FTB Infinity Release

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
There is a section of the forum dedicated to bug reports for official modpacks. Here is the section for Infinity.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/infinity-1-7-10.190/
Two of those three are not modpack bug reports. And I think it's worthwhile asking about possible bugs in this thread, which gets a lot of eyeballs, before potentially wasting the pack devs' time raising an incorrect bug report. The guy with the energy cell might just be doing something wrong for example.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is anyone having a problem powering either the planter or harvestor from Minefactory Reloaded? (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0RC6-5.jar) I have tried on my server and in single player but I am unable to power it either a Hybrid Solar Panel or Redstone Energy Cell, both of which I saw used in different youtube vids.

Are you sure you've got orange dots on the appropriate face of the redstone cell, not yellow or blue dots?

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Two of those three are not modpack bug reports. And I think it's worthwhile asking about possible bugs in this thread, which gets a lot of eyeballs, before potentially wasting the pack devs' time raising an incorrect bug report. The guy with the energy cell might just be doing something wrong for example.
Fair point but I'm still not sure this post is the correct place to ask for help. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way I'll try and answer.

Last edited:

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having a problem powering either the planter or harvestor from Minefactory Reloaded? (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0RC6-5.jar) I have tried on my server and in single player but I am unable to power it either a Hybrid Solar Panel or Redstone Energy Cell, both of which I saw used in different youtube vids. I am using the latest (version 1.10) from the launcher.

Update: I have a stirling generator from Ender IO and decided to sit my planter down next to it and it fired right up. Still unsure why Redstone energy cell doesn't work.

Next update: Looks like the only cable I have been able to find that works so far is the Rednet energy cable 1516:2. Connecting it with the stirling generator AND the hybrid solar panel has worked. I haven't tried the redstone energy cell.
MFR uses Redstone Flux as power. This means that the Hybrid Solar Panel (IC2 Power) will not power it directly without converting like you are with Rednet Energy Cable. (The only way to convert IC2 to RF in Infinity)
I'm not sure why the energy cell didn't work, it should have, unless like was stated above you have the output not set. As for cables to carry it from energy cell or stirling generator, you have multiple choices for RF power. EnderIO energy conduits, Extra Utilities Energy Transfer pipes, and in 1.20 Thermal Dynamics Flux Pipes. I may even be missing a few options but these are the three most popular.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Third times a charm! Can anyone offer any advice?

Pretty please.
The exact message is "Modpack Disabled"? If not can you post exactly what you see in your console. I don't know of anything in Infinity that would cause HQM to be disabled.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having an issue with this mod pack that I haven't seen anywhere else, its not a bug but its annoying...
I've set up a Server on my computer to play offline and Lan with my brother but my computer must be connected to the internet to connect to the offline server, it comes up with something like "failed to connect: failed to check authentication servers". We both have full Minecraft Mojang account, I also have ME^4 and DW20 servers offline and no problems. this is the only server this happens on, its a nuisance to have to turn my internet on just to play an offline server.
Mods if this is against the rules please delete the following post.

I'm not sure about this turning your internet on and off. Sounds a lot like old dial-up. Modern PCs and such really like to be connected 24/7. Also there is no need to be offline to play on your LAN, it will work just fine while you are connected to the Internet. Either way I'll try and help. Likely you have online-mode=true set in your server.properties file. Set this to false to allow unauthenticated clients to connect.

MonkyD

Jul 29, 2019
The exact message is "Modpack Disabled"? If not can you post exactly what you see in your console. I don't know of anything in Infinity that would cause HQM to be disabled.

Sorry your right! I should learn to pay more attention to details when posting on forums. 'Mudpack' reminds me of http://www.abandonedrealms.com/ which I haven't played in about 15 years!

I'll get the report and post it here. I know it's not strictly to do with the pack as it was released but I would really appreciate the community help getting it working.

Cheers.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

So many things wrong with that post.

Lets see first please note that the redistribution of FTB mod packs is a big nono.
And you should know using the mods in the packs does not release you of the requirement of getting mod permissions.
Also If you can not properly assemble a pack yourself in the current moding environment you probably should not host a server. As you will not be able to handle normal server maintenance and pack updates.
But as you did ask, even though this is the wrong section of the forums, make sure you are not adding redundant mods. As some in one pack will most likely be in another. And that all the mods are for the same version of MC.

And finally giant sigs are also not permitted in these forums. And should not be used in any forum. But is specifically against these forums rules.
"According to forum rules the basic guideline is "Signatures should be less then 615 wide x 150 Tall. "
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/signature-policy-update.52583/

Reactions: Eruantien

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So many things wrong with that post.

Lets see first please note that the redistribution of FTB mod packs is a big nono.
And you should know using the mods in the packs does not release you of the requirement of getting mod permissions.
Also If you can not properly assemble a pack yourself in the current moding environment you probably should not host a server. As you will not be able to handle normal server maintenance and pack updates.
But as you did ask, even though this is the wrong section of the forums, make sure you are not adding redundant mods. As some in one pack will most likely be in another. And that all the mods are for the same version of MC.

And finally giant sigs are also not permitted in these forums. And should not be used in any forum. But is specifically against these forums rules.
"According to forum rules the basic guideline is "Signatures should be less then 615 wide x 150 Tall. "
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/signature-policy-update.52583/
I also put something over 'der, now I'll put it over 'her.
so I'm not real then just go www.youtube.com/user/Cybermegatroll that is my youtube channel so yeah and the face on the message changed into a face
Ah, well excuse me my good sire. My sincerest apologies for suspecting that you might have been, as was misleading from your username, a veritable "troll".

I'm afraid I can't quite comprehend exactly what you're trying to tell us. Is it perhaps that you are trying to meld two different modpacks, from exceedingly different Minecraft versions, into one modpack? If that is indeed the case, perhaps you would be better off not having told us of your endeavours at all, as such a request will hardly be acted upon without proper verification of such an issue, as you say, "it is saying that I need to talk to someone from FTB". For instance, a log of your errors would be most expedient in rectifying this error, on the one hand. On the other hand, may I enquire as to the exact nature of your attempt to combine two radically different modpacks?

Additionally, the error ";;;:::;:::::;;:::::::pWWWP::::;;;;:::" is unrecognizable to most of us present here this evening. You have also provided it with little to no context, which we desperately require if we are to actually help you in this matter.

After reading your original plea for help, it would seem that you are indeed in dire need of assistance. Alas, we cannot aid you if we do not know the specifics of your particular situation. I've perused your post multiple times, but still I fail to grasp what you are asking us to do. We eagerly await your informative response.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Twilight Glacial biome supposed to appear in the Overworld? (Fresh install of version 1.2.1)
Definitely nope. Have NEI do a Biome ID dump to see which ones conflict, and modify the IDs in the config for Twilight Forest.

In the meantime, enjoy the penguins.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: EchoingZen

HogensHero

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I am using multicraft and I am trying to set up this server. The hardware is running on xeon cpu's with 4GB ram and Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bit. I have set up multicraft to start the server and it starts fine with my configuration. I also started the server via command line using the ServerStart.sh command. The issue I keep having is that any time a player joins it throws an error. That error is listed below.

HogensHero lost connection: TextComponent{text='Mod rejections [FMLMod:iChunUtil{4.0.0}, FMLMod:chisel{2.3.5.005a8c5}, FMLMod:rftools{2.40}, FMLMod:EnderIO{1.7.10-2.2.8.344}]', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}

Any help with this would be appreciated.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I am using multicraft and I am trying to set up this server. The hardware is running on xeon cpu's with 4GB ram and Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bit. I have set up multicraft to start the server and it starts fine with my configuration. I also started the server via command line using the ServerStart.sh command. The issue I keep having is that any time a player joins it throws an error. That error is listed below.

HogensHero lost connection: TextComponent{text='Mod rejections [FMLMod:iChunUtil{4.0.0}, FMLMod:chisel{2.3.5.005a8c5}, FMLMod:rftools{2.40}, FMLMod:EnderIO{1.7.10-2.2.8.344}]', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Are you 100% positive that the version of Infinity you have on your server is the same as your clients? Just a thought.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
can any one tell me when 1.2.1 is going to be reccomended

I have a feeling 1.2.1 won't be a recommended version, and rather a later version will be recommended
usually a version becomes recommended about a week after release, and 1.2.1 has been released longer if I'm right

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I have a feeling 1.2.1 won't be a recommended version, and rather a later version will be recommended
usually a version becomes recommended about a week after release, and 1.2.1 has been released longer if I'm right

True, but also remember that everyone just returned from PAXEast and are in recovery mode if not rehab :D