Fluiducts become invisible

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Something really odd started happening on my server, on this particular spot of our castle. Fluiduct that is transferring UU-matter becomes invisible. Breaking any fluiduct connected to the invisible does break the connected one, but crashes the client. Same if it's done in survival or creative mode. Game doesn't allow placing anything in the invisible spot under no circumstances.

I already once today surrounded the place with cobblestone, so that i can see it in MCEdit and delete the entity data. It fixed it that time, but now it happened again... :mad: I'm not so worried about the client crash, but more on the invisibility bug that is the main cause.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8hIQ0yL.png

Server is using Direwolf pack 1.0.14, and Thermal Expansion is 3.0.0.2.
I have 5GB RAM, and 1.4GB or so allocated to both server and client.

This i get on client when removing a pipe:

Edit: Oops, put wrong crashlog at first.

Attachments

• crash-2014-02-13_01.08.30-client.txt
    33.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you are running the client & server from your system then try moving your save to ssp world and see if it still happens. Also if you only have 5gb total ram then running a server and client will cause you problems with lack of ram.

Also please post the log to pastebin.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Can you duplicate this with AM2 uninstalled?
Yeah, i disabled AM2 from server and client, and the fluiduct is still invisible.

I have also upgraded my hardware a bit, to 16GB RAM and 8-core 3.5GHz cpu, and have increased max RAM allowances for Java accordingly.

(Oh, the duct works though. Liquid does go through it and servo in it is working, even though i can't see or control it anymore.)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i disabled AM2 from server and client, and the fluiduct is still invisible.

I have also upgraded my hardware a bit, to 16GB RAM and 8-core 3.5GHz cpu, and have increased max RAM allowances for Java accordingly.

(Oh, the duct works though. Liquid does go through it and servo in it is working, even though i can't see or control it anymore.)

Can you replace it? The AM2 bug tends to make them permanently invisible until replaced... take a backup first of course.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Can you replace it? The AM2 bug tends to make them permanently invisible until replaced... take a backup first of course.
Done, had to put the cobble markers around again because it looks like terrible wireframe mess otherwise. It worked until i relogged my character to server. AM2 is still disabled, so the cause might be something else.

Also it's not just missing textures, not even Waila can show tooltip there, the cursor is just going through it to blocks behind it.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Done, had to put the cobble markers around again because it looks like terrible wireframe mess otherwise. It worked until i relogged my character to server. AM2 is still disabled, so the cause might be something else.

Also it's not just missing textures, not even Waila can show tooltip there, the cursor is just going through it to blocks behind it.

Hmm... thats odd. And y'all do not have the railcraft hidden block on? This is the first report of that happening without AM2 installed or RC hidden block.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really know about the hidden block. I don't use anything from Railcraft i think, and it should be using default config from DW 1.0.14 pack regards to that.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really know about the hidden block. I don't use anything from Railcraft i think, and it should be using default config from DW 1.0.14 pack regards to that.

Any Thaumcraft Arcane Lamps or FZ wrath Lamps near by?

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Not those lamps in this castle, but i realized that i do have some Railcraft at least. 2 Steam boilers and turbines. Also most of the upper castle is built with bricks from RC...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Not those lamps in this castle, but i realized that i do have some Railcraft at least. 2 Steam boilers and turbines. Also most of the upper castle is built with bricks from RC...

The DW default has the hidden block off. Is 1.0.14 the first time you have had this happen?

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I can't downgrade, after server loaded the world it crashes with:
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at forestry.core.genetics.Chromosome.getActiveAllele(Chromosome.java:70)
    at forestry.core.genetics.Genome.getActiveAllele(Genome.java:73)
    at appeng.proxy.helpers.ForestryGeneticsComparison.<init>(ForestryGeneticsComparison.java:22)
    at appeng.proxy.helpers.ForestryGeneticsProvider.getComparison(ForestryGeneticsProvider.java:18)
    at appeng.common.registries.AppEngSpecialComparisonRegistry.getSpecialComparion(AppEngSpecialComparisonRegistry.java:28)
I don't even get it, forestry is same version as before and i also tried with magicbees-2.1.11.jar since that talks about chromosomes. But this was a test on separate folder so no harm done.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I can't downgrade, after server loaded the world it crashes with:
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at forestry.core.genetics.Chromosome.getActiveAllele(Chromosome.java:70)
    at forestry.core.genetics.Genome.getActiveAllele(Genome.java:73)
    at appeng.proxy.helpers.ForestryGeneticsComparison.<init>(ForestryGeneticsComparison.java:22)
    at appeng.proxy.helpers.ForestryGeneticsProvider.getComparison(ForestryGeneticsProvider.java:18)
    at appeng.common.registries.AppEngSpecialComparisonRegistry.getSpecialComparion(AppEngSpecialComparisonRegistry.java:28)
I don't even get it, forestry is same version as before and i also tried with magicbees-2.1.11.jar since that talks about chromosomes. But this was a test on separate folder so no harm done.

... ummm...