FTB Block logging

GrumpyCraft.com

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Has anyone had any success with a block logging program and FTB. I have heard people adapting their block databases to work with FTB. If anyone has a preconstructed database file it would be greatly appreciated.

GrumpyCraft

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
CoreProtect and all Block Logging plugins cause massive amounts of lag to your server. Personally, I would not get a plugin that does that if you have a protection plugin.

TheMap

Jul 29, 2019
Coreprotect works fine ive been using it since FTB could accept bukkit plugins.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Just logging does not take up much resources at all if your using a multicore process as it can run on a different core plus if the plugin is running Async you never notice it (untill harddrive space fills up)

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is not multithreaded. If you know a way to multithread it please share.

TheMap was right when all you have to do is search around, and with that you will find many things that will multithread different parts of the game you can split up. Personaly on my server every world is in its own thread and then they are load balanced across my 8 cores.

Also by the way you answered this question yourself in a diffrent thread.

There are a couple things you should get to fix this and to keep a watch in the future:
aPerf: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...aperf-server-protection-and-performance-mods/ - Helps with performance. See the instructions on how to install.

TickThreading: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...le-entity-ticks-and-other-optimisations.6498/ - Increases TPS, shows TPS by doing /tps, patches mods, and more.

TickThreading is the main one, aPerf does alot async which allows any load balancing system (such as linux's native one) to split it across several cores.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Well what DreadEnd is doing has been done on a per world style, but not per player/ individual area. Once you split the main thread you can spread them around different cores such as tickthreading which splits each world into its own which is not as good as what DreadEnd is doing, but tickthreading is public and working while dreadend's terracore is not.

Another part about tickthreading is that it can slow down the tps calculations of a chunk/area so that instead of that area being run 20 times a second it skips it every few, and along with that for a long time there has been async events with bukkit which are as they say asynchronous to the main thread which means that for how fast or slow they go they won't effect your main thread (as long as you don't max all your cores). If you ever used logblock you see a perfect example of a database querry being an async task as you can ask it to find every-single block change in the past week and you won't notice the server lag, but you will notice you won't get a reply to your command for a few seconds.

Personaly I like the comments about refractoring to C++, if someone ever does do it they will have made a beast of a client/server. Right up until we get an update like 1.5 which changed a ton and you nearly have to start from scratch.