FTB Central Mod Permissions

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Please note, this thread is for the use of Mod Developers, to allow them to post general permissions for the use in Mod Packs. Please do not post in this thread anything other than permissions for the distribution of mods.

Any unrelated posts will be deleted.

FTAO Mod Developers. By posting in this thread it will be implied that you are giving explicit written consent for the re-distribution of any mod for which you have distribution rights or ownership of. If you have any specific requirements or limits you wish to place on this, it should be clearly stated in the respective thread. You should also make sure to link to any main thread or website connected to your mod.

If at any time in the future you wish to withdraw this consent, this can be done in writing via a PM to any of the forum staff.

Edit by Watchful11: I deleted all posts that were not specifically by an author giving or stating permission for their mods. Please only post if you are giving permission for your mod/mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
Any pack is free to use Mekanism and any of its modules without my permission as long as they credit me in their post and follow my guidelines, which can be found on it's GitHub repo.

Mekanism as a whole, although working fine independently, has smooth integration for popular mods such as IC2, BuildCraft, Railcraft and Universal Electricity. It features 3 different modules, each with it's own specific function.

Mekanism Core:
Required module to use an other. It features all the base code used by Mekanism, as well as the machinery used for processing resources and creating new materials. It also includes the full Gas API, which is implemented specifically by the Generators module. Last but not least, the core includes the handy Energy Cubes and other various electronics.

Mekanism Generators:
Features all of Mekanism's various electricity generators. This includes both solar and advanced solar generators, as well as the Hydrogen Generator, Bio-Generator, and Heat Generator. Note this module also features the Electrolytic Separator, depended on by Hydrogen Generation.

Mekanism Tools:
This module features the 5 sets of tools and armor created with the Core module's various materials, processed by it's machinery.

-aidancbrady

Mattredsox

Jul 29, 2019
I, Mattredsox give the FTB team permission to use Electric Expansion, a Universal Electricity mod as long as it follows this license here. We know this will all be met from our experience being in the Universal Electricity pack in the launcher. his mod was made my myself and Alex_Hawks.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
As an extension to the permissions already given to the FTB team (via PM to Slowpoke), any Mod Pack provided by the FTB Launcher may contain any or all of my following mods, so long as credit is given and links back to the mods' threads are provided (using the links below):
Enjoy!
-Myrathi

Notes
¹ For ChargePads to be included, the Mod Pack must have permission to include IndustrialCraft 2.

Sengir

Jul 29, 2019
It is already implied by the BuildCraft license, but I'll state it explicitly to avoid any uncertainties:

BuildCraft:

BuildCraft is OSS and is distributed according to the MMPL (http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/MMPL-1.0.txt). It does allow redistribution of the mod in its various forms (sources, binaries). If you redistribute any of the official releases, a link to http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/ should statisfy the license. If you distribute a custom build, you will have to make sure that the sources are accessible to anyone downloading your modpack - usually by providing a link to a publicly accessible github repository (or similar) or perhaps even just a source archive.

tl;dr: If you include an official pre-compiled binary, just link to http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/ and you are good.

Forestry:

See http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-central-mod-permissions.3801/page-3#post-105228

copygirl

Jul 29, 2019
I give permissions for my mod BetterStorage to be distributed in any official FTB modpacks created by the FTB team. For anyone else, whether you make a private FTB pack or not, to quote from the thread:
Anyone can use BetterStorage in their mod packs under these conditions:
- If your mod pack is public, include a link to here or this topic somewhere, like on its thread or website. This would make most sense in a list of mods included in the pack.
- You don't make any profit from your mod pack. This includes services like adf.ly. Donations are fine.
If you do use a monetizing service and still want to include BetterStorage, you'll have to ask me.

edit: Changed requirements to be more open.

Reactions: xbony2

tiin57

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case people don't actually understand "open source"...
I, tiin57, founder and collaborator on the Omnicraft and LuaForge projects, hereby give my explicit permission for either or both Omnicraft and LuaForge to be included in any and all modpacks, provided that full credit is given to myself and the other major collaborators (newmangamers and samrg472, respectively).
Edit: I also give permission for the NON-OPEN SOURCE mod, ForgeCommands, developed solely by me (tiin57) to be included in any and all modpacks that the Feed The Beast team approves. Any modpacks not approved by the Feed The Beast team (including those previously approved, which no longer have approval) are prohibited from including ForgeCommands without my express consent.

harrio34

Jul 29, 2019
I give permission for my yet-unreleased mod ChemCraft to be included in any of the FTB modpacks or third party FTB modpacks