FTB Central Mod Permissions

Parker8283

Jul 29, 2019
I, Parker "Parker8283" Young, herby grant permission to anyone and everyone who would like to include any mod that I have written/maintain in their mod pack. At this time, this inlcudes:
  • Iguana Tweaks (1.7.2+)
  • Thaumcraft Mob Aspects (1.7.2+)
  • 8283Lib
This list will be added to as needed.

TL;DR: Any mod of mine is available for anyone to use in a mod pack.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
You Have Full Permission To Use Any Of My Mods Listed Here

And Here is a picture that says so too :D
95c12afb38.png

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Here are the requirements to use my mods - RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, ElectriCraft, ChromatiCraft, Expanded Redstone, GeoStrata, MeteorCraft, Void Monster, LegacyCraft, CritterPet, CaveControl, and UsefulTNT:
If your pack is intended for and only available to one server and its players, it is a semi-private pack; if it is publicly available, even if the pack was designed to be semiprivate, it is a public pack.
Packs on GitHub, any launcher without a code or whose code is publicly available, and hosted on public filesharing links are public.

(1) Both public and semiprivate packs must adhere to the following:
  • No element of the mods may be monetized, locked behind a paywall, or otherwise used to generate income. This includes selling items in stores - whether or not it is obtainable normally - and locking items to donator ranks. Not only is this highly unethical, but it is outright illegal. Usage of the mods in packs that make ad revenue, including on YouTube, is permitted.
  • You may not claim credit for any of my mods or components thereof. This includes code, textures, sounds, and anything else contained within the mods as I distribute them, as well as claiming to be on a modding team with me.
  • You must disallow others from downloading and redistributing your pack outside your control, and must make this clear to downloaders.
  • You and pack downloaders may not extract my mods from the pack and rehost them. This must be made clear to downloaders.
  • Because of the fragility and intricacy of their progression/techtrees and the stability, playability, and balance problems resulting from damage, RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, ElectriCraft, and ChromatiCraft are not to be modified beyond what configs allow, including changing/removing/adding recipes with Minetweaker, ModTweaker, or any other such utility, disabling items the config does not permit, or adding alternate recipes for gating materials. This includes ASM/bytecode editing.
  • Under no circumstances may you make custom builds of the mod from the source code.

(2) In addition to (1), public packs must additionally adhere to the following:
  • No mod may be modified to the point that a standard wiki or guide is no longer accurate, such as by by removing major segments of the mod or dramatically changing behavior.

(3) In addition to (1), semiprivate packs must adhere to the following:
  • Any modifications to the mods that allow it must not be done with malicious intent; this includes giving donators/admins preferential treatment, removing popular items but hiding this fact to lure players, and breaking the behavior so as to generate false bug reports.
  • Modified copies of a mod are ineligible for tech support until the issue can be reproduced in an unmodified copy.

Public packs must obtain permissions from me before I will allow distribution. Semiprivate packs do not, but I appreciate being notified. Not needing explicit permission does not exempt such packs from the rules.

These permissions are non-transferrable; If your pack is to transfer ownership, the new owner must obtain fresh permissions to confirm that they also intend to adhere to the rules.

You must provide the name of the modpack for me to grant permission; I cannot approve a pack which I cannot identify.

Packs for personal use only (private packs) have no restrictions except for redistribution, as that would make them no longer private.

I provide no restrictions on how you distribute your pack or how you build it, including what mods may be used with my mods or what type of gameplay it is. This is your choice and yours alone.

Last edited:

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Unstickying this thread. Since it's creation two years ago, it has become far more normal for mod authors to include a permission statement wherever they host their mod. Obviously this will be around for reference, but it's now mostly redundant.

Reactions: Eyamaz