FTB Departed Discussion

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Kay, let me rephrase that: It doesn't feel cheaply coded, just cheaply made and cheaply designed.

The UI lacks tooltips and proper explainations, it lacks coherence and doesn't display everything you want. The whole thing lacks tooltips.

If it took effort to code then that effort was wasted on an undercooked concept and at the very best slightly below average graphics work.

every mod in minecraft uses books to explain mod details, you can create that book by 4 limonite around a vanilla book and all the skill information is there.

I don't think it is possible to add mouse over tool tips to the skills GUI. If it is possible that would be amazing to see though.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
@goreae @Watchful11

Love the pack so far. Only complaint i have is TiCon is overpowered compared to the AoA weapons. The damage values may need to be nerfed a bit.
I feel with Iguana Tweaks this only makes it worse. While watching the launch stream you mention the Author of AoA main concern was the "breaking" of his mod. I feel this to be true with TiCon in its current state.

Reactions: MynameisAK

MynameisAK

Jul 29, 2019
@goreae @Watchful11

Love the pack so far. Only complaint i have is TiCon is overpowered compared to the AoA weapons. The damage values may need to be nerfed a bit.
I feel with Iguana Tweaks this only makes it worse. While watching the launch stream you mention the Author of AoA main concern was the "breaking" of his mod. I feel this to be true with TiCon in its current state.

This, I like it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Skeletal ingots are one of the bigger problems and will be nerfed whenever it updates, their damage has been lowered to that of iron. The other issue has been discussed and TiC is getting nerfed, I'm of belief that it's Iguana Tweaks that is the issue and not TiC itself as they've got the leveling set so you wind up with more than triple the normal amount of modifiers which considering they're the counter to enchanting is similar to raising the max level on all your enchants by 100% or something. Crossbows are still a bit OP though.
Also like to add there are way to many Assassins
Known bug that assassins don't despawn and should be fixed in the next version of AoA according to the dev.

Reactions: Crhymez

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Both correct. All the extraTiC weapons will be nerfed to some degree. Rampant assassins, that don't actually assassinate, are a bug and should be fixed.

Reactions: goreae and Crhymez

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Both correct. All the extraTiC weapons will be nerfed to some degree. Rampant assassins, that don't actually assassinate, are a bug and should be fixed.
Great News. I also think Iguana tweaks need to either only be the utility aspects... ie Change parts and repair on the go... or nothing at all. The leveling system allows for way too many modifiers. I personally would like to see it removed

