FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
still spawns me in the troll world. so its still the same pack
They are 2 completely separate packs. FTB Infinity Skyblock is the April Fools pack (and no longer available) and FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock is the actual pack. If you are having problems I suggest you uninstall your existing pack and reinstall. Remember that if the pack name doesn't include 'Evolved' in the name then it isn't the right pack.

Edit: I'd also note that if you do visit the Twitch streams of our core team, it's probably wise to listen to them when they tell you where you are going wrong ;)

Reactions: Watchful11

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone know how to get a division sigil?
Typically by killing a wither.

There's also 1 or 2 methods in this pack that generate chest loot. The loonium (Botania) can do it, I forget the other. Blood magic trick I believe.

The sigil can be disabled from chest loots, which may or may not be the case in this pack, so your only option may be killing the wither.

What I don't know specifically in this pack is the best ways to generate wither skulls. A skeleton farm in the nether will do it. Bees will do it.

Razernok

Jul 29, 2019
They are 2 completely separate packs. FTB Infinity Skyblock is the April Fools pack (and no longer available) and FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock is the actual pack. If you are having problems I suggest you uninstall your existing pack and reinstall. Remember that if the pack name doesn't include 'Evolved' in the name then it isn't the right pack.

Edit: I'd also note that if you do visit the Twitch streams of our core team, it's probably wise to listen to them when they tell you where you are going wrong ;)

My main screen says before I select single player or multiplayer it says FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
One block of water is all that is needed but if you add more blocks you will get more chances for them to spawn.

My usual squid trap is three source blocks of water, falling down two or three blocks and then flowing out eight blocks to a vacuum hopper. It just would not work in IE ... I waited a long time before trying larger, deeper pools. Only when I hit 7x7x3 did I get any spawning at all.

Might be just hideous RNG of course :(

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
thanks guys, I setup a larger and deeper (3 deep) pool further out from my base and within about 15 minutes got a bunch to spawn.
Spawn conditions:
Each individual spawn attempt succeeds only if all of the following conditions are met:
  • There must be no players and no player spawn points within a 24 block distance (spherical) of the spawning block
  • If it's a squid or a guardian, then...
    • the spawning block must contain liquid (water or lava)
    • If it's a squid, then...
      • the spawning block must be between level 46 and 62, inclusive
      • the spawning mob must not be obstructed by other mobs
    Link: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Spawn#World_spawn

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
still spawns me in the troll world. so its still the same pack
Well if you check your FTB files you will see there are 2 different Infinity Skyblock folders. It if was the same pack there would be only one.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
Bizarre, as I said, I had multiple squids spawn inside my waterwheels, and the 3 source blocks were above y64 and the flowing water only 1 block deep.

Razernok

Jul 29, 2019
What I see after the pack fully loads.
GgQ1szl.png

Last edited:

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The April fools pack was shipped with the right custom menu. Please follow the instructions I gave you previously, uninstall the pack and reinstall the correct pack whose recommended version currently is 1.0.4 and has a beta version of 1.1.0.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019

What I see after the pack fully loads.

The April fools pack was shipped with the right custom menu. Please follow the instructions I gave you previously, uninstall the pack and reinstall the correct pack whose recommended version currently is 1.0.4 and has a beta version of 1.1.0.

To keep the confusion to the minimum. Delete all the Infinity Island instances before installing the correct one. Might be worth checking the delete backup box on each of the instances as well.

Reactions: Pyure

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed the Diesel Generator from Immersive Engineering is still outputting 1024 RF/T like it was on Infinity.

While I understand and agreed with the reasons on Infinity Evolved, isnt it a little too harsh on Skyblock? Its not like you can rush for it and an Excavator and get all the resources with a low cost. No one will bother with an Excavator and to build a Generator and keep it running now requires a lot of resources and infrastructure, specially if you want to go with oil.

Maybe returning it to the 4K RF/t?

Also, about chunk loading, yes I know FTBUtils chunk loads and for free but.... I want to make multiple islands, somewhat far away from each others, connected by bridges where you use pipes/wires/trains to move resources/energy? What if I just dont want to use any sort of item/energy teleportation? Having to use FTBUtils to chunk load all this bridges seems a little excessive. Specially if we are using trains, that can load the chunks only when needed...

I understand disabling game mechanics to enhance the game and the complexity in it can give the player a richer environment, but I think disabling features(blocks) that restrict creativity and design options coz of an existent somewhat equivalent alternative does not give nothing to the game, only removes it. This change actually forces a player to build massive messy bases on one platform instead of letting is creativity go wild and build crazy stuff everywhere!
Not all players know how to change the number of chunkloaded chunks in the configs and even if they know, maybe its not in his best interest to have 200 chunks constantly loaded when 3/4 of the chunks could be loaded only when required...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I just noticed the Diesel Generator from Immersive Engineering is still outputting 1024 RF/T like it was on Infinity.

While I understand and agreed with the reasons on Infinity Evolved, isnt it a little too harsh on Skyblock? Its not like you can rush for it and an Excavator and get all the resources with a low cost. No one will bother with an Excavator and to build a Generator and keep it running now requires a lot of resources and infrastructure, specially if you want to go with oil.

Maybe returning it to the 4K RF/t?

Also, about chunk loading, yes I know FTBUtils chunk loads and for free but.... I want to make multiple islands, somewhat far away from each others, connected by bridges where you use pipes/wires/trains to move resources/energy? What if I just dont want to use any sort of item/energy teleportation? Having to use FTBUtils to chunk load all this bridges seems a little excessive. Specially if we are using trains, that can load the chunks only when needed...

I understand disabling game mechanics to enhance the game and the complexity in it can give the player a richer environment, but I think disabling features(blocks) that restrict creativity and design options coz of an existent somewhat equivalent alternative does not give nothing to the game, only removes it. This change actually forces a player to build massive messy bases on one platform instead of letting is creativity go wild and build crazy stuff everywhere!
Not all players know how to change the number of chunkloaded chunks in the configs and even if they know, maybe its not in his best interest to have 200 chunks constantly loaded when 3/4 of the chunks could be loaded only when required...
In reference to the Diesel Generator I believe that was a nerf from the mod dev not FTB if that helps.