FTAO Technic Forum Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
One thing they have on the Technic Forums that I think we might need here is the giganutan list of smilies. It's outrageous, and perfect for a time like this ;)
(I personally want the :ninja: one ;) )

Also, I'm kind of confused by this statement: So much so that I would be happy to have with only one obvious exception, any of the technic team working on the FTB team.

I just don't understand the intended meaning.

(except that one time I got invited by bride to Protech server)
Hey that's me!
I miss that server, but it's so hard to go back to 1.2.5 after playing 1.4.2 :p
Joe said once the FTB pack is complete he may make the conversion. But I haven't played in a while, been busy trying to find a job. Actually using this place to keep my head on straight ;)

Reactions: Belone

Stephen Baynham

Jul 29, 2019
from Cheap Shot
Let me ask you, did you ever even once ask me to stop, or change the way I was speaking or issue me a warning or anything even remotely close to that? No it was a straight up, without warning perma ban and not only that, you wouldnt even leave the thread up for members to read for themselves. No you had to delete the entire thing.

As to FTB members spamming hate messages, well I have now clearly and publically asked them to stop that. As long as you guys keep me and FTB off your forums then we will have no issue. But every time you see Kakermix in any way attacking me or anyone else involved in FTB, then come take a look on my forums and I will have responded. I wont be starting shit with you guys, but I am happy to finish it.

Slowpoke, shame on you for letting some random on the internet bait you into something like the above. Apparently they weren't even doing it here, they were doing it youtube (???) of all places? I thought everone understood that youtube comments are a cesspit and should be avoided. One person unconnected to anything trolling you means you're willing to throw out everything I've said, and all the talk you've layed down about being fair and reasonable and working toward something productive? It just makes your words seem hollow, and is frankly an insult to me, considering I took the effort to take you seriously and gave you quite a bit of my time. Looking at your feed the beast forum thread about us linked earlier shows that you've made no effort to stop the anti-technic echo chamber. There are downright lies and harmful rumors in there and no effort to correct them or calm them, even after the discussions we've held here where I have gone out of my way to make sure things stay fair and orderly. I am disappointed.
We're still going to go ahead with the plans to discuss as our team our relationship with the modders, and do everything we can to make positive change. I just thought your words to me were more genuine and it's disheartening so see that maybe they weren't. I hope I am wrong in that. We want to make positive change happen, and you're in a position where many of the mod makers who think negatively of us respect and like you. Both sides need to want positive change for any to happen. Please remember that one youtube troll does not equal the Technic team. One guy having some fun stirring shit on the internet does not equal all the productive and reasonable effort I have put forward.

EDIT: Also you can't lie about the way your second overture to the technic crew ended and lie about not knowing why you were banned and expect that to end well.

Reactions: Deimos56

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was probably somewhere in between a bad idea and suicidal to bring this up on either forum. Hopefully closer to the former in the long run.

Both sides have too much bias to be entirely credible so It just undermines peoples trust and respect for either party every time they open their gobs. Case in point, most everything I just read. Too many conflicting accounts from everyone and their mother make it hard to take anyone's word on the matter. Not to mention it just continues the same back and forth "oh yes it is, oh no it isn't" pro/anti Technic argument we all been seeing since long before the FTB pack even factored into the equation. I'd rather Technic be left to their own devices warts 'n all than for the excellent reputation of FTB to be tarnished by petty point scoring.

I'm sorry to say this as to say I adore this modpack and community would be a gross understatement. I just feel it's best not to continue to flog this dead horse. Bringing the drama over here is preaching to the converted at best, and giving your critics ammunition (and inviting them to come and pop it off in your territory) at worst.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
I did not lie I made it very clear what my last post was. There were enough people on your site that saw the post where I brought up the licences for Mo'Creatures and Optifine. Everyone there will remember I very clearly said that I was not making any accusation. Hell I even confirmed that Technic had the vast majority of permissions either indirectly or directly. But there were people on there getting all upset because youtubers and streamers were going on and on about permissions and the fact that Technic didnt have them all. Cheap Shot was making it clear that from where he stood Technic now had permissions. I gave 2 examples of 2 totally different mods where no was noevidence for or against this statement and given technics history, they could not be upset when people questioned this. That was it, 2 hours later I was banned without any warnings whatsoever. Please dont even bring up the earlier posts. They were a good month earlier and other than the one thing that I apologised for, not a single word was said to me about the content of my posts. Say whatever you want here, I am happy to defend myself, but until someone from the technic site can show me evidence to the contrary, the banning was pure censorship plain and simple. I was making points with evidence that they were just not able to defend any longer and they needed a way to shut me up. They succeeded right up to the point where Kakermix decided to aim attacks at me again.

