Flesh Craft, what happened?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO, yeah we haven't got texture into the mod and we dont have that many visual, But WHY do you need visuals? We have shown progress over time and we have been coding a lot, we are taking are time because we want it to be good, if that means we won't have visuals until the very end I am A OK about that, as long as it works the way its intened and even more I'm satisfied with showing everything at the last minute.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO, yeah we haven't got texture into the mod and we dont have that many visual, But WHY do you need visuals? We have shown progress over time and we have been coding a lot, we are taking are time because we want it to be good, if that means we won't have visuals until the very end I am A OK about that, as long as it works the way its intened and even more I'm satisfied with showing everything at the last minute.
Visuals are useful for two reasons:
1. They create more hype than your random chatter about stuff.
2. They show that there is actually progress in the mod beyond "We are getting stuff done". It actually proves that the mod isn't dead.

Reactions: Padfoote

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Visuals are useful for two reasons:
1. They create more hype than your random chatter about stuff.
2. They show that there is actually progress in the mod beyond "We are getting stuff done". It actually proves that the mod isn't dead.
A picture of code could do the same thing with the logic of proves the mod isnt dead.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
now i feel as though all the people being annoyed is all my fault -_- *goes to the cellar where i keep my friend* WORK FASTER HARDER MOOOOR MOOOOOOOOR :3

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
@Derpysauce I don't blame you at all. I well and truly blame only @SkeletonPunk for this. I have only seem him going on about HYPE HYPE HYPE for the mod, and he's doing damage that may never be undone.
No, I ain't saying he's breaking things or ruining things. I'm saying he's trying to build up hype, fullstop. It doesn't work that way. Azanor knows how to generate Hype, and IIRC Vaskii has a guide on Hype and mods. In short, generate a bit of hype, and if the mod is great, the hype will compound without effort but can't damage your image quite so much as generating too much hype yourself.
It's the same reason why the best marketing system isn't radio, TV, or sidebars... because you need word of mouth. Nothing else really matters. Those ads only exist to get people to give it and shot. Word of mouth is what makes or breaks a product, service, and yes, a mod.
A teaser is way more enticing then a blurb, even if it's by a dev.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
@Derpysauce I don't blame you at all. I well and truly blame only @SkeletonPunk for this. I have only seem him going on about HYPE HYPE HYPE for the mod, and he's doing damage that may never be undone.
No, I ain't saying he's breaking things or ruining things. I'm saying he's trying to build up hype, fullstop. It doesn't work that way. Azanor knows how to generate Hype, and IIRC Vaskii has a guide on Hype and mods. In short, generate a bit of hype, and if the mod is great, the hype will compound without effort but can't damage your image quite so much as generating too much hype yourself.
It's the same reason why the best marketing system isn't radio, TV, or sidebars... because you need word of mouth. Nothing else really matters. Those ads only exist to get people to give it and shot. Word of mouth is what makes or breaks a product, service, and yes, a mod.
i have not said anything about hype for a LONG time. And if i do metion hype, its because the others on the convo have mentioned it, so lets not get confused here. I honestly don't care about hype at all. So dont act like all i care about is hype. I am just the coder and a friend of the guys who made the idea. And it quite frankly angers me that you would say that all i care about is something like hype. Don't assume thats what i care about.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
i have not said anything about hype for a LONG time. And if i do metion hype, its because the others on the convo have mentioned it, so lets not get confused here. I honestly don't care about hype at all. So dont act like all i care about is hype. I am just the coder and a friend of the guys who made the idea. And it quite frankly angers me that you would say that all i care about is something like hype. Don't assume thats what i care about.
My bad, got you and ThatOneSlowking mixed up. Still, get off the hype train, y'all. It's bad, m'kay?

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
*was going to say something that would make me laugh but realised that would be bad* IMPROVMENT
But what I meant by it was the fact that you wanted to see not hear I could more than likely help with the textures if I was more on task with my friend.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
*was going to say something that would make me laugh but realised that would be bad* IMPROVMENT
But what I meant by it was the fact that you wanted to see not hear I could more than likely help with the textures if I was more on task with my friend.
Look, all I'm getting at is this: Hype is hard to make if all you do is talk. And it's easy to ruin it if you talk too much, or even at all. Hype can be good, but it's a double edge sword. It can help, or just as easily harm. The best amount of hype for all situations is zero hype. If a mod is easily forgettable, but not crap, hype doesn't really help, but lack of it only can harm your ego if no one uses it. Crap mod? Any hype can ruin your image, if you made the hype or not. Great mod? You don't even need hype, it'll generate it's own via word of mouth.

Again... show, don't tell. Teasers, not details. Images, not explanations. Less is way, WAY more. Unless you have zero, in which case it's only a bit more.