Whitelist Server Forgotten Beast | v8.2 | Small Community | Mature (18+)

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to restart the server today at 18:30 CET (UTC+1) for some maintenance. Expect about 10 minutes downtime. I am going to give you a heads up ingame before, too.

Raymanxx

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: raymanxx
Rough playtime with timezone: 3-4 hours daily. My time zone is GMT
Why you would like to join: I would like to join because I have played multiple Feed The Beast servers that are public and there is always trouble with griefers and people who steal your items, I believe that a whitelisted server would have little to no griefing and stealing troubles. Public servers also tend to have massive amounts of lag.

Britterik

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: Slugast
Rough playtime with timezone: Some hours a day GMT+1
Why you would like to join: Im tierd of playing singleplayer, would be alot more fun with other players. Im a friendly player so i wont grief and so on :).

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: raymanxx
Rough playtime with timezone: 3-4 hours daily. My time zone is GMT
Why you would like to join: I would like to join because I have played multiple Feed The Beast servers that are public and there is always trouble with griefers and people who steal your items, I believe that a whitelisted server would have little to no griefing and stealing troubles. Public servers also tend to have massive amounts of lag.
Even though it is whitelisted, it is still a good idea to put your valuables in a personal safe or behind a MFFS to be on the safe side.
Welcome to the server.[DOUBLEPOST=1358778370][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minecraft name: Slugast
Rough playtime with timezone: Some hours a day GMT+1
Why you would like to join: Im tierd of playing singleplayer, would be alot more fun with other players. Im a friendly player so i wont grief and so on :).
Welcome to the server.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
The reason for the server restart was to allow me to fix an infinite metal oversight using Thaumcraft and Traincraft steel. As a result, I had to disable the Train workbench from being crafted (TC does not allow disabling of steel).

If anyone wants to make something that requires it, please do not hesitate to tell me. I will either trade the item to you or set up an exchange if there is large demand.

ElectricFetus

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name:ElectricFetus
Rough playtime with timezone: EST
Why you would like to join: I would like to join because I would like to find a great FTB server with a great community too have a good time an improve my skills with the FTB modpack

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name:ElectricFetus
Rough playtime with timezone: EST
Why you would like to join: I would like to join because I would like to find a great FTB server with a great community too have a good time an improve my skills with the FTB modpack
Welcome to the server.

BrickedKeyboard

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: BrickedKeyboard
Rough playtime with timezone: 3-4 hours central
Why you would like to join: I care very much about balance. With this conglomeration of mods, some very in depth gameplay is possible with deep tech trees that gradually allow

unlocking of better and better stuff. However, if settings are left at default, many cheats and exploits destroy most possibilities, allowing for cheap and easy completion of the
game. This is the first server I have seen scanning these forums that has a host who seems to both care about balance and understand the gameplay enough to tweak it.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: BrickedKeyboard
Rough playtime with timezone: 3-4 hours central
Why you would like to join: I care very much about balance. With this conglomeration of mods, some very in depth gameplay is possible with deep tech trees that gradually allow
unlocking of better and better stuff. However, if settings are left at default, many cheats and exploits destroy most possibilities, allowing for cheap and easy completion of the
game. This is the first server I have seen scanning these forums that has a host who seems to both care about balance and understand the gameplay enough to tweak it.
Trying my best to stay on top of things.
Actually still need to update the first post with the latest modification: forge lexicon and dyes. (bonemeal, for example, could be exchanged for a bucket of white dye, which could be smelted back to iron)
Welcome to the server.

BrickedKeyboard

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget the much bigger exploit : you can use the Forge lexicon to convert a crafting table to a gregtech crafting table, then break the gregtech crafting table to get machine parts.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget the much bigger exploit : you can use the Forge lexicon to convert a crafting table to a gregtech crafting table, then break the gregtech crafting table to get machine parts.
Updated the config. Thanks for the heads up. :)
Can't wait for the pack to update. Omnitools is going to change to whitelist.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
So, trying to update to v8. Quite unimpressed by the quality of the update.

I am getting the following message (http://pastebin.com/CUwHbeNY). This is why I am hesitant to update at the moment.

Unfortunately, I have to get some sleep tonight. There is a test server running on port 25564 with the current map and the new version. I would like to ask everyone to check if their stuff is in order or if they are missing something.

One thing I already noticed is that alvearies are empty.
You need the latest version of IC2 to connect (for whatever reason FTB decided not to update IC2).
http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/206/artifact/packages/industrialcraft-2_1.114.206-lf.jar

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to upgrade to v8, because even though there were ID mismatch errors, the items in question looked fine on the testserver.

I can start up the v7 world to investigate if items are missing, so please do not hesitate to tell me if something is off/missing.

The update fixes some cheaty ways, but also adds new content. If you come across anything that looks wrong, I would appreciate a heads up.

matic

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: Collosimo
Rough playtime with timezone:I play about 1-2 hours per, I'm in centeral urope timezone
Why you would like to join: I want to join the server, becos I want to have some grait time by playng minecraft, and I hope this server is a looooot better , than all the other servers (that are not white list) ;) thanks aloooot by The robo Collosimo :)

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: Collosimo
Rough playtime with timezone:I play about 1-2 hours per, I'm in centeral urope timezone
Why you would like to join: I want to join the server, becos I want to have some grait time by playng minecraft, and I hope this server is a looooot better , than all the other servers (that are not white list) ;) thanks aloooot by The robo Collosimo :)
Welcome to the server.
May you find a nice place to settle and have fun. :)

azido

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft name: zidmaster
Rough playtime with timezone: I am playing rughly 2 hours per day. My time zone is central Eurpe
Why you would like to join: I would like to have a good time playing minecraft without lagging and grifing and all that stuff so that is why i would like to play on a server that is not open to everybody. I have quite lot of experience at feed the beast mod pack so I would really appreciate if you would let me play here thx
Zidmaster

matic

Jul 29, 2019
don't know why, but it dosen't work (i can't conect) and can u write the ip adrass, becos, i am not shure about it. thanks by The robo Collosimo :)

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
don't know why, but it dosen't work (i can't conect) and can u write the ip adrass, becos, i am not shure about it. thanks by The robo Collosimo :)
You need to update IC2 in order to connect (see first post for details).
The domain emptybit.de resolves to 79.143.190.80.[DOUBLEPOST=1359470362][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minecraft name: zidmaster
Rough playtime with timezone: I am playing rughly 2 hours per day. My time zone is central Eurpe
Why you would like to join: I would like to have a good time playing minecraft without lagging and grifing and all that stuff so that is why i would like to play on a server that is not open to everybody. I have quite lot of experience at feed the beast mod pack so I would really appreciate if you would let me play here thx
Zidmaster
Welcome to the server.
Make sure to read the first post if you are having troubles connecting.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Reenabled the diesel generator.

This was a relic of my early balancing that is not really needed. On top of it, the diesel generator now burns more things that the petroleum generator does not.