Again I say, I will never start these fights, but I will not just sit here and let people lie and attack me or anyone else around here. You want to end this war, fine. I will consider this ended after this post. Just make sure no member of Technic staff in any way targets anyone from here and we will be good.

p.s. Magicferret, feel free to ignore these posts. they are not aimed at anyone other than those members of the technic forums that are prepared to hear more than one side of an argument.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
Deal with it.
Slowpoke, the users of Technic regard you in quite high esteem since you first started posting in our forum.
Please, for the sake of both communities...
PLEASE STOP
Whatever you are doing, or trying to achieve is counter-productive.
PLEASE STOP

I recommend both you and cheap and kaker have a chat off the forums. Teamspeak, facebook, skype. Whatever you youngsters use these days... please keep the forums clean.

EDIT: Also you can't lie about the way your second overture to the technic crew ended and lie about not knowing why you were banned and expect that to end well.
This is also not helpful in any way.... let's put it aside... Tis is a parents fight, we are but mere children. Let's go outside playing and leave the adults to it.

Reactions: Deimos56

SimpleGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Before this thread gets any bigger I would like to remind all members of the rules.
  1. Be respectful. No racist, sexist or homophobic comments will be tolerated.
  2. Be polite do not use obscenities or engage in name-calling.
this does not only include members of our own communities but all so members of other communities as well.
I'll happily ban members of our community that are being assholes over here.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the mentioned post by kakermix, as I'm sure that thread will be deleted pretty soon:
The whole point of any of this was to get mods in the hands of people that wouldn't bother so they could play the game I was playing and liked a lot. Since more people than ever now know and play and follow the developments of these mods I'd say I did quite the job, doesn't matter if it's Technic on the tin of Feed The Beast. :smug:

If you guys care that much about a label then you might want to stop and really think about what gets you so worked up. There is already a 60+ Tekkit series Yogscast have with as many millions of views, and those aren't going anywhere. (this isn't even taking into account the original Technic series or the Duncan one or the Sjiin (I think that's how you spell it) episodes either. Think about that exposure. Think of how much money they've made of of Tekkit itself. Yogscast are in the market for views, and rightfully so since that is what makes the money. They will do whatever makes sense from a business perspective. Slowpoke is desperate to be Top Dog, so it's no wonder he salivates at taking the video crown from those bastards at Technic and knock down KakerMix a notch :negative: it's just I don't care about being popular on the internet, I just think it's hilarious that he and the people being all dramatic about minecraft modpacks in this thread and in general *care* so much. I am not the star, neither is slowpoke, it's the modders that are.

Technic did what it was meant to do and it did it far better than it was supposed to, Technic is directly responsible for the FTB modpack, Technic is responsible for shoving these mods into literally tens of millions of players' hands, and helped popularize the names of Industrial Craft, RedPower, ComputerCraft etc outside of the Minecraft Modding community itself.

Basically I did what I set out to do and I'm not worried what happens to the ~modpack market~ because there is no personal loss for me when Technic dies (and it will, just like FTB and the mods and Minecraft itself) because it isn't important.

And that guy was banned because he was either an idiot, or a poor troll. Both fall under the 'moron' label, so he was removed. Like it has always been, go elsewhere if trying to keep a community at a minumim quality level offends you.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Again I say, I will never start these fights, but I will not just sit here and let people lie and attack me or anyone else around here. You want to end this war, fine. I will consider this ended after this post. Just make sure no member of Technic staff in any way targets anyone from here and we will be good.

p.s. Magicferret, feel free to ignore these posts. they are not aimed at anyone other than those members of the technic forums that are prepared to hear more than one side of an argument.

