it with no arguments.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Java 7 is even worse at handling memory than Java 8. With Java 7, I would almost guarantee that is your issue. Like I said, more is not better when dealing with how Java uses memory. You only want what you need and no more. So, like I said originally, set it for 2.5-3 gigs and no more. With 64 x texture packs, 3-3.5 is good. If you are using shaders, it might need to be as high as 4 gigs. Anything beyond that is just making it run slower.

As far as Java 8, it doesn't work with older packs because of a Forge issue. If you are not playing old packs, then I would strongly advise upgrading to Java 8. It runs so much better. I gained 20 FPS over Java 7 with all the best JVM arguments while using it with no arguments.

1.7.10 packs seem to work best with 2GB minimum ram, 4GB maximum ram and 256MB permgen set on Java 7... These seem to be the default settings for Java 8, but the caps seem to be variable so switches aren't needed. If you aren't using 1.6 packs, as stated above, Java 8 is a good idea.

Mojang recently published several charts indicating that Java 8 is the majority used version among logons using their authentication servers (all legitimate copies) and even have a new (beta) loader that's fully self contained... You don't even need to have Java installed anymore since the new loader dynamically loads Java (version maintained by Mojang) while loading vanilla MC. That version of Java? Java 8.

Last edited:

xvolution

Jul 29, 2019
FYI: The version of Thaumic TInkerer packaged with Infinity 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 is bugged, and the Osmotic Enchanter will crash your world when you hit the "go" button or when you try to log back into the world. Manually upgrading to a more recent version (which is not available on Curse- look on Nekosune's jenkins) fixes it.

The reason is the version of Thaumic Tinkerer Infinity uses is a very old version [v162]. The current version [v440] fixes the Osmotic Enchanter issue.

powerthrucontrol

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to set up a small private server Infinity 1.7.10 . Port forwarding is fine, have the server running from 2048-4096 mbs ram, perm size 256. The logs look peachy. Everything looks good but I can't connect at all. I've set up a few dozen servers before, but maybe I'm just missing something obvious? Anyone else made a server can offer some advice?