Whitelist Server Forgotten Beast | v8.2 | Small Community | Mature (18+)

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft Name: Vircomore
Rough Playtime: 6pm to 9pm USEast, Sunday through Thursday. Sporadic weekends.

Why you would like to join: I've played Minecraft, Technic, and FTB for awhile now on single-player, and I'd love to get in on the multiplayer aspect with some good people. I've also recently taught myself LUA to write a handy Turtle program, so I would consider myself semi-proficient in CC. :)

Minecraft name: dominikh05
Rough playtime with timezone: 2-4h per day (UTC +1)
Why you would like to join: I played FTB a lot on my own. Now i am searching a nice server to play on and I think that one could be it :)

Welcome to the server.

Liyarin

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name:
Liyarin

Rough playtime with timezone:
GMT+0, Probably won't play a lot for this week, since it's the last week of college for me, and I have projects to finish, but afterwards I'll probably play like 4 to 6 days a week, not sure what times... Really depends on my mood, I'll be relatively active though. As long as I do get in that is.

Why you would like to join:
I've been looking for a FTB server to play at. I want to try out what it has to offer since I see so many people going crazy about it. I've never been crazy for mods, but hey.... can't hurt right?
I tried a few FTB servers already, but unfortunately I couldn't find any that had a satisfactory community, so I'm still looking for one.
The changes u made seem fair, and for the most part don't really bother me much.

roger_murtaugh

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: roger_murtaugh

Playtime: Next two weeks alot all day since I'm off. Then a around 10-15 hours a week depends on my weekends. utc +1

Why I would like to join: I had started up on another FTB server recently put that got closed and I haven't heard from the admins in over a week. So I am looking for new server to join.
I like the changes made on this server and hope to join!

Onack

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name:
Onack

GMT+1, Play after work most of the days some hours

Been playing vanilla for a very long time, jumped over to tekkit a while a go, but got tired of not finding a server that does not lag or does have extreme limits. This seems like a very good server and hoping to have a good time among adults. I enjoy making advanced circuitry and build large structures.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name:
Liyarin

GMT+0, Probably won't play a lot for this week, since it's the last week of college for me, and I have projects to finish, but afterwards I'll probably play like 4 to 6 days a week, not sure what times... Really depends on my mood, I'll be relatively active though. As long as I do get in that is.

I've been looking for a FTB server to play at. I want to try out what it has to offer since I see so many people going crazy about it. I've never been crazy for mods, but hey.... can't hurt right?
I tried a few FTB servers already, but unfortunately I couldn't find any that had a satisfactory community, so I'm still looking for one.
The changes u made seem fair, and for the most part don't really bother me much.
Minecraft name: roger_murtaugh

Playtime: Next two weeks alot all day since I'm off. Then a around 10-15 hours a week depends on my weekends. utc +1

Why I would like to join: I had started up on another FTB server recently put that got closed and I haven't heard from the admins in over a week. So I am looking for new server to join.
I like the changes made on this server and hope to join!

I am glad you like the config. Always happy for feedback for other things that need attention.
Welcome to the server.[DOUBLEPOST=1358275862][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minecraft name:
Onack

GMT+1, Play after work most of the days some hours

Been playing vanilla for a very long time, jumped over to tekkit a while a go, but got tired of not finding a server that does not lag or does have extreme limits. This seems like a very good server and hoping to have a good time among adults. I enjoy making advanced circuitry and build large structures.
Please let me know how the server is treating you. Some of the config changes were made with performance in mind. There are other things I could tweak server side if needed.
Welcome to the server.

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Since I'm at work and can't play or Mumble yet - I'll ask these questions for your Q&A since it seems to be a question that gets addressed on most FTB servers:

* Limitations on automatic mining? Like "No Quarries" or "No Frame Bores", etc.

* Limitations on Mystcraft? Like creating ages, digging in ages, etc.

Thanks again, and I can't wait to get home to play.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries are definitely allowed. From a balance perspective, they are in line with turtles and they are expensive enough to make for what extra setup convenience they provide.
Size is what matters here. I would like to limit them to only load 9 chunks as well, so they are in line with other chunk loaders/world anchors. Nine chunks minus some processing/chest space is still a huge quarry.
I am not familiar with frame bores, but the same should be taken into account.

Mystcraft is not currently part of the Mindcrack pack and it's not running on the server. I am not very familiar with the mod, but if we were to add it, mining would need to be in line with the overworld. I am also not a fan of teleports (linking books would do that). Loads/unloads a bunch of chunks each time, which can't be the best for the server.

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries are definitely allowed. From a balance perspective, they are in line with turtles and they are expensive enough to make for what extra setup convenience they provide.
Size is what matters here. I would like to limit them to only load 9 chunks as well, so they are in line with other chunk loaders/world anchors. Nine chunks minus some processing/chest space is still a huge quarry.
I am not familiar with frame bores, but the same should be taken into account.

Mystcraft is not currently part of the Mindcrack pack and it's not running on the server. I am not very familiar with the mod, but if we were to add it, mining would need to be in line with the overworld. I am also not a fan of teleports (linking books would do that). Loads/unloads a bunch of chunks each time, which can't be the best for the server.

Thanks. It's hard for me to keep track of which packs have which mods. :) And that seems reasonable. I usually keep my quarries small (and dig with turtles) because it gets the good stuff faster.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated the first post. We decided to enable PvP, because it allows some friendly banter.