Yeah I do respect that you need to defend yourself against this sort of stuff, I should have mentioned that. I usually steer well clear of these arguments but I worry it's just going to end up with everyone worse off! Hope it all gets sorted out though and that you don't end up getting too much grief, you don't deserve it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Both sides have too much bias to be entirely credible
Here's my take on that. I'll provide my gaming experience as an example.
I met my husband in college. We became a couple, and he moved in with my roommates and I. I asked him one day, "what is that you're playing". It was WoW, he bought me an account. We played that for a while. He got bored of it, and played his xbox. I'm bad at console games (like embarassingly horrid) so I continued playing with the guild I had found myself (great lot they were). Randomly came across some videos on youtube, ended up getting linked to a yogscast upload. Watched a minecraft video. Adam (husband) downloaded minecraft, said I might like it. So I downloaded minecraft, had some fun, but got bored quickly. Tried to install a mod. Failed miserably, Adam didn't want to play with mods, so I gave up. Went back to playing WoW.
Another random video, this time with the Technic Pack! Downloaded it and had some fun! Found a crap server, then found a really great server. Then Adam tells me about how FTB is going to get a launcher and be it's own pack. He said I would probably like it so when someone informed me of the beta download (Munaus I believe) I went ahead and downloaded it.
Still play on my Tekkit server (I'm head admin now, and I like being helpful, almost to a fault). Thoroughly enjoying FTB.

I hope my Tekkit server owner decides to convert, because I prefer FTB.
Reasons for that:
1. It updates rapidly. With this comes some issues, but I like the rapid response to a MC update.
2. Better communication with issues. This area is still lacking, but I know it's being worked on and I'm ok with that.
3. Transparency with the mod developers. I like knowing that the developers are actively working together. And without the TS server and dw20's server play, I wouldn't have known that.
4. The willingness to use user input to make a better experience
5. The allowance of creativity on the forums (signatures, text, etc)

I also prefer the options in the pack, and the mods used, but those 5 are my reasons for preference as a whole.

I think that's as unbiased as you can get :p

I'll happily ban members of our community that are being assholes over here.
And this is why you're my favorite mod over there :)
I recommend both you and cheap and kaker have a chat off the forums.
That's 3 not 2.

Stephen Baynham

Jul 29, 2019
I did not lie I made it very clear what my last post was. There were enough people on your site that saw the post where I brought up the licences for Mo'Creatures and Optifine. Everyone there will remember I very clearly said that I was not making any accusation. Hell I even confirmed that Technic had the vast majority of permissions either indirectly or directly. But there were people on there getting all upset because youtubers and streamers were going on and on about permissions and the fact that Technic didnt have them all. Cheap Shot was making it clear that from where he stood Technic now had permissions. I gave 2 examples of 2 totally different mods where no was noevidence for or against this statement and given technics history, they could not be upset when people questioned this. That was it, 2 hours later I was banned without any warnings whatsoever.

You weren't warned in that conversation specifically, but you play this game every couple months and have been warned about it in the past. "I'm not saying you guys don't have permissions but you don't have permissions" is a perfect description of the conversation you're describing. Playing the "well gee guys I don't know exactly why I was banned" game in the OP of this thread is dishonest. The technic team has been remarkably consistent with you: permissions is something they work out with the modders. You are not a modder.

Please dont even bring up the earlier posts. They were a good month earlier and other than the one thing that I apologised for, not a single word was said to me about the content of my posts.

You said in this thread that kakermix ended conversation with you when he returned from vacation that time, rather than you ended conversation when you threw a tantrum on the forums, which is what actually happened.

Say whatever you want here, I am happy to defend myself, but until someone from the technic site can show me evidence to the contrary, the banning was pure censorship plain and simple. I was making points with evidence

No, you were making points without evidence. Evidence is the thing where you present proof of something. You were presenting idle speculation. Again. And again. And again. Over a 6 month period, in multiple venues, allowing users on this forum to claim that the technic guys are making cash off technic, are taking credit for modders' work, are doing whatever. It's gotten old.

Again I say, I will never start these fights,

You always start these fights. This right here? You started this fight. This fight we are having right now is one you started. Here is the post you claim started this fight:

The whole point of any of this was to get mods in the hands of people that wouldn't bother so they could play the game I was playing and liked a lot. Since more people than ever now know and play and follow the developments of these mods I'd say I did quite the job, doesn't matter if it's Technic on the tin of Feed The Beast. :smug:

If you guys care that much about a label then you might want to stop and really think about what gets you so worked up. There is already a 60+ Tekkit series Yogscast have with as many millions of views, and those aren't going anywhere. (this isn't even taking into account the original Technic series or the Duncan one or the Sjiin (I think that's how you spell it) episodes either. Think about that exposure. Think of how much money they've made of of Tekkit itself. Yogscast are in the market for views, and rightfully so since that is what makes the money. They will do whatever makes sense from a business perspective. Slowpoke is desperate to be Top Dog, so it's no wonder he salivates at taking the video crown from those bastards at Technic and knock down KakerMix a notch :negative: it's just I don't care about being popular on the internet, I just think it's hilarious that he and the people being all dramatic about minecraft modpacks in this thread and in general *care* so much. I am not the star, neither is slowpoke, it's the modders that are.

Technic did what it was meant to do and it did it far better than it was supposed to, Technic is directly responsible for the FTB modpack, Technic is responsible for shoving these mods into literally tens of millions of players' hands, and helped popularize the names of Industrial Craft, RedPower, ComputerCraft etc outside of the Minecraft Modding community itself.

Basically I did what I set out to do and I'm not worried what happens to the ~modpack market~ because there is no personal loss for me when Technic dies (and it will, just like FTB and the mods and Minecraft itself) because it isn't important.

And that guy was banned because he was either an idiot, or a poor troll. Both fall under the 'moron' label, so he was removed. Like it has always been, go elsewhere if trying to keep a community at a minumim quality level offends you.

It's worth noting that the final paragraph is referring to the OP of the thread the quoted post was in, not in reference to slowpoke. THIS IS NOT A FIGHT-STARTER. Most of Kakermix's post is telling tekkit fanboys to calm down. Whereas the OP of this thread, is. Stop trying to make drama-hay out of nothing, slowpoke. Just let your grudge against technic go.

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
As a Minecraft player I have to say I'm just disappointed overall with everyone. I just want to play the game and I think all this drama is turning me off of Minecraft all together. One day over the summer while killing time on YouTube, I came across the Yogscast crew and their Tekkit series. It really peaked my interest, as I had sort of shelved Minecraft for a while. I never knew there was such interesting mods for Minecraft. I started playing, then joined a server and was having lots of fun. I then started doing research on what other neat mods people were creating. That's when I found out about some of the drama related to Tekkit. Basically it looked like your typical fanboy/anti-fanboy fight you find in every corner of the Internet and basically shrugged it off. I tried putting together some mods myself, but being new to it, had constant problems trying to get mods to all work together. I wanted to play with friends, which after the amount of time it took me to get mods together, I figured would put them off joining me. Tekkit was an easy solution to fix that problem. I still tinkered with mods in MultiMC for SSP games. When FTB launcher came out, I gave it a try. I thought it was great too. Again, it is an easy way to get a friend to download a single file, launch the game and join a server with no hassle. I'm still using a combination of Tekkit, MultiMC, BTW and FTB to play now. I enjoy all of them, they all have pluses and minuses, they all serve their purpose. I enjoy watching the various YouTube channels, Sjin is one of my favourites along with others of the Yogscast for comedy, while Direwolf20 is great for mod spotlights and just finding new ways of doing things.

Now, when I look at some of the drama. Modders that implement world destruction bugs depending on mod-packs, IANAL users posting their opinions on copyright/IP laws, mod exclusiveness, fanboy pettiness and trolling, etc. it is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth. There is the fighting between Tekkit and FTB crowds, Forge and Bukkit, FlowerChild vs Elorram, Modders vs Mojang, everyone vs Notch. It's all too much. I don't expect this to go away, that's just the nature of the Internet. I expect the trolling and fanboy comments... But this pettiness between some of the so called leaders of the community, Forge, FTB, Tekkit, Modders, Let's Play stars, is just over the top. You are all descending into the gutter like politicians in an election.

