FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
You forgot to mention sticking a skeleton spawner in a cardboard box, taking it to the nether, and setting up a wither skeleton spawner (which is what I did to fill my soul shard.) Much quicker than relying on random wither skeletons spawning.

I saw the box used in a video recently but didn't know what it was till now. I usually use a dolly to do this. Need to look in to this cardboard box thingy. Thanks.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
So. Turns out. Compressed cobblestone has no exchange value. :/
ur pretty slow... i already wrecked ee -.-
got compressed cobblestone working and since then made various power systems, gathering resource systems and trash systems.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Well aren't you special.
read about 40 pages back. there is some explanation from me about how to get compressed cobble to have EMC, a few 10 pages back I posted something about the power systems.

I just said it since u said u want to wreck EE, but couldnt.
dont go hatin me for that -.-

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
read about 40 pages back. there is some explanation from me about how to get compressed cobble to have EMC, a few 10 pages back I posted something about the power systems.

I just said it since u said u want to wreck EE, but couldnt.
dont go hatin me for that -.-

Ok, I read back. Looks like your solution involves going in to config files and entering values. I'm sure this is simple for you, but it is well outside my skillset so I will have to be content with my slightly less impressive solution until if and when the mod gets updated. Even if it doesn't, I'm enjoying EE immensely.

I also saw your power gen solution and I'm planning to check that out.

My reply last night reflected my overall attitude after logging off the first session of Departed on a private server. As someone who likes machines and doesn't enjoy Thaumcraft I have one word for this pack. Ugh. At least it has TiCo. :/

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
My reply last night reflected my overall attitude after logging off the first session of Departed on a private server. As someone who likes machines and doesn't enjoy Thaumcraft I have one word for this pack. Ugh. At least it has TiCo. :/
But thaumcraft has such awesome animations and textures!

Besides there is Engineers Toolbox if you want machine automation.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I read back. Looks like your solution involves going in to config files and entering values. I'm sure this is simple for you, but it is well outside my skillset so I will have to be content with my slightly less impressive solution until if and when the mod gets updated. Even if it doesn't, I'm enjoying EE immensely.

But... But entering configs is easy.

1. Enter modpack directory (surely, you can manage this)
2. Open Config folder. Find the EE3 config and open it with your text editor of choice (I use wordpad, but you can literally use anything, although I don't suggest regular old notepad because it removes formatting or some such nonsense)
3. Find the entry you want to change
4. Change it!
See? Easy! It only takes minimal computer-use skills. :)
It's also really helpful. Anytime you don't like something, you can just change it. :D

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
But... But entering configs is easy.

1. Enter modpack directory (surely, you can manage this)
2. Open Config folder. Find the EE3 config and open it with your text editor of choice (I use wordpad, but you can literally use anything, although I don't suggest regular old notepad because it removes formatting or some such nonsense)
3. Find the entry you want to change
4. Change it!
See? Easy! It only takes minimal computer-use skills. :)
It's also really helpful. Anytime you don't like something, you can just change it. :D
that indeed. Or copy paste my file available for download in the post.
it still works for me

Reactions: Type1Ninja

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019

My config file is downloadable. You can try replace yours with it, it still works for me.
And I can understand the frustrations of mods like thaumcraft, even though I like the mod XD

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
My config file is downloadable. You can try replace yours with it, it still works for me.
And I can understand the frustrations of mods like thaumcraft, even though I like the mod XD

So I can simply replace the value file with yours?

I think you and ninja are over estimating my computer literacy, and underestimating my ability to break shit. Ironically, breaking shit IS one of my skillsets.

Reactions: Lethosos

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019

I think you and ninja are over estimating my computer literacy, and underestimating my ability to break shit. Ironically, breaking shit IS one of my skillsets.

Think of the Configs as something like a Questionaire.
Each setting is a question that the mod is asking and word(s) after the question are your answer.

So you are just "cheating" by using someone else's answers.

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019

It was really easy. Just go into the FTB Horizons Daybreaker\config folder, and replace energy-values.json
It certainly helped a lot. I do have to /ee3h regen a lot, but it makes emc cobble farms work.

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered adding EZ Storage to the pack? It seems AEish but without auto crafting. Allowing you to craft in the same GUI you use to interact with items stored (like a crafting terminal). I feel like this is something both rftools and aura cascade lack in their storage systems.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/233225-ezstorage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I've been looking unsuccessfully for something in the pack to strip enchantments from armor and tools etc and can't seem to find anything. Am I missing it, or does it not exists? Thanks.

tommyTT

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I've been looking unsuccessfully for something in the pack to strip enchantments from armor and tools etc and can't seem to find anything. Am I missing it, or does it not exists? Thanks.

Try the division sigil from Extra Utilities. NEI should tell you how exactly it works. I don't know any other options in this pack.