FTB Help - How to remove taint?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lidle

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a tainted biome and for now I surrounded it in wooden planks hopefully to stop it from spreading. How do I remove the tainted biome completely? I check the wiki but it wasn't much help for me, any suggestions?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If you are into thaumcraft, you need to make & plant ethereal blooms in the area. If you want nothing to do with thaumcraft, you can disable taint spread & biome generation in the thaumcraft config file.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Silverwood trees should also help stop the spread of taint.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a tainted biome and for now I surrounded it in wooden planks hopefully to stop it from spreading. How do I remove the tainted biome completely? I check the wiki but it wasn't much help for me, any suggestions?

find it hard to believe you surrounded an entire taint biome with planks. From my experience, they are as large as vanilla biomes. You arent meant to remove tainted biomes so its no wonder its not mentioned on the wiki. I can think of many ways to change the biome type but unless you consider it a fun challenge, theres no reason to bother. Its not going to take over the world, it spreads much too slowly and besides, it needs to be chunk loaded for that to happen.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If you have ChromatiCraft you can either score some free ethereal blooms or you can plant a rainbow sapling in strategic spots.
Other then that you will have to delve in to Thaumcraft to effectively remove taint. Which is probably the more interesting option. Unless you are totally inept at the reserch minigame. Or find warp insufferable.
Thaumcraft also must have the record for the most addon mods. A Thaumiturge has no shortage of things to do.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
It wont spread if its not chunkloaded. So if its more than 160m from where you are playing you are safe
It wont' spread very fast. So if its more than 50m from where you are playing you are safe.
It wont spread over water or any non solid block such as glass, farmland, fences - so you can hem it in (with some restrictions).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I usually just steer clear of Eerie biomes but have learned to see the signs of fledgling problem areas. The "burial mounds" are also sources of taint, as are the new obelisk structures.

Since I like to live in Natura Redwood trees sometimes I have to put down roots (sorry for the pun - not! :D) near an Eerie location. In those cases I search for my nearest Magical forest to get Silverwood saplings. Recently I've had fairly good luck just finding one or two on the ground but there are special tools (thaumic shears?) to collect the leaves and increase the chances of saplings.

I plant the sapling(s) on the border of the taint between it and my tree and watch the Magical forest slowly take over, wiping out the Eerie biome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja