FTB doesn't have enough sounds for my liking.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I like playing FTB, but I think that it doesn't have enough sound effects from various blocks for my liking. There are the vanilla Minecraft sounds from cows and villagers, but there are hardly any sound effects coming from machine blocks. I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to eventually hear a cacophony of various machine sounds coming from my workshop from all of my machine blocks working at once. But I don't want to stop there.

Is there some sort of way or can there be some sort of way to be able to add my own sound effects and music to any various block in Minecraft? Perhaps there be some way to add MP3 sound files or music tracks to my Minecraft experience similar to the resource packs of Minecraft 1.6? Thanks for answering.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Some machines do have sounds. Off he top of my head I know the Rolling machine and the Rock Crusher have sounds. Some I think have suttle sounds like i know the last time I used the centurfures they has a sound to them but that was a while back.

You might want to check configs as they migt be disabled[DOUBLEPOST=1375303203][/DOUBLEPOST]As a side. If you want your own music. Windows Media player there is a plug in for it that gives you gobal hit keys for the player contorls. I use that often. Lets you pause, play, stop, next, and back as well as a few other things all from key combos like SHIFT+PageUp

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Some machines do have sounds. Off he top of my head I know the Rolling machine and the Rock Crusher have sounds. Some I think have suttle sounds like i know the last time I used the centurfures they has a sound to them but that was a while back.

You might want to check configs as they migt be disabled

Thanks, though to tell the truth, I just started a new playthrough a couple days ago and I don't have those blocks yet. I do know what they sound like though after seeing them on some of Direwolf20's videos. I think the sounds coming from the various machine blocks sound too puny. I would like to be able to change the sounds of all machine blocks to be able to have some rather gutteral machine sounds in an easy way. Don't tell me to just change the config files though. I just don't have the patience or the skill to do that.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to be able to change the sounds of all machine blocks to be able to have some rather gutteral machine sounds in an easy way. Don't tell me to just change the config files though. I just don't have the patience or the skill to do that.

Yeah if you want to change the sounds themselves it going to be more complex becuase basicly you want to replace the sound files. If I recall I belive most are stored as OGG files but you would need to check the resources for the mod is question to be sure.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Note: ic2 usually has sounds, but they're majorly bugged.
It's been like that for awhile.

Yeah, I haven't had sound from IC2 since 1.3.2 myself, and in 1.2.5 the sounds were pretty odd in behavior (because hearing a geothermal pulsing from 500 blocks away gets annoying).

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I haven't had sound from IC2 since 1.3.2 myself, and in 1.2.5 the sounds were pretty odd in behavior (because hearing a geothermal pulsing from 500 blocks away gets annoying).
Geothermal generators have sounds?
The more you know

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
I have exactly what you're looking for. Install Mekanism. Get the crusher and the enricher and the purifier going. Good grief what a noisy bunch they are. All clangy and whizzy and whiny.

As mentioned above, if you want to install your own sounds, but you're shying away from modifying config files then... I think your only option is sounds from other mods.

Also, I just remembered that in the latest version of Unleashed (if I remember right), the Railcraft steam engines make some very satisfying whooshy-swooshy noises.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered installing MATmos? While not adding machine sounds, it does ease the silence. Though it's a bit buggy and kind of a performance hog.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered installing MATmos? While not adding machine sounds, it does ease the silence. Though it's a bit buggy and kind of a performance hog.
It was in my custom pack at a point, but i was getting crashes after 2 minutes of gameplay. I traced it back to MATmos and removed it, and it made te pack (a bit) more stable.
I might add it back in in 1.6 and see what happens

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

I remember when that was in Tekkit. I didn't know a single person, or even see a single video with it disabled. Matmos is awful when it comes to FPS, and most of the sounds just get annoying.

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have some faint sounds. The old ic2 sounds were loud and annoying. Sound is something more mod developers should include.