FTB - Didja know?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I like watching you-tube videos from time to time and occasionally I'll see them do something that's quite small or sometimes big but relatively unknown - underused.

For example, Biffa used a sandstone BC pipe in one of his videos. This type of pipe can pass by machines and not connect up to them.

I recently found out that the Sentry from Portal Guns mod (a cheap thing to build using 1 redstone, 5 iron, 2 obsidian), fires projectiles at enemies in its field of view. While that's probably well known, the projectiles don't trigger endermen to teleport. So another way to off those dweebs. :)

Using a router and an iron furnace, ya can have the router stuff charcoal into anywhere and it'll put it into the top and bottom slots of the furnace ... and the output. Thus, you can grab the charcoal from the output and get exp, and then put it back in the router for it to go back into the output slot for you to get more exp... From where I come from, we call that an exploit. Considering though how easy it is to get exp though, not that big of a deal but I guess if you wanna be bad, there ya go.

If you're using a jet pack and have a multi-floor home/factory but have trouble stopping at the floor you want - try trap doors with a timer set for 5 seconds or so. The trapdoor will close behind you and not open again until you open it. This makes it easier to control what floor you end up on. Also for going down, ya just look down and right click and fall to the next floor. I use this with a central shaft for my base and it works great.

So, do you have something that's either new or new to you that ya wouldn't mind sharing?

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Using a router and an iron furnace, ya can have the router stuff charcoal into anywhere and it'll put it into the top and bottom slots of the furnace ... and the output. Thus, you can grab the charcoal from the output and get exp, and then put it back in the router for it to go back into the output slot for you to get more exp... From where I come from, we call that an exploit. Considering though how easy it is to get exp though, not that big of a deal but I guess if you wanna be bad, there ya go.
You can also do that with Redpower machines, with things other than charcoal for more experience.

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I think gold gives the highest XP correct? Should be possible to use a retriever to pull from the side and loop it back into the same side. Just stand idle and watch the levels fly.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Destruction Catalyst (Reliquary) is the mother of all mining tools- instantly strips stone/dirt ect leaving ores for easy collection.

Minefactory auto enchanter can place quad-enchants on books.

You can add unbreaking to a repair tool, but not repair to an unbreaking tool.

The quarry laser will eat any block in game.

There's a zombie villager soul shard.

Put lava sources in the middle of your industrial blast furnace to boost it heat capacity.
(if you cant find blazes/slimes, it can also make steel- the railcraft one is a little cheaper to build/run)​
Low on iron?- silk touch those massive veins of pyrite ore in the nether and put it in the induction smelter.

Make the factorization slag furnace for early ore smelting, by the power of cobblestone you can have 120%.

Greatwood and blaze rods are a good source of magic. XYcraft aluminium contains aura.

Your most precious resource is time. Don't waste it trying to be 100% efficient with fuel/minerals ect...

Boots of the striding+RP microblocks make an efficient ladder, as does the magnetizer with metallic boots.
Am I the only one who uses the magnetizer??​
Thaumium tools/armour don't loose aspects as they degrade- allowing you to re-forge them in a crucible if you don't get repair. (add 1 metallum aspect per ingot. gold nuggets are useful here).

There is no such thing as over engineering. Everyone else just does a shoddy job.

Goggles. Are. Cool.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Nagas can break through bedrock if they hit it from the side, and it drops as an item.

The Power Tool's blink drive upgrade uses very little power and will put you inside a wall if you are right next to it when you fire it. You can "swim" through land at a reasonable speed, recover from becoming trapped underneath the bedrock layer, and generally get into and out of any place you aren't supposed to be no matter what, with one exception.

A MFFS security station is capable of instantly killing all players - even if they are in creative - if you have their MFFS ID card and you revoke their permission to stay in the area. I did this to my server owner once by accident.

Vorpal enchants ignore armor. All armor. This is pretty much the only way to defend your person and your belongings from other players who have powersuits if you don't have a MFFS setup.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
The quarry laser will eat any block in game. EXCEPT WARDED STONE/GLASS. can't even place a sheet of this with fillers.also won't do jack against mffs fields blocks.

Make the factorization slag furnace for early ore smelting, by the power of cobblestone you can have 120%. ae grinder with hand crank and wrench turtle auto attacking the handle asap after. quick 200% by hand, then 200% with automation.

Goggles. Are. Cool.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Some great ideas here, I've been taking notes! A few of mine:

• Bees with certain effects are great at autokilling mobs. Unstable, Heroic, Aggres., and possibly Ends are all good choices. They don't seem to work on wisps though...
  • Chainsaws can be used repeatedly on leaf blocks (for most tree types) to get saplings (and apples, if oak leaves) without losing the leaves. Combine with a filler and you have an endless fountain of saplings as long as you stand there holding the button (and have power in your chainsaw).
  • Ender pearls and ladders can be used to easily and reliably get through bedrock at the top of the nether, which gives you a great place to fight withers without wrecking your terrain.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

You can do the same with a turtle. That turtle can even store the xp and enchant books with it. You can even do it with a diamond and since xp is scaled by the item get xp quite a bit faster than with coal.

But if that doesn't scream "This is an exploit! I may as well just spawn in bottles of enchanting!" to you, then you are broken somewhere.

In other news: RichardG was caught doing that on Forgecraft 1 in one of Slow's streams.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
You can do the same with a turtle. That turtle can even store the xp and enchant books with it. You can even do it with a diamond and since xp is scaled by the item get xp quite a bit faster than with coal.

But if that doesn't scream "This is an exploit! I may as well just spawn in bottles of enchanting!" to you, then you are broken somewhere.

In other news: RichardG was caught doing that on Forgecraft 1 in one of Slow's streams.

Hahaha. Wow. It's one of those dirty little secret things. I was just fascinated something so ... broked was in the game. I never even thought to exploit it further than I accidentally had when I ''screwed' up my router settings. :)

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using a jet pack and have a multi-floor home/factory but have trouble stopping at the floor you want - try trap doors with a timer set for 5 seconds or so. The trapdoor will close behind you and not open again until you open it. This makes it easier to control what floor you end up on. Also for going down, ya just look down and right click and fall to the next floor. I use this with a central shaft for my base and it works great.

So, do you have something that's either new or new to you that ya wouldn't mind sharing?
use arcane levitators from thaumcraft
each one pushes you up 10 blocks, and you can set them up so that you push a button and they turn on for a few seconds, then turn off (using a NOT gate, state cell and some wire)
then get the long fall boots to jump down