FPS PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crytiv

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i've been playing FTB since it came out, and everything was fine until mc update (1.5.2). With updated mod packs for mc 1.5.2 i cant get more than 30 FPS. First of all i tried rewrite my OS but that did not helped at all. After that i tried everything, including optifine with lowest settings - nothing changes. With mc version 1.4.7 my fps is 60-80 sometimes 90. Anyone knows solution for this ?

Sorry for bad english, not my native language.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Crytiv

Jul 29, 2019
Specs :
AMD Radeon HD 7470M
Intel Core i5 2,5 ghz quad-core
8gb RAM

Tried optifine - still 30 fps

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
open up the launcher, click the Options tab, click the Advanced Options button. copy paste the following into the Additional Java Parameters field and see if that helps you somewhat.

-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=400 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:CompileThreshold=1000

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, make sure all your laptops drivers are up to date and check to make sure you don't have vsync turned on.

30 fps isn't bad for a laptop. If none of the above van raise it higher, then I'm out of options.

lumpywiggler

Jul 29, 2019
Try these things:

1. Open FTB Launcher, goto options.
2. Slide RAM slider over to 4GB.

Did this help? If it didn't continue on to the next one. Even if that helped a little this next one may still help.

1. Goto your graphics control panel.
2. Find an option to change settings for FTB_Launcher.exe
3. Find a power-setting option and set that to something like "prefer maximum performance"
4. Find V-Sync Option. Turn this off.

(sorry I don't know the exact options to change, I have NVidia not AMD.)

Hope one or both of these helped!

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
i have fps issues too. my configuration is:
Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.6 GHz, 8GB RAM, slightly overclocked nVidia GTX560, playing at 1440x900 resolution. normally i have 120 fps, or more, but the game lags around my machinery (FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 + BoP, Reliquary), with Optifine it's even worse.
if i go far away from my little base, it's good...
i have Windows 8.1 Preview, JRE8 Early Access, but i had this issue with JRE7 too.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Try the stuff in my JVM Arguments link. Also, you shouldn't use J8 yet. If you want to use an Early Access build, use the J7EA.

Note: I will never recommend standard use of any Early Access release of Java. They usually don't contain security patches.

lumpywiggler

Jul 29, 2019
i have fps issues too. my configuration is:
Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.6 GHz, 8GB RAM, slightly overclocked nVidia GTX560, playing at 1440x900 resolution. normally i have 120 fps, or more, but the game lags around my machinery (FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 + BoP, Reliquary), with Optifine it's even worse.
if i go far away from my little base, it's good...
i have Windows 8.1 Preview, JRE8 Early Access, but i had this issue with JRE7 too.

You just don't have a good enough CPU to be running it that well while so much stuff is going on around you. That is why when you unload the chunk with so much stuff (you walk away from your base) you get better FPS. Besides, as long as you're getting 60FPS you shouldn't have any worries. Most monitors cant even display more than 60FPS because the regular refresh rate is 60Hz. If youre really that worried about it maybe try overclocking your RAM & CPU a bit. But be warned, it could definetly cause problems if you don't know what you're doing. I would suggest getting HWMonitor to see temperatures if you do decide to do that. Did you try mine about power management & RAM dedication? If not definetly try it. FTB is never going to run well on 1GB of RAM.

Crytiv

Jul 29, 2019
Try these things:

1. Open FTB Launcher, goto options.
2. Slide RAM slider over to 4GB.

Did this help? If it didn't continue on to the next one. Even if that helped a little this next one may still help.

1. Goto your graphics control panel.
2. Find an option to change settings for FTB_Launcher.exe
3. Find a power-setting option and set that to something like "prefer maximum performance"
4. Find V-Sync Option. Turn this off.

(sorry I don't know the exact options to change, I have NVidia not AMD.)

Hope one or both of these helped!
Still getting 30 fps... But on 1.4.7 i get 60+ fps.

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
You just don't have a good enough CPU to be running it that well while so much stuff is going on around you. That is why when you unload the chunk with so much stuff (you walk away from your base) you get better FPS. Besides, as long as you're getting 60FPS you shouldn't have any worries. Most monitors cant even display more than 60FPS because the regular refresh rate is 60Hz. If youre really that worried about it maybe try overclocking your RAM & CPU a bit. But be warned, it could definetly cause problems if you don't know what you're doing. I would suggest getting HWMonitor to see temperatures if you do decide to do that. Did you try mine about power management & RAM dedication? If not definetly try it. FTB is never going to run well on 1GB of RAM.

an overclocked i5 is not enough? :D what kind of sorcery is this? without Optifine, i always get more than 100 fps, which is good. the problem is, that as i walk, i can see the lag, it stops for less than a half second. it's not that continous. my temperatures are far below anything problematic. (CPU can't reach 60°C, GPU is under 70 too). i set up the power management, so it doesn't drop clockrates. i give it about 3GB RAM.

but maybe i'll stick to Balanced / Power Saver setting in Minecraft, and this will be less noticable.

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, i think i maybe solved the lag spikes. i had "tons" of Liquiducts connecting to my two 36 LP Steam Boilers, and the amount of Steam traversing through Liquiducts continously changed. as i disabled them, lag seemed to disappear.

edit: more precisely, i have 10x Industrial Steam Engines, 1x Steam Turbine, and to counteract the Liquiducts limitation (160mB/tick at each connected side), i placed 12 of them at each boilers. i lowered to 7, my power generation suffered a small-to-none decrease. and the problem started when i hooked up a Mass Fabricator to Steam Turbine, output stayed at constant 100% and drained all steam...

Status
Not open for further replies.