FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Nonsanity

Jul 29, 2019
Does someone know why am i getting some insane fps drops while in a server? I've maxed all settings except for the chunck render distance and i drop from 60 to 30 fps while going around my house in random rooms. I've tried to lower my settings but i'm still getting these fps drops even though my pc is very powerful; i've also dedicated 3.5 gb of ram to the pack.

FPS fluctuations are entirely due to the client computer's hardware and software, not the server, so Opis won't help there. Opis is good for finding server lag which manifests as block lag or slow GUIs—though those can also be caused by network congestion at either end.

Slow FPS will usually be due to the graphics card being asked to draw more than it can handle or the CPU working too hard between those render draws and falling behind. In the past, I have downloaded a server world folder and run it locally in creative to find the source of the problem. I started deleting things one-by-one from the affected area, constantly pausing to measure the frame rate at different locations and directions. In that case, there was no one thing causing the drop, it was just... too much stuff. When most of the stuff was gone, so was most of the slowdown.

Check the specs on your graphics card and find a site that rates it against other common cards. If it rates poorly, that could be the bottleneck in your system. Whether it is or not, the slowdown is probably due to all the stuff in your base. Minecraft is not super optimized and only single-threaded (so multi-core CPUs don't help much) so I find that getting 30 FPS in a heavily built-up base on a modded server is actually pretty good...

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Netherplasma (gascraft.plasma) should be prevented from randomly generating via dimlet_preventworldgen. I had an RFTools world generate with lakes of these. Unlike most fluids they try to flow upwards, which is bad with thousands of these blocks all trying to constantly update. It's impossible to use a charged porter to escape under this situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Netherplasma (gascraft.plasma) should be prevented from randomly generating via dimlet_preventworldgen. I had an RFTools world generate with lakes of these. Unlike most fluids they try to flow upwards, which is bad with thousands of these blocks all trying to constantly update. It's impossible to use a charged porter to escape under this situation.
@McJty

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

vectoresque

Jul 29, 2019
So i want to ask if anyone else has tried using a diamond miner using an obsidian pickaxe enchanted with silk touch and gotten tile.gcBlockCore.name.null? it seems to be silicon ore only broken.
2015-08-30_19.37.26.png
2015-08-30_19.47.28.png

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. But using cobblegens just so obvious and boring (for me at least)

Well, barring the high expense of getting the tier 3 condenser and fully upgraded cobble gens, it is a bit easy. Upgrading 4 cobble gens is a bit tedious but pays off. I went back and verified the time it takes to make a diamond and I overestimated, it takes about 5-7 seconds (that's around 8 per minute, so in 10 minutes I end up with around 80 diamonds). In perspective, I'm getting between 3-4 iron per second. Still pretty fast. I have it set to gen diamonds and just exchange those for whatever I need.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Well, barring the high expense of getting the tier 3 condenser and fully upgraded cobble gens, it is a bit easy. Upgrading 4 cobble gens is a bit tedious but pays off. I went back and verified the time it takes to make a diamond and I overestimated, it takes about 5-7 seconds (that's around 8 per minute, so in 10 minutes I end up with around 80 diamonds). In perspective, I'm getting between 3-4 iron per second. Still pretty fast. I have it set to gen diamonds and just exchange those for whatever I need.
I just use a top tier blaze spawner and blaze rods :/

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Can you hold that dimlet in your hand and type /rftcfg dimletcfg
Then make a screenshot and send that to me. That way I can add a blacklist option for it

Rexey

Jul 29, 2019
Can you hold that dimlet in your hand and type /rftcfg dimletcfg
Then make a screenshot and send that to me. That way I can add a blacklist option for it
that world shuld have a roof like the nether where the liquid spawns on top xddd

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
hey, do you guys have a list of mods rejected because of compatibility and stuff? (conflits etc) I want to know cause... reasons....

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if I could ask if my mod could be considered to be added to the pack. It is called NuclearCraft, and has a CurseForge page, MCF page, Wiki in progress and a YouTube channel for help with the mod.

The mod adds highly customisable Nuclear Fission and Fusion to the mod, with many different fusion materials, isotopes of fission materials leading to different fuel types with different attributes. The power and heat generated and the rate of fuel consumption is based on the choice of fuel or combo of fuels.
The mod also adds a bunch of machines and another generator to create, process and use the mod's resources, all of which are simple to automate, and also adds more miscellaneous things like tools, armour, food and mobs.

As of the latest version (0.0.1.5), there are no known bugs, and all of the bugs from previous versions have been fixed.

Reactions: Renato Lopes

eadmund

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if I could ask if my mod could be considered to be added to the pack. It is called NuclearCraft, and has a CurseForge page, MCF page, Wiki in progress and a YouTube channel for help with the mod.

The mod adds highly customisable Nuclear Fission and Fusion to the mod, with many different fusion materials, isotopes of fission materials leading to different fuel types with different attributes. The power and heat generated and the rate of fuel consumption is based on the choice of fuel or combo of fuels.
The mod also adds a bunch of machines and another generator to create, process and use the mod's resources, all of which are simple to automate, and also adds more miscellaneous things like tools, armour, food and mobs.

As of the latest version (0.0.1.5), there are no known bugs, and all of the bugs from previous versions have been fixed.

That's a really neat looking mod, and definitely fits the Horizons theme, I think.

Gregory Wollf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with Router Reborn routers and storage containers. I have set up a wall of storage containers each one with a different type of block and each one locked so that no matter what it will only ever accept that type of block. I connected this wall of storage containers to a router and tried to put a stack of dirt in to see if it would transfer over to the dirt storage container... it put dirt into ALL of the containers instead and the blocks that used to be in them have seemingly vanished. Is this normal?

EDIT: Solution found. This was a legitimate bug that was fixed in version 1.10 of Horizon Daybreaker. I just needed to use that version instead of the recommended build.

Last edited:

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I encountered a lot of router reborn bugs in 1.0.2, as well as a lot of EnhancedInventory crashes. 1.1.0 seems a lot more stable in general than 1.0.2, but a word of warning is that EnhancedInventories is removed in 1.1.0 which might be why it isn't pushed as recommended? Otherwise I see no reason why 1.1.0 shouldn't be the new recommended version.

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend that this
Code:
  I:"Chance of double drops from Rock Smasher (1 in X)"=4

be changed to
Code:
  I:"Chance of double drops from Rock Smasher (1 in X)"=1
In FlaxbeardsSteamPower.cfg

Maybe that will make the technology worth going for. Right now it seems that all Flaxbeards is good for is the looks, and maybe the exo-suit.

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I dun goofed and caused a persistent client crash by placing a cardboard box onto a decocraft multiblock decoration. It can be fixed by deleting the cardboard box-containing block using MCEdit.

I'm still trying to figure out the syntax of /cfg/mekanism/boxblacklist.txt because I want to completely blacklist decocraft stuff from Mekanism's cardboard box but it's not exactly clear in the example given in the file.

Last edited:

AlexL29

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please update Blood Magic in the pack? Theres a server crash that is KILLING me.
Thanks in advance

BiGGBoBBy

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a large nether portal but cant get it to work. My normal sized portals work just fin but the large one will not open. This is on a survival server too.

Last edited: