Problem FTB Direwolf 20 1.6.4 Server Lag

laserball31

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've been experiencing lag that is out of the ordinary. I've tried to make another world, and deleting suspected mods for CPU time... All without any changes.

I'm current using this as my startup script...

Code:
java -d64 -server -Xms512m -Xmx12G -XX:PermSize=256m -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=250 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier0ProfilingStartPercentage=0 -XX:Tier3InvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier3MinInvocationThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3BackEdgeThreshold=10 -XX:Tier4InvocationThreshold=4 -XX:Tier4MinInvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier4CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier4BackEdgeThreshold=8 -XX:TieredCompileTaskTimeout=5000 -XX:Tier3DelayOn=50 -XX:Tier3DelayOff=25 -XX:+UseFastEmptyMethods -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+AlwaysCompileLoopMethods -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseNUMA -jar minecraft_server.1.6.4.jar nogui

The messages I am getting in console... (Auto-saving not enabled) The server tick is going slow. The last tick was (something around 21000ms, sometimes more). I'm using MCPC+,

Plugins List:

See Attached

Anyone have any ideas? Also tried with MCPC+ removed and a fresh world, and problem persists.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 106

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend getting this: http://nallar.me/buildservice/job/T...cessfulBuild/artifact/target/TickProfiler.jar

You may have to go into the config for it and turn the permissions part off (or you could just run the profile command on the console).

Once placed in your mods dir, fire up your server, stop server, change config where required, start server up again.

Wait for the hi CPU event to occur, then do (from the console): profile e

It might take a little longer to do its job during the event, but it will happen, then you just look for the things that are taking an excessively large amount of time to do stuff.

Other option is WarmRoast by sk89q (the worldedit guy), which is a seperate jar that runs independent of the game, assuming you have the MCP mappings for 1.6.4 you can use that to also give you an idea of where the issue might be.

Reactions: Francis Baster

laserball31

Jul 29, 2019
I've already profiled/sampled the jar and nothing seems out of the ordinary. It's not a high CPU event, the server runs fine.... spikes, and kicks everyone off. This needs to be fixed!

laserball31

Jul 29, 2019
Having same issue. Same results. It happens when you do /save-all
Unfortunately, that is not the problem I am having. Auto saving is not enabled, unless it is saving and not telling me. My saves take 1-2 seconds.

killer313201

Jul 29, 2019
then you should allocate more ram 12 Gb is not enough to run a dw20 1.6.4 server with many people on it you have 40 Gb you should allocate 32 Gb it will help the lag free

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

laserball31

Jul 29, 2019
Dude. Its not the RAM. I can put in as much as 40 GB of ram and nothing will change. It is something wrong with a mod.

killer313201

Jul 29, 2019
i know that TE3 have a big problem with the old pipes and they should all be removed or it can corupt the chunks like on another server i played on

sent from my iphone using
Tapatalk

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
then you should allocate more ram 12 Gb is not enough to run a dw20 1.6.4 server with many people on it you have 40 Gb you should allocate 32 Gb it will help the lag free

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk
...no no minecraft server needs 32GB of ram in fact that much will slowdown java garbage collection and CAUSE lag.

Also I don't see your server specs, can you post them? Is the server on your home computer?

Quelic

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having the same problem random spikes of lag kicking (most) everyone. I was running /chunkloaders at the time and it spiked to around 7000 loaded chunks below is a picture of single player and the modpack not unloading chunks.

http://imgur.com/3sR2uuD

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
/chunk loaders usually causes lag or even crashes the sever. But we will need to know what hardware this server has.