FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Try the division sigil from Extra Utilities. NEI should tell you how exactly it works. I don't know any other options in this pack.
Figured it out. Put the enchanted item on the top, division sigil in the middle and a book on the bottom and it will strip away one level from each enchantment. Keep doing that until it loses all enchantments.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Otherwise, if you have OP right, just open your inventory, press X, put the item in the enchanting slot, scroll to find the desired enchant, click on it and it will remove it.
I think that's cheating... XD
It's something added by NEI, and you can also add enchants up to level 10. There's no cost. :p

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see Move Plus be considered for the Daybreaker pack at some point. Dashes, dodges and double jumps. It makes it possible to move through the world a lot more freely.

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed a few bugs so far
1) Many of the EE3 alchemical fuels (e.g. Alchemical Coal, Aeternis Fuel, etc) have no EE value so cannot be transmuted to/from.
2) OreDic problem with Electrum ingots. I've tried creating a Redstonic 'electrum drill body' but was unable to do so with the Electrum that i've got from processing silver and iron with my Mekanism machines. The resulting electrum was from Immersive Engineering and was not a valid ingredient in the recipe. As a result, I had to cheat in Thermal Foundation electrum which worked for the drill body.
3) I had an unusual bug when placing an alchemical chest in a certain part of my base. It would cause world simulation to slow to a crawl to the point where I had to reload the world more than once just for the chest breaking tick to process and the world simulation to return to normal. I tried to repro the bug in another world using a similar layout as the part of my base but was not successful in reproducing it. I would probably need to build a more complete array of base objects (like maybe my EC3 setup) to repro the bug but it's more effort than I want to put in.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Micah Mindemann

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been trying to figure out how to supply the Progressive Miner with tools (pickaxe and shovel) automatically, but every method i try it just fills the 3x3 grid with them and they are removed to the chest that i have capturing mined goods. Does anyone have a solution to this?

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been trying to figure out how to supply the Progressive Miner with tools (pickaxe and shovel) automatically, but every method i try it just fills the 3x3 grid with them and they are removed to the chest that i have capturing mined goods. Does anyone have a solution to this?
When you're viewing the Miner's inventory, try holding down CTRL (or was it SHIFT?). For most things that have an inventory, it will show you the slot # as well as what directions the each slot will accept input from.

You can also try using a Router. The Router can be attached to any side of an object and place things in any specific slot. You can then use pipes (like logistical transporters) send your things to the router and the router will place the item in the slot that you specify.

If the Miner is exporting things you don't want it to, then you can try using Mekanism's Logistical Sorter, adding the pickaxe/shovel to any arbitrary color, and then turning auto-export on (and setting it to a color of a pipe system you have hooked up to the sorter). This should serve the purpose of exporting everything except the pick/shovel. Though I don't know if the exporter will pull from machines (I do know it pulls from chests).

Last edited:

Micah Mindemann

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i will try a router.. the slot # is 2 on the pickaxe slot.. i havent used routers before, but i tried a logistical sorter pumping pickaxes into the miner.. no luck..

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i will try a router.. the slot # is 2 on the pickaxe slot.. i havent used routers before, but i tried a logistical sorter pumping pickaxes into the miner.. no luck..
Yeah. Logistical sorters can't really pick which part of an inventory to put anything into. Some inventories (like furnaces) work where piping stuff into a different face of the machine (ie: top or bottom) will work differently than piping stuff in/out from the sides. Routers get around that problem entirely by allowing you to pipe in/out of any side or slot you choose. They can also scan an array of interconnected inventories (like furnaces that are all right next to each other) which means you don't need to hook pipes up to every machine.

MarchiDani

Jul 29, 2019
Does someone know why am i getting some insane fps drops while in a server? I've maxed all settings except for the chunck render distance and i drop from 60 to 30 fps while going around my house in random rooms. I've tried to lower my settings but i'm still getting these fps drops even though my pc is very powerful; i've also dedicated 3.5 gb of ram to the pack.

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
That's a very vague problem to even attempt to troubleshoot.

My guess would be someone else has something that is causing a lot of rendering or particle effects and they're obscured by walls? (like maybe a mekanism or other automation setup). Does the slow downs only happen when you face in specific directions? Do they happen when you're very far away from your home? Is anyone on the server using chunk loaders?

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to transport power and fluids to a remote location? Mostly i'm looking to create a mekanism solar evaporator outside my main premises, first to make lithium (dust) for the induction battery structure, and then perhaps later on to make/transport D-T Fuel for a reactor.

Rexey

Jul 29, 2019
i find the bug whit galactic craft when you put coal in the crafing table it shuld give fragmented carbon but it gives something from zstones insted :/ anyway to fix that

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Compact EE Factory.
http://imgur.com/RDXw8em

It converts sand (EE 1) into clay (EE 64)

1) Under the sand condenser, the pipe (green channel) directs to the jaw crusher sides (jaw crusher side pipes also using the green channel)
2) Underneath the jaw crushers, A bunch of hoppers keep pushing the output (clay and spent batteries) to a single chest.
3) A logistical sorter pulls clay out of the chest and sends them to the d.aqua channel (nether star condenser), any spent batteries are sent to the d.blue channel (charging station). The charging station has a piece of glass in its 'battery drain' slot to prevent the system from depositing batteries there.
4) The charging station fills batteries and always has a spare battery charging while the crushers are depleting theirs. The red pipe attached to it will send full batteries into jaw crushers which have a free battery slot.

The system produces a significant amount of EE, about 1 iron ingot's worth every 2 seconds (1800 per hour).

Last edited:

Rexey

Jul 29, 2019
Maintaining a server include fixing bugs.

Thanks holo xD :3

so stupid question is it a server side only mod or i need both on client and server for the recipe conflict mod?? im rly new when it comes to having a mc server xD

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Compact EE Factory.
http://imgur.com/RDXw8em

It converts sand (EE 1) into clay (EE 64)

1) Under the sand condenser, the pipe (green channel) directs to the jaw crusher sides (jaw crusher side pipes also using the green channel)
2) Underneath the jaw crushers, A bunch of hoppers keep pushing the output (clay and spent batteries) to a single chest.
3) A logistical sorter pulls clay out of the chest and sends them to the d.aqua channel (nether star condenser), any spent batteries are sent to the d.blue channel (charging station). The charging station has a piece of glass in its 'battery drain' slot to prevent the system from depositing batteries there.
4) The charging station fills batteries and always has a spare battery charging while the crushers are depleting theirs. The red pipe attached to it will send full batteries into jaw crushers which have a free battery slot.

The system produces a significant amount of EE, about 1 iron ingot's worth every 2 seconds (1800 per hour).

I'm producing diamonds at that rate using a tier 3 condenser fed by 4 maxed out cobble gens.

vectoresque

Jul 29, 2019
i'm having issues with ee3 emc values. i inserted the .json linked in the OP to the config folder (replacing the original) and it still only seems to have values in game for vanilla items. i don't mind adding them myself in game, but i was wondering if i might have somehow done it wrong and could fix it easily without the hassle of manual addition.