STOP trying to tell me what's bad about the other guy. STOP the mud slinging. STOP the negativity. STOP trying to polarize the community. STOP treating me as some idiot that knows nothing and is just a number to pin on your scoreboard against the other guy. Just tell me what's new about your product, keep releasing fun and exciting improvements and features, stop worrying about what the other guy is doing and I'll keep telling you what a good job you are doing and will donate what I can to those that treat me like a human being. As far as the trolling/fanboy bitching from your "average" user, that will continue in the forums and I will continue to ignore it like I do with that child throwing a temper tantrum in the line next to me at the supermarket. As the meme goes, haters gonna hate.

TL;DR
I expect bitching/fighting from the forum users and will ignore it.
I expect better from the management and leaders.

EDIT: Decided to add another cliche: With great power, comes great responsibility =P
EDIT2: Fixed "Haters gonna hate" =P

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
As a Minecraft player I have to say I'm just disappointed overall with everyone. I just want to play the game and I think all this drama is turning me off of Minecraft all together. One day over the summer while killing time on YouTube, I came across the Yogscast crew and their Tekkit series. It really peaked my interest, as I had sort of shelved Minecraft for a while. I never knew there was such interesting mods for Minecraft. I started playing, then joined a server and was having lots of fun. I then started doing research on what other neat mods people were creating. That's when I found out about some of the drama related to Tekkit. Basically it looked like your typical fanboy/anti-fanboy fight you find in every corner of the Internet and basically shrugged it off. I tried putting together some mods myself, but being new to it, had constant problems trying to get mods to all work together. I wanted to play with friends, which after the amount of time it took me to get mods together, I figured would put them off joining me. Tekkit was an easy solution to fix that problem. I still tinkered with mods in MultiMC for SSP games. When FTB launcher came out, I gave it a try. I thought it was great too. Again, it is an easy way to get a friend to download a single file, launch the game and join a server with no hassle. I'm still using a combination of Tekkit, MultiMC, BTW and FTB to play now. I enjoy all of them, they all have pluses and minuses, they all serve their purpose. I enjoy watching the various YouTube channels, Sjin is one of my favourites along with others of the Yogscast for comedy, while Direwolf20 is great for mod spotlights and just finding new ways of doing things.

Now, when I look at some of the drama. Modders that implement world destruction bugs depending on mod-packs, IANAL users posting their opinions on copyright/IP laws, mod exclusiveness, fanboy pettiness and trolling, etc. it is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth. There is the fighting between Tekkit and FTB crowds, Forge and Bukkit, FlowerChild vs Elorram, Modders vs Mojang, everyone vs Notch. It's all too much. I don't expect this to go away, that's just the nature of the Internet. I expect the trolling and fanboy comments... But this pettiness between some of the so called leaders of the community, Forge, FTB, Tekkit, Modders, Let's Play stars, is just over the top. You are all descending into the gutter like politicians in an election.

STOP trying to tell me what's bad about the other guy. STOP the mud slinging. STOP the negativity. STOP trying to polarize the community. STOP treating me as some idiot that knows nothing and is just a number to pin on your scoreboard against the other guy. Just tell me what's new about your product, keep releasing fun and exciting improvements and features, stop worrying about what the other guy is doing and I'll keep telling you what a good job you are doing and will donate what I can to those that treat me like a human being. As far as the trolling/fanboy bitching from your "average" user, that will continue in the forums and I will continue to ignore it like I do with that child throwing a temper tantrum in the line next to me at the supermarket. As the meme goes, haters going hate.

TL;DR
I expect bitching/fighting from the forum users and will ignore it.
I expect better from the management and leaders.

