fossil-archeology in ftb?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

diabloripper

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys i have a question is it posseble to get fossil-archeology mod in FTB because it would be really nice to have

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
You can theoretically add virtually any mod (provided that it is forge-compatible) but they cannot have conflicting IDs
Add it, and if it doesn't work then you will have to change some item IDs (your console will show)

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the ID's are found sometimes in the configs for the mod - forgive me and/or correct me if I'm wrong :)

diabloripper

Jul 29, 2019
it gives this error
Code:
      Minecraft has crashed!     
      ----------------------     

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\Sander\Downloads\Ultimate\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-04-08_20.26.49-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 8769743c --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\Sander\Downloads\Ultimate\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-04-08_20.26.49-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 8-4-13 20:26

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
    Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 248603616 bytes (237 MB) / 346025984 bytes (329 MB) up to 4260102144 bytes (4062 MB)
    JVM Flags: 7 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v7.26a FML v4.7.35.556 Minecraft Forge 6.6.2.534 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_D5 Feed The Beast Mod Pack 91 mods loaded, 91 mods active

OpenGL: GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Texture Pack: Sphax PureBDCraft 128x MC14.zip
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fossil.Fossil
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:130)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:504)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:161)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:412)
    at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fossil.Fossil
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:185)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:57)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:418)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:494)
    ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
--- END ERROR REPORT 129afd35 ----------

Gaurdian23

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem, I tried to install it on my D20 pack that I modified and got the same crash report. However I had this mod installed on this modified D20 pack before so it isn't one of the other mods conflicting....and yes I changed the block ID's .

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Did you just drop the zip into your mods folder? Because you can't do that with this mod, you have to unzip the thing into your mods folder.

Gaurdian23

Jul 29, 2019
Did you just drop the zip into your mods folder? Because you can't do that with this mod, you have to unzip the thing into your mods folder.
I always make sure to try both ways if it is possible (aka if when I open it I don't see multiple folders) and I did it with this, it didn't work it just gave me the same error report.

Larsque

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem, I tried to install it on my D20 pack that I modified and got the same crash report. However I had this mod installed on this modified D20 pack before so it isn't one of the other mods conflicting....and yes I changed the block ID's .
Out of curiosity, what did you change your block ID'/s to?