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The skill system needs extensive wiki consultation to understand. No Ingame documentation of that
There will be, don't worry. I'm working on it.
The wiki is not really descriptive and up to date. There is also no ingame documentation whatsoever. Tooltips woulda been nice
Tooltips I may make eventually using minetweaker.
The leveling of two skills is entirely dependant on munching on as much stone as you can using a pickaxe. Having that as a significant endgame element is boring
That's not too hard really. Take a fast enough hammer and you'll tear through the skills. Plus you need to mine for a bunch of jade for the armors.
Energy weapons are easy to get and very op
which energy weapons are you talking about? And energy is hard to restore really. You have to wait for it to recharge. Also the ammo is pretty dang cheap and only work as an inventory management aspect.
The Bows are useless
The speed bow for one is insane. Really fast draw speed and decent damage.
The alacrity bow is especially useful for the fast monsters as it slows them down significantly.
The explosive bow can devastate monsters with its explosions, and it's also quite nice for the splash damage.
There's plenty more and the damage can be spiked up with enchantments.
So are the staffs and the entire runing profession
What? There's tons of useful staves, most notably the staff of webs which eliminate all negative effects instantly. They also have very low impact on inventory, don't slow you when held, and don't have any sort of cooldown. There's also the rejuvanation staff which is like a health potion on steroids, there are also staves that drop orbital projectiles, AoE effects, eliminate all monsters around, give an absorption shield, apply certain effects based on the enemies around you, and so much more. Staves have some really cool effects.
Animus skill is basicly free if you place a brick on your mouse for 10 minutes
Very true. It's hopefully being fixed in the future.
All the individual armors are just 50 shades of slightly recolored diamond armor with potion effects added onto them
Ha! Not even. There's some incredible armor sets out there. A lot of them are situational, like the poison or wither armor, alacrity armor, ice armor, etc. But there are cool ones like the utopian armor that gives you regen in water, nethengenic (my personal favorite) which gives you regen when you're low on health and strength when you're high in health, temporary absorption, cheaper staves, commander armor gives epic regeneration, armor sets that boost melee players, ranged players, sniper rifle users, one that spawns minions every few seconds, and so much more. There's a lot of variety and for most cases, simple speed or alacrity armor just isn't going to cut it. I'd like to see you go through the mysterium without poison armor.
The early game is punishing and once you get to sapphire the entire thing is entirely dull and easymode
Not if you know what you're doing. And the tinkers is getting a massive nerf, so no more unstoppable swords.
The minion system is useless on servers (they lag and bug out) and borderline useless in single player
I haven't seen that at all, and they can be very useful to deal with the riffraff, even by just attracting their attention away from you. They are actually really powerful.
The dimensions have no uniqueness to them. They feature mostly color shifted version of stone or obsidian + 1-2 ores in the ground, and some generic nether/end/biomecopy design with equally color shifted blocks on the overworld.
there are several unique dimensions, like celeve, leyleytia, and lunalus. But the coloring makes it feel entirely different. Making unique worldgen is hard work. And why make some complicated worldgen when you can achieve the feel you want with a pre existing worldgen? They do a very good job at making each dimension feel different, even if when you look closely they use preexisting stuff.
The infusion skill is weird and borderline useless (other then armor and meele weaponry, nothing is enchantable, so you cant really do much with the exp
wait what? the infusion is the only way to enchant staves and guns. They can get insanely strong with the right enchants.
Every armor in Nevermine is equally protective as diamond armor, making the choice purely on personal preference (means if you prefer the speed armor, you can get your endgame and forever armor in less then an hour)
Absolutely not. At least not speed armor. That's not going to get you too far. See my previous comment on armors.
The bossfights can be easily bugged and aren't all that interesting (haven't killed all of them yet, but from what I see)
some are interesting like the primordial five, the four guardians, the minigame bosses. A lot are just run at you and attak though.

The hunter skill and the fact that "to hurt this specific mob you must grind at least this much" is a cheap cop out as progression blocker and of next to no effect anyways
It has plenty of effect. You aren't going to fight the nethengenic beasts for a long time. And the diminishing returns really forces you to go to other dimensions if you want to kill a certain thing like amphibytes. It's going to take a long time to get to that level just killing goalbys.

Reactions: Fuklz

California Sun

Jul 29, 2019
  • All the individual armors are just 50 shades of slightly recolored diamond armor .

• like i see in most of your points, you must just be basing your stuff off of not real facts. that or you are playing a different mod. none of the armors look like diamond except void...
    ElecanyteArmor.png
    HydroplateArmor.png
    NethengeicArmor.png
    Utopian.png
    NightmareArmor.png
    RunicArmor.png
    BiogenicArmor.png
    GhoulishArmor.png
    LyonicArmor.png
    and so on...

i applaud the maker for the designs because they are actually awesome. you can have your opinion though but it should be based on truth.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
i applaud the maker for the designs because they are actually awesome. you can have your opinion though but it should be based on truth.
My original critique was focused on what the armors do, not what they look like. They are still recolors. (Debatably) pretty recolors, but still recolors. The effects aren't anywhere near exiting enough to merit going beyond just any one of them and they have the same protection.

California Sun

Jul 29, 2019
My original critique was focused on what the armors do, not what they look like. They are still recolors. (Debatably) pretty recolors, but still recolors. The effects aren't anywhere near exiting enough to merit going beyond just any one of them and they have the same protection.
recolor means that there is a hue shift. please explain how hue shifting any of those will make them look the same as the others when the actual designs and patterns on them are entirely different.

the thing is you say the armors are useless which proves that you have not even played it for any real amount of time. most of the armors are actually very good and they all have their own good applications.

Reactions: Padfoote