Err on the side of caution. If you are not sure the other person will perceive it, leave them alone. Please take screenshots if someone is harassing you and tell me immediately.

rumbletug

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name:
rodras_100

i'm 16 years old. I'm aware that the server is meant for people with 18 years old or more. However, i do think i'm a really mature people, not a troublemaker for sure. Probably most people that would read this would say that i'm too young to say such thing as being a mature person, but i'd like to have a chance, if possible =)

GMT+0, i play when i can, but maybe like 2/3 hours per day

Well, i really like to play with a reliable community. even though i do not know any one from this server, i've read all the comments that people posted here and you guys seem to be not only experienced people with the mods (which i think it's important, after all it's with skilled people that other people can improve, in my point of view) and i really liked the effort you had at updating all the tweaks you've made and explaining why would you do such stuff. Really cool =) but yeah, that's basically it, just want to play with some mature and experienced people, who are nice to everyone else on the server and who can share experiences with me and maybe teach me some new stuff and vice-versa =)

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like we just had our first unresponsive server. Script detected it just fine, but was not properly set up to kill java. That has been fixed now.

The automatic save script will run every 5 minutes and try to restart the server with the last good save, if the server is not responsive.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name:
rodras_100

i'm 16 years old. I'm aware that the server is meant for people with 18 years old or more. However, i do think i'm a really mature people, not a troublemaker for sure. Probably most people that would read this would say that i'm too young to say such thing as being a mature person, but i'd like to have a chance, if possible =)

GMT+0, i play when i can, but maybe like 2/3 hours per day

Well, i really like to play with a reliable community. even though i do not know any one from this server, i've read all the comments that people posted here and you guys seem to be not only experienced people with the mods (which i think it's important, after all it's with skilled people that other people can improve, in my point of view) and i really liked the effort you had at updating all the tweaks you've made and explaining why would you do such stuff. Really cool =) but yeah, that's basically it, just want to play with some mature and experienced people, who are nice to everyone else on the server and who can share experiences with me and maybe teach me some new stuff and vice-versa =)
I appreciate the honesty about your age. As long as you act maturely, we will be fine. Expect to be watched a little more closely until we know you better.
Welcome to the server.

rumbletug

Jul 29, 2019
thanks =) wouldn't expect anything else and i'm actually glad to hear that, after all, safety for the community above anything else =) thanks for adding me to your server, see you ingame =)

ChipBlock2012

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: ChipBlock2012
Rough playtime with timezone: 4-8 hours a day, GMT
Why you would like to join: I love FTB but ssp gets quite boring. I don't like servers with really young kids on as they tend to spam the chat and become immature and annoying. I know I'm 15 but I'm mature for my age haha. :S I know I'm young but meh, give me a chance? :)

Runew0lf

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: Runew0lf
Rough playtime with timezone: anything from 1-8 hours GMT
Why you would like to join: I would love to build and talk with fellow minded people especially in a FTB environment, everything about it is great!

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: ChipBlock2012
Rough playtime with timezone: 4-8 hours a day, GMT
Why you would like to join: I love FTB but ssp gets quite boring. I don't like servers with really young kids on as they tend to spam the chat and become immature and annoying. I know I'm 15 but I'm mature for my age haha. :S I know I'm young but meh, give me a chance? :)
In another post of yours you say you are 14. I think that is a little young and you will not fit in that well. Give it a little bit and see if the other server accepts your application? Their player base age should be closer to yours.[DOUBLEPOST=1358365542][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minecraft name: Runew0lf
Rough playtime with timezone: anything from 1-8 hours GMT
Why you would like to join: I would love to build and talk with fellow minded people especially in a FTB environment, everything about it is great!
Glad to have you.
Welcome to the server.

Obi_Pwn_Kenobi

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: Obi_Pwn_Kenobi

rough playtime with timezone: couple of hours at night after work, central time zone USA.

really looking forword to hearing back. I would love to be on a server with more people my age group

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: Obi_Pwn_Kenobi

rough playtime with timezone: couple of hours at night after work, central time zone USA.

really looking forword to hearing back. I would love to be on a server with more people my age group
Happy to have you. Must, resist, commenting, on username. Oops :)
Welcome to the server.

qwertybeastlove

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: qwertybeastlove
Rough playtime with timezone: An hour or two in the evenings during the week. Anywhere between 2-10 at weekends. GMT UK
Why you would like to join: I've been trying for some time to get the hang of FTB, but its hard to stay motivated on your own. I watch Mindcrackers on a regular basis and I think having a community around me would help massively.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: qwertybeastlove
Rough playtime with timezone: An hour or two in the evenings during the week. Anywhere between 2-10 at weekends. GMT UK
Why you would like to join: I've been trying for some time to get the hang of FTB, but its hard to stay motivated on your own. I watch Mindcrackers on a regular basis and I think having a community around me would help massively.
Welcome to the server.
(Take a look the the first post. Currently using a newer build of IC2, as it supposedly helps with stability issues. Probably going to revert soon, but for now you need it to connect. After some trouble shooting last night I think computercraft was misbehaving and I think it is fixed now. Server has been fine for 12h.)[DOUBLEPOST=1358417687][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minecraft name:colecapps
Rough playtime with timezone:GMT+2 i play about 3 h per day and in weekend 10+
Why you would like to join:I want to try some crazy community machines and I miss de SMP magic :X
I've looked over your other posts. You start out 15 years old, then turn 19, and at some point are 16. I am sorry, but I don't think it is going to be a good fit here.