FTB Infinity Release

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Ubuntu 14.10, so yes. Really wish I knew what was happening.

Did you try restarting it again? I tested pack multiple times and I got that crash only when running pack first time or when using force update.

I'm n ot 100% sure but carpenter's blocks cause those crashes. It re-creates minecraft/mods/carpentersblocks/CarpentersBlocksCachedResources.zip at boot(might do it more then once. Using only Forge+carpenters' blocks do it twice). At some point MC tries to continue opening .zip which has been edited and then native code will crash.

I'll post all my info later in bug reporting section.

Montybone1234

Jul 29, 2019
Someone should get a server for this set up like... ASAP. Anyone making one for their friends or something and would let me join? hehe...

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
2 Questions:
1) Did anyone try adding Gregtech to this? If so, did you have any problem?

2) Did anyone try replacing /or adding BluePower (to replace ProjectRed.)?

Edit: I know, that's 3 questions... But i can only count up to 2.. (ohh, anyone see a paradox here ;D?)
Edit #2: Ok, so i've installed Gregtech. First attempt was wierd (ended up with over a dozen of AE2 meteorite. Probably justa coincidence. Second attempt was with BOP enabled. Game crashed. Third try was without BOP, worked fine. 4th time again with BOP, worked fine.

Last edited:

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
There's an issue with the Thermal Expansion Satchel, items stored in it will (may?) disapear. Updating to "ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0RC1-35" and "CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.0B9-134" seems to fix this issue.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
any time i try to launch the modpack i get this "[Client thread/INFO] [CoFH ASM]: Stripping methods and fields from thermalexpansion.block.TileRSControl" and it just seems to stop doing anything their

help?
Same here
The version of Botania in the current Infinity release doesn't work on AMD graphics cards and causes the game to just hang on the Mojang loading screen, this is likely the problem you are encountering. The solution would be to manually update Botania to build 157+ or to disable it if you prefer.

Reactions: lbjodom and jikuja

DerpHerpington

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue even starting to download the pack. I am running Windows 7, and every time I try to download the pack it gives me the error in the console "From Console: [Fatal Error] :8:6332: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x{2}) was found in the value of attribute "{1}" and element is "0".
Exception reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 6332; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x{2}) was found in the value of attribute "{1}" and element is "0".
I posted this here because it's not /that/ long.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm having an issue even starting to download the pack. I am running Windows 7, and every time I try to download the pack it gives me the error in the console "From Console: [Fatal Error] :8:6332: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x{2}) was found in the value of attribute "{1}" and element is "0".
Exception reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 6332; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x{2}) was found in the value of attribute "{1}" and element is "0".
I posted this here because it's not /that/ long.

What version of Java do you have? I would say that 1.7 is the oldest you should use, although you would have to add command line switches to configure the ram to be:

Minimum Ram = 2GB
Maximum Ram = 4GB
permgen = 256MB

... assuming you have the amount needed for Win to run plus the settings above.

Another option is to upgrade to Java 1.8. It's rapidly becoming the default for Vanilla MC (their new self-contained loader loads it) and uses the abovew memory configuration by default. I'm using 1.8.0_25 with great results.

DerpHerpington

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Java do you have? I would say that 1.7 is the oldest you should use, although you would have to add command line switches to configure the ram to be:

Minimum Ram = 2GB
Maximum Ram = 4GB
permgen = 256MB

... assuming you have the amount needed for Win to run plus the settings above.

Another option is to upgrade to Java 1.8. It's rapidly becoming the default for Vanilla MC (their new self-contained loader loads it) and uses the abovew memory configuration by default. I'm using 1.8.0_25 with great results.
I've already got the newest update. Fixed it, anyway. Had to delete my entire FTB folder and reinstall with the newest version of the FTB launcher. Downloading as I type this. I guess something was conflicting?

Mixter213

Jul 29, 2019
The version of Botania in the current Infinity release doesn't work on AMD graphics cards and causes the game to just hang on the Mojang loading screen, this is likely the problem you are encountering. The solution would be to manually update Botania to build 157+ or to disable it if you prefer.

Thank you for someone actually helping : )

Ronnon78

Jul 29, 2019
MacOS 10.10.2 Client not working, see screenshot below. (link: http://note.io/1CIMl5J)
skitch.png

Gateboy01

Jul 29, 2019
No matter what I do according to everyone's answers my game still crashes at the Mojang screen. Much help thanks

Sharhp

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know where i can go to pay for a private server of feed the beast infinity?