Fland mod + chisel?

Boozfob

Jul 29, 2019
First of, i realize this is probably not the right category in the forum but i didnt really find any better place to post this.

Okay so i have some problems with my homemade modpack, chisel and flans wont work together.

When i try to make a modern weapon box it says i need chiseled iron blocks, with the ID 2790
46f1dd06ee237d6546fe678b6bc8b552.png

But when i try to chisel the iron blocks it just gives me the normal minecraft iron blocks (ID 42)
(every other verision of the block gets the 2790 id)
ccb3799ad50f4b9ad52208d1a688f700.gif

So i went in to the configs for my client and server and tried to change this
5288abfe3199be98e9acd767c31bc39e.png
and
8bc41e46b94b6458207106e9cd69dcab.png
I tried all 4 possible combinations of these settings but nothing works.
I still get normal iron blocks after chiseling the iron blocks and flans mod still wants chiseled blocks.

I know the mindcrack guys have this working so i downloaded the AT launcher and downloaded their pack and checked the config and they have the first option to true and the second one to false.

But that doesnt work for me for some reason.

I also tried to add wwwwww before the name on the chisel mod (server side) to try to load the chisel mod last but that doesnt seem to work either.

It would be perfect if i could craft iron blocks so they get the ID 42 and then when i put them in the chisel tool they would get the ID 2790. (I think that is how it is supposed to work?)

So i really need some help with this, Thanks in advance and sorry for my grammar.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
no, no,no,no. I mean just using iron blocks to craft the flans doohickey. I can't explain technically, but sometimes mods that use blocks with have their name as part of the display information. It doesn't mean anything in crafting in most cases.

In other words, did you actually just use plain old vanilla iron blocks to craft the thing? I probably would work. Or did you assume you needed to chisel them first and not even try using vanilla iron blocks?

change everything back to what it was and just use regular vanilla iron blocks and try to craft with it.

Boozfob

Jul 29, 2019
no, no,no,no. I mean just using iron blocks to craft the flans doohickey. I can't explain technically, but sometimes mods that use blocks with have their name as part of the display information. It doesn't mean anything in crafting in most cases.

In other words, did you actually just use plain old vanilla iron blocks to craft the thing? I probably would work. Or did you assume you needed to chisel them first and not even try using vanilla iron blocks?

change everything back to what it was and just use regular vanilla iron blocks and try to craft with it.

Thats what i tried first, i didnt even realize it said chisel first

Reactions: RedBoss

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Flans is quite buggy and not very compatible with other mods, I wouldn't really recommend it for modpacks.
But as Boss said, MineTweaker! :)

BTW, this thread is in the right section! :p

Boozfob

Jul 29, 2019
Flans is quite buggy and not very compatible with other mods, I wouldn't really recommend it for modpacks.
But as Boss said, MineTweaker! :)

BTW, this thread is in the right section! :p

Do you think that
Code:
minetweaker.remove(<2790:0>);
would work?
I dont wanna try stuff that doesnt work because the playerrs dont want downtime :p

Reactions: RealSketch

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im glad someone pointed this out, I have flans mod installed too as decoration options for a modern build. The vehicles just arent functional for anything else. Anyway after seeing this thread I took a closer look and many of the flans recipes are messed up by this uncraftable iron block. Its because flans recipes are handled in a weird way if you open up the simple parts pack you can see they are just text docs. They are referencing iron blocks not the item ID which is where everything is going wrong. Should be easy to edit the recipes via the text docs, its made this way for that reason.

All this would be a non issue if chisel blocks were ore dictionary compatible, which would be nice even without flans mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Do you think that
Code:
minetweaker.remove(<2790:0>);
would work?
I dont wanna try stuff that doesnt work because the playerrs dont want downtime :p

It might, but I would try using it to change the recipe to require the correct version of iron blocks instead.

Boozfob

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm this is how it looks

e7b5303864941a3119cf82e0a30ff800.png

would changing the iron to 42 work? (I dont want unnecessary downtime)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im probably going with minetweaker, either by adding a new recipe for the block or adding ore dictionary compatibility. Tried to do that last one just now but I must have derped.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm this is how it looks

e7b5303864941a3119cf82e0a30ff800.png

would changing the iron to 42 work? (I dont want unnecessary downtime)

Iron blocks in flans have to designated blockIron. It's kind of a clunky design but you need to use the name in the item that's "in it's code" whatever that means.
If you wan to use the chisel iron blocks you need to figure out what chisel calls the iron block internally.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Its called blockIron, thats the problem. And I cant seem to figure out how to use minetweaker. There comes a point when a mod just isnt worth the effort...