FTB Departed Discussion

kynealdyr

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I was wondering if there was local LAN support for multiplayer support, or do I need to setup a server to pay with family members?

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a bug. But mining with a TiCon tool with a lava crystal on it(auto smelt), does not Level your foraging skill from AoA

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I really want to get into mod development, I have coding experience, getting my masters at RMIT university in computer science and a really high IQ, I just have no introduction into it so when I do attempt to start somewhere I quickly get unmotivated :p

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
2015-05-24_12.50.14.png

Well, this is odd. a hive fully replaced the trunk of the tree

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason every time I die all my stuff instantly disapears, happened twice now. no corps, no grave, nothing on the ground, what's happening?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
WARNING: just so you know you must regular left click to get vitality XP, shift clicking wont give you any XP at all.
Actually, that bug was fixed in the departed version.
"the souls are out scurrying tonight" must be a new feature not on the wiki yet, it seems to spawn most mobs as 'ghostly' versions of them and drops 'ghostly banner' and 'ghostly stone'. seems every mob has about 35%(random guess) chance to be come ghosts which seems to double their health. no clue about any other effects yet.
Yeah, new event to be added in the candyland update. I have no idea what the soul stones are used for if they are used for anything at this point.
My first death, ambushed by a group of 4-5 of those invisible guys you have to hit once to see while in my mine, scared the hell out of me :p.

Also got a gun from the clowns but useless as far as I can tell(it just throws confetti? couldn't even kill one of my cows with it, or do I need bullets?)
That gun is almost entirely worthless. In order to damage something, they have to be pretty much touching you, making any application of the weapon entirely impractical.
I love this pack,
I cant wait to Automate with Golems and botania. Making them run my farms and cook my food. while im out killing bosses.
This is by far my favorite 1.7 pack to date.

Only thing i would change... if i could. Would be the Iguana Tweaks leveling and restrictions of things like paper guards...ect. But this is just a personal preference, since i like to have control over TiCon tools.
You get far more modifiers than usual. Paper would be a bit of overkill really. And if you really want more modifiers, there's always thaumium. And bloodmists did a wonderful job on the iguana tweaks file. He disabled most of the really annoying modifiers to get like silk touch or flame.
Not sure if this is a bug. But mining with a TiCon tool with a lava crystal on it(auto smelt), does not Level your foraging skill from AoA
Foraging only levels up if you get a drop from mining stone. I'll look into that.
for some reason every time I die all my stuff instantly disapears, happened twice now. no corps, no grave, nothing on the ground, what's happening?
That's a known bug with unknown cause. Can you tell me what sort of environment you died in and what killed you/what was at the deathpoint when you got there? It's hard to diagnose because you're the third user to report it but we can't reproduce it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crhymez

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
For anyone losing items to dissapearing corpses in SSP, use the command /ob_inventory restore <playername> <deathtag>

The deathtag will contain the time and date of death, along with the username. Also if anyone finds this happening to them, details would be greatly appreciated.

Seems autosmelt doesn't work. Silk touch does, but not autosmelt. I personally thing it's fine the way it is. The convenience of autosmelt prevents the gain of vitality and foraging XP. Still, I'll post the issue.

For anyone else with bug reports, put them here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/departed-1-7-10.214/

Reactions: Crhymez

saki

Jul 29, 2019
Was the hardcore option set to true when you died? If so, then the deathban likely persists when you turn hardcore off. If that's the case, delete the player dat files. Since everyone's dead anyways you won't lost anything but any skill experience you earned and any baubles if you have them.

Thank you for your reply goreae. However, we have set the hardcore mode to false had a new player join and die. He is now banned and cannot rejoin. Is there somewhere specific other than the server files we should be changing the hardcore setting?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone losing items to dissapearing corpses in SSP, use the command /ob_inventory restore <playername> <deathtag>

The deathtag will contain the time and date of death, along with the username. Also if anyone finds this happening to them, details would be greatly appreciated.

I died to a mob I had died before and got my stuff back so I don't think its specific to the mob (It was the hunter monster "magicara" or w.e. it is called), it happened first in an extreme hills biome but then right after in a taige). BUT I did notice that when it happened I lagged a bit and saw my skeleton drop AND THEN my stuff explode out like you just broke a chest before I got the 'quit' or 'respawn' option.

My skeleton was at the death point but once i destroyed it, it contained nothing, and I got there in less then 20 seconds to dieing so definitely not long enough for items to despawn.

terrapinlogo

Jul 29, 2019
after doing a bit of experementing Traveller increases by sprinting only, walking jumping etc does not seem to level it up, or if it does it is incredibly slowly, sprinting is the only visual gain I can see

Travel by boat is a good way to increase this skill. I spawned on an island in the middle of an ocean. It took me a while to work out what all the level up sounds where coming from. I would assume that minecart travel will work aswell but i haven't tested it.

Seems autosmelt doesn't work. Silk touch does, but not autosmelt. I personally thing it's fine the way it is. The convenience of autosmelt prevents the gain of vitality and foraging XP. Still, I'll post the issue.

For anyone else with bug reports, put them here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/departed-1-7-10.214/

Not sure if it is the same bug or not but I died in a cave to what I'm guessing was a shade or ghost and again when I went back to get my gear. The first corpse was still there visually and could be kicked around but couldn't be right clicked and didn't show up in waila. The second body worked fine. Exiting and opening the save again fixed it.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it is the same bug or not but I died in a cave to what I'm guessing was a shade or ghost and again when I went back to get my gear. The first corpse was still there visually and could be kicked around but couldn't be right clicked and didn't show up in waila. The second body worked fine. Exiting and opening the save again fixed it.

I'm going to purposly die and see if this works.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
just got my first gun, dropped from 'scruffy' the little red thing that runs really fast and sets you on fire, seems to be better then nothing, but not as good as a bow.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
The AoA wiki really isn't that helpful. Anyone know what Rusted Iron ingots are good for?

EDIT: Also, there's a lot of armor that gives buffs and such. Are those full set or piece? I'd love to mix armors and get a bunch of buffs.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this happen a number of times. If you start placing blocks on your corpse, it will eventually be able to be opened. Kind of annoying, but not a deal breaker, I suppose.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
The AoA wiki really isn't that helpful. Anyone know what Rusted Iron ingots are good for?

EDIT: Also, there's a lot of armor that gives buffs and such. Are those full set or piece? I'd love to mix armors and get a bunch of buffs.

yes they are full set only buffs. some later sets give you multiple buffs.

also the version used for this modpack is a beta version of the new AoA which is why that wikia doesnt have some of the stuff, currently rusted iron ingots arent used but I predict they might be used for one of the new skills.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
since there are a lot of mobs that only spawn in certain biomes you really need to explore far away from your base, is there something in this mod like the recall stones that allow you to teleport back home?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
one of the new skills 'travel' gives you chances to have effects when running which makes you sprint twice as fast and you get a note saying 'you feel the wind beneath your feet'

EDIT: this can occur while running not just when you start to run, higher levels seems to make it last longer, no idea if higher level gives you increased chances

Last edited: