FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

EPIIC_THUNDERCAT

Jul 29, 2019
okay so we are going to do /ee3 set-energy-value pre (item) (value provided?) and after we add it to all things you provided restart server?

noah132456789

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having trouble with Clockwork Phase. I have a pickaxe with time sand in it, but nothing happens when I right click an ore block. What am I doing wrong?

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I've been having trouble with Clockwork Phase. I have a pickaxe with time sand in it, but nothing happens when I right click an ore block. What am I doing wrong?
It has to be a temporal clockwork pickaxe, so that could be the problem. You can change the tool by holding it and hitting the "temporal ability" keybind (assuming it has enough time sand in it).

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Check out progressive automation

EDIT: It has a block that is similar to MFR's rancher. There's also a tree farm, a plant farm, and very nice miner. The miner is especially nice in it's simplicity. I'm not sure about automating the replacing of tools but I'm sure you can figure something out :p

Last edited:

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a chart for ore distribution? Especially with the um realistic alpha, the ores seem to be very very sparse aside from coal and copper.

I realize that for the most part coal can be redeemed for EMC the copper doesn't (at least with mine) and most of the ore types that I need from other mods can't be learned/ have no EMC value...

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a chart for ore distribution? Especially with the um realistic alpha, the ores seem to be very very sparse aside from coal and copper.

I realize that for the most part coal can be redeemed for EMC the copper doesn't (at least with mine) and most of the ore types that I need from other mods can't be learned/ have no EMC value...

Honestly, my experience has been the opposite on a Realistic Alpha World, with the caveat that i was digging mostly under a mountain in snow biomes (desert and forest) at y 11. I had a pathetic branch mine going (maybe 5 or 6 60m branches) and had tons of diamonds (around 42), lapis, and everything else, including seven emeralds.

Also, NEI will give the ore levels for any given ore, including the best level to mine at by its reckoning.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Those are barely used by the looks of it.

You can't just sticky a thread because it's your modpack... Especially at the top of the most visited sub-forum on the site. None of the other packs discussion threads get a sticky, this shouldn't either.
That better? Sorry for the misunderstanding there :p. I thought you were talking about things like Watchful's Departed discussion, and that's not stickied because it's literally the only thing in that section. But yes, you do have a valid point, so I've gone ahead and stickied the other ones here.

Reactions: ScottulusMaximus

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Those are barely used by the looks of it.

You can't just sticky a thread because it's your modpack... Especially at the top of the most visited sub-forum on the site. None of the other packs discussion threads get a sticky, this shouldn't either.

Well, my opinion is that its not his modpack; its an official FTB pack. As a mod, be can post the thread wherever he feels like it will get the most views/comments. This is especially important for Daybreaker, as it includes a bunch of mods that may not be used to working together nicely.

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Daybreaker and loving it. Great work! I couldn't get my server to load it so playing single player until I have time to research the server issue. Maybe that will be today... haha

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoying the pack. I'm glad to be trying new mods out. Sometimes it is too easy to fall back on known mods to speed things up. Love the realistic world gen too.

noah132456789

Jul 29, 2019
It has to be a temporal clockwork pickaxe, so that could be the problem. You can change the tool by holding it and hitting the "temporal ability" keybind (assuming it has enough time sand in it).
I did that, still nothing. It can break blocks really quickly as a temporal clockwork pickaxe like its supposed to, just can't right click ores. I tried coal, iron, and redstone ore. Does it need a minimum amount of time sand in it or something?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Is there a mod in this pack that makes people stay 'logged on' on servers after they've left the game?

I've gone on a server, and after leaving it for half an hour and logging back in, I was already dead. is that a bug, a feature, or a server being damn unresponsive to log-offs?

Edit: I have discovered oil geysers, they cause monsterous amounts of lag. maybe they should be toned down a bit (a LOT)?

Last edited: