Mac Fix for launcher on mac (Minecraft crashes immediately)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not the launcher. its forge. The forge was made for a 1.4.7 jar and it is detecting a 1.4.6 jar. go to where you keep the files. so if you are using the all i have created. Here for Mac the it is in the Content>Resources>Java>(Mod Pack The Problem Is IN)>minecraft>bin. Delete the bin file and when you reload the ModPack it will ask you to Update ModPack say yes. This should fix the problem.
I'd take that link down if I were you. The FTB team doesn't like it when the launcher is redistributed.

kuroh83

Jul 29, 2019
done the code thing
but it says Unable to access jarfile FTB_Launcher.jar
What should I do?
Pls help me

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
done the code thing
but it says Unable to access jarfile FTB_Launcher.jar
What should I do?
Pls help me

It sounds like your issue is that you're not navigating to the directory with your FTB launcher before telling it to launch. For instance, it might be looking for your launcher on your desktop when it's in, say, your "random stuffs" folder on your desktop.

Griffen8280

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys I created an apple script and shell command to go with it. To get this working put it in the directory where you installed your FTB and Launcher. Open the FTB_Launcher.sh shell command with Xcode or whatever simple text editor you can and change the %yourname% portion with the name of the user folder you installed it in. Do the same with the script file located in the zip, however after modifying it make sure to save it as an application and you will be able to double click it and run the launcher. For example

/Users/Griffen8280/FTB/ is the name of my user folder where I have all the FTB stuff stored. It is a good idea to store it all in one spot as once you change the names on the script file and the .sh file you will only need the script file to open the launcher with no problems. Hope this helps anyone out there and good luck.

Dropbox link to the files you will need to modify and use:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6r8omm44vdy0tl/FTB Launcher.zip

Random5014

Jul 29, 2019
People the solution is simple.
1. Download Java SE Jar Bundler
2. Download the Feed The Beast jar file
3. Open the jar bundler and select the FTB jar
4. Save the application to the Desktop and bundle
5. Move the new FTB launcher to the applications folder and run the game

All files will save to the destination you give just like in the regular launcher. If you update the launcher it will replace the old jar file with the new
Like this post and rate it up so everybody to see it trust me it is the simplest way.

Reactions: Van_Tastic

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Mac fix for the launcher: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...lack-screen-does-not-load-after-splash-screen

Mac can't use Java 7 due to it being broken with LWJGL, and some forge compatibilities (Not sure on the 2nd)

You should add links to the Java 6 downloads, since it is possible for the user to not have Java 6 installed.
Java 6 for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1573
Java 6 for OS X 10.7 Lion+: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572

Taylah

Jul 29, 2019
mine says unable to access jarfile FTB_Launcher.jar in terminal after i follow all of the steps?? please help

MobMiners

Jul 29, 2019
It is known that the mac launcher does not work, minecraft crashes on launch.

To fix it run
Code:
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home
in terminal just before launching the launcher from terminal.

or

You can download an app file <coming> to do this for you
can you give me step by step because i can not find ftb and i have absolutely no clue i really need your help please. Thanks if you can help me. :)

The Exerosis Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
The full process for launching properly is
  1. Save the launcher jar on the Desktop in a folder called ftb
  2. Open terminal and type

Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/ftb/
    export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home
    java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar
  3. The launcher should launch and work properly

I made a new mac FTB Launcher that should fix the problem using your code try this. sadly the icon wont work through the download:)

(Please don't re-host the launcher. It is quite frowned upon. ~Morvy)

dabieb

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to take the easy way you go into your utilities folder and go to java preferences and move the 6.0 to the top and it will work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.