Flesh Craft-Mod In Progress

Ineterested?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Are you guys trying to make this a real ai which we can't make with java and minecraft...
No just a very extensive point based system of negative and positive values multiple of these graphs all coralating together with a few graphs being randomly chosen but still able to be influenced for example you roll a dice that's completely random but then you roll it again this time you get to replace 2 sides with any number (1-6) this way it's still random just now you have more control

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
No just a very extensive point based system of negative and positive values multiple of these graphs all coralating together with a few graphs being randomly chosen but still able to be influenced for example you roll a dice that's completely random but then you roll it again this time you get to replace 2 sides with any number (1-6) this way it's still random just now you have more control
Ummm.... Wat?

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Ummm.... Wat?
-_- here's a metaphor the graph is like streams individually they are weak but when they flow together they accomplish something the streams being the individual atribute bars and the accomplishment is how the brain acts
And with the dice thing it's like this instead of picking a number betwean 1 and 100 it's 1 and 56 or 47 and 89 etc

Xovvo

Jul 29, 2019
Are you guys trying to make this a real ai which we can't make with java and minecraft...

Actually, AI in games is usually super simple, but has either complex consequences or is combined with audio cues or player expectations in such a way that the player thinks the AI is smarter than it actually is.

For this mod, the AI can operate on a few scalar values that will give weight to different options in a decision tree, and depending on how the specifics of that shake out, the mod will have a relatively simple AI that the player reads as being more complex than it actually is.

I should probably mention that I've been toying with the idea of how the AI would work since I first read the thread.
The actual developers probably have other ideas.

Reactions: SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, AI in games is usually super simple, but has either complex consequences or is combined with audio cues or player expectations in such a way that the player thinks the AI is smarter than it actually is.

For this mod, the AI can operate on a few scalar values that will give weight to different options in a decision tree, and depending on how the specifics of that shake out, the mod will have a relatively simple AI that the player reads as being more complex than it actually is.

I should probably mention that I've been toying with the idea of how the AI would work since I first read the thread.
The actual developers probably have other ideas.
I like the idea a lot. Its not that complicated and still leaves gives the feeling of free choice when really it just has a set answers to multiple responses. I will try to keep this in mind once me and solomon get to coding the brain

Xovvo

Jul 29, 2019
It would also have the advantage of being modular, and would also allow mod-integration to go a lot smoother--assuming the recipes from the other mods can be made "invisible" to the AI unless it is interfaced with a machine from that mod.

I, for one, would love to see what an AI would do with Galacticraft or the Fusion reactor in Reactorcraft.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well it might regulate a fusion reactor, and if done wrong/right it may cause mutations, which give you random appendages, but increases its madness level.

Xovvo

Jul 29, 2019
Well it might regulate a fusion reactor, and if done wrong/right it may cause mutations, which give you random appendages, but increases its madness level.
I imaging giving it a fusion reactor to play with would keep a smart and independent AI happy and not bored, since it's a complex task.

I get the feeling this mod and rotarycraft/Mekanism are going to be BEST friends.

"Dude, how is your AI so well behaved?"
"I gave it, like, 11 different nuclear plants to play with. It just sorta ignores me now, except to demand more uranium."

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I imaging giving it a fusion reactor to play with would keep a smart and independent AI happy and not bored, since it's a complex task.

I get the feeling this mod and rotarycraft/Mekanism are going to be BEST friends.

"Dude, how is your AI so well behaved?"
"I gave it, like, 11 different nuclear plants to play with. It just sorta ignores me now, except to demand more uranium."

Funny, I'd expect it to try to kill everyone with the reactors. I know I would. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MoosyDoosy

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Funny, I'd expect it to try to kill everyone with the reactors. I know I would. :D
Depending on how you treat it. We plan a complex system where to much for it makes it treat you like a slabe and helping it, but not too much, will make it obey you

Status
Not open for further replies.