EDIT: Decided to add another cliche: With great power, comes great responsibility =P
Yeah, you just summed up mankind here, buddy. You find this everywhere.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
*Le snip*

I meant really with their argument going on and the rebuttals they make to each other. Bias isn't a bad thing in this case at all, I would be worried if Slow wasn't biased towards his own pack! It makes the whole thing kind of predictable though and hard to fully trust anyone's points, because you know they will lean in favour of their own views. A bit like party politics really. I'm still a faithful FTB party voter but you should never 100% trust a politician. :p

Having said that that was a very well reasoned post and everyone should be basing their views on those sorts of merits rather than modpack politics. There's a lot of unnecessary animosity over the issue. I'm probably more biased that you in that regard mind, despite professing a neutral stance I still haven't touched Technic since the Sengir debacle, despite not being a vocal critic of it. Anyway I am getting well and truly out of here before I get caught in the crossfire, this thread makes me nervous haha. Someone could lose an eye at any second..

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I really dislike party-liners.
And I don't care about the drama. I actively try to avoid talking about the "Sengir debacle". I wasn't there, it also didn't effect me. So, I can't form a valid opinion on it.
But, ya know what, if you think about it, it's really quite funny.
[I'll make this really bad comparison: It's like you (the end user) taking your car to the mechanic(Technic). The mechanic buys a part from a manufacturer(Sengir). But the manufacturer doesn't like how the mechanic works, so he sends a faulty part. End user hurt, mechanic gets a bad rap, manufacturer laughs.
I ask of you to disregard any real negative effects from all of this. Disregard the question of "legality". Disregard the ethics. And tell me this little prank isn't funny.]
Not capable of looking past the drama filled guts of it, can't look at the root hilarity? Ok, disregard everything between the above brackets.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
blah blah blah
Tis is a parents fight, we are but mere children. Let's go outside playing and leave the adults to it.

Anyway I am getting well and truly out of here before I get caught in the crossfire, this thread makes me nervous haha. Someone could lose an eye at any second..
This is singlehandedly the best thing said so far.
I would recommend any users who have gotten this far to follow this users lead.

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition here, anyway :p

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
'our side'
This. This bothers me. You're talking like you represent mod authors. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as a mod author, I find this highly disrespectful. You don't represent us, or our views, no matter how much you may say so. Now if you can actually prove that you represent the views of the mod authors, then that's one thing. But referring to your views as the views of 'our side' is wrong. Because your views are not necessarily our views.

Reactions: Jorcer and Deimos56

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
This. This bothers me. You're talking like you represent mod authors. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as a mod author, I find this highly disrespectful. You don't represent us, or our views, no matter how much you may say so. Now if you can actually prove that you represent the views of the mod authors, then that's one thing. But referring to your views as the views of 'our side' is wrong. Because your views are not necessarily our views.
He's referring to his team of people and the mod authors he works closely with.

(Slow, correct me if I'm wrong)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

I would guess slow is talking "our side" in regards to the modders/ppl he knows, well thats what would seem logical to me anyway, when I use WE its means a group of ppl I know not the entire population of the planet, & as a second point, would say that he would mostly be referring to the forgecraft listed modder/players/staff, again for me this seems normal & logical, so not requiring any further explaining, to jump to any other conclusion is serving only to cloud the issue.

I will not comment on the pack v pack my views are on record for that one.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess slow is talking in regards to the modder/ppl he knows well thats what would seem logical to me anyway, when I use WE its means a group of ppl I know not the entire population of the planet, & as a second point, would say that he would mostly be referring to the forgecraft listed modder/players/staff, again for me this seems normal & not requiring any further explaining, to jump to any other concussion is serving only to cloud the issue.
Even if you are only refering to the forgecraft modders, he still doesn't represent their views. That's like saying the President represents the views of all democrats.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess slow is talking in regards to the modder/ppl he knows well thats what would seem logical to me anyway, when I use WE its means a group of ppl I know not the entire population of the planet, & as a second point, would say that he would mostly be referring to the forgecraft listed modder/players/staff, again for me this seems normal & not requiring any further explaining, to jump to any other concussion is serving only to cloud the issue.
On that note, it's the same thing as me saying "We're here to help" or "we can't help without this". Not speaking for the rest of the world, but it still leaves the conversation open for others to join on the same note.
Or when I say "we" when referring the ST

Status
Not open for further replies.