Feedback needed - Regarding FTB Infinity lite 1.10

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Options for potential name change

• Leave everything as it is, its all fine.

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Rename the pack to Infinity 2. As this is an easier naming convention to understand.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Rename the pack to something completely new

Votes: 57 51.4%
  • Leave this pack as it is, but change the name for Infinity Evolved when it comes out.

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The long response time is primarily because the actual decision on what to do going forward was only made recently. I do tweet regularly on the FTB account, although it is primarily responses to questions and concerns, what kind of content would you like to see posted there? The Newsletter was posted just recently, I'll grant that they have been a bit thin on the ground lately but that is because there hasn't been that much to talk about.

Reactions: JaRyCu

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What I didn't like was that they posted it and then had absolutely no follow-up. Today's response was 2-3 weeks after my questioning of the results and seeming inaction. Ever since the Curse merger or whatever it was, FTB has gotten really silent and inactive from what we can see. Their Twitter feed rarely updates, the semi-monthly newsletter hasn't been published in months...It's like they're slowly fading away.

I appreciated the response this morning from Quetzi. Even that took 2+ weeks though.
Greetings JaryCU
Bear in mind that just because they don't have a visible-to-the-end-user follow-up doesn't mean they don't have followups internally. I conduct polls at my software company sometimes to figure out feature decisions. I don't post the results of those polls. Frankly: its none of their business what everyone else who uses the software thinks.

Also, since we don't pay them, we don't really "deserve" any kind of published updates. Take the free gaming you get every few months and be happy with it friend :)

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
The long response time is primarily because the actual decision on what to do going forward was only made recently. I do tweet regularly on the FTB account, although it is primarily responses to questions and concerns, what kind of content would you like to see posted there? The Newsletter was posted just recently, I'll grant that they have been a bit thin on the ground lately but that is because there hasn't been that much to talk about.

There have been things and developments over the last few months that could've been posted, but weren't. Feed the Beast, by it's very nature, relies on the community of modders to create things that can then be used to create content packs, right? Well, I've managed to piece together information from all over the place that is updated every 2-3 days concerning advancements in the modding community. Vazkii makes constant updates to Botania, Quark, and his other properties. Azanor is diligently working on Thaumcraft. I know that the team behind Thermal Dynamics is readying something for 1.10/11. Elucent has come out with amazing mods (Roots, Embers, etc.) for 1.10+.

Since the entire modding community is in an in-between place while we wait for a stable Minecraft version that's going to last a while, like 1.7.10 did, perhaps FTB could focus and do spotlights on the various mod authors and help the community at large to get an idea of what's going on. I constantly follow the forums here, the Official MC Forums, the FTB Reddit, and various things on YouTube & Twitter so that I can see what's going on. I'm also taking part in several modpack development communities behind the scenes as well via Curse & Discord. As an "official FTB guy," I know that you have a heck of a lot more in the way of contacts and sources than I do, and I'm sure that some or maybe even a lot of them would like the exposure that the FTB newsletter could give to their projects.

Heck, if you need the help of a self-taught, middle-aged hack of a writer, I'd even be willing to help out with a venture like this. :D

And @Pyure, I am very grateful for the free gaming that I get from the FTB staff. That's why this whole thing has gotten to me - they've been strangely quiet with 1.8/9/10/11 and I don't really want to see such an awesome group just fall off of the face of the planet.

Reactions: Pyure

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Actually, @JaRyCu, Minecraft was better and more stable in the final releases 1.8.9 and 1.9.4 than 1.7.10... Both were faster and added new mechanics to boot. It was some of the Modding Community that delayed upgrading, primarily because of major changes between 1.7 and 1.8 Minecraft. FtB decided that 1.10.2 would be the base of FtB packs for the foreseeable future because of the ease in porting 1.8 mods to 1.9 mods to 1.10 mods.

Although there are few players there now due to a lack of things to test (DW20 has over a hundred half-hour YouTube videos), the Forge Server is probably still running a bunch of 1.9.4 mods, and has since the day they just upgraded Vanilla to 1.10.2 underneath the whole server to see what would happen. There were just a couple of issues that were quickly solved.

Right now it looks even easier to port existing mods to 1.11... The Forge Loader team had Forge up in record time and have posted messages that they are taking this time to clean up and optimize Forge to remove support for older versions of Java. Going forward Java 1.8.x will be required. Performance should see a good boost.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
It is simply another case of someone thinking they are entitled to more than they are. We are fortunate to have such a great team of developers at FTB and MC in general. The simple fact is these are people who are developing these mods because of their love for the game. They don't get paid and don't owe us anything.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Pardon my confusion... but how exactly do you see jarycu as being "entitled"? I see it as being concerned that the thread was silent when they asked for feedback.

He didn't say "tell me what the name is going to be!" He asked why it seemed feedback was being ignored. Liking the post from quetzi ,as jarcyu stated,was a simple gesture of gratitude for letting people know they were actually heard.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
I didn't read the initial concerns as those coming from a sense of entitlement in honesty, though sometimes that is the case ^^ It was fairly valid criticism and a certain amount of 'anxiety' about the apparent lack of activity is understandable. The situation as it stands right now is that there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, both directly and indirectly related to FTB. The Curse buyout has meant that we've had a bunch of admin stuff to sort out which has taken the focus off other areas, fortunately being between versions the impact has been less apparent than it otherwise might have been. Along with that there are sideprojects being worked on currently that we can't yet share details on. We've been very busy but there hasn't been much 'FTB' news to announce.

I totally agree about shining the spotlight on some mod creators, you'll notice in the last newsletter McJty was promoted as a featured content creator for his modding work, something I hope we can continue to do albeit with a bit more substance in future.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Shrug, differences in the way people perceive things. I read it as I expect an update and I expect it now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Shrug, differences in the way people perceive things. I read it as I expect an update and I expect it now.
Took me a while to parse this. I stared at your comment for a while before I decided you weren't demanding updates. You were, I believe, actually simply saying "I read it as: 'I expect an update and I expect it now'" (with quotation marks around somebody else you were quoting/paraphrasing).

I'm glad I didn't leap to any conclusions there and I wonder if there's a lesson to be learned from that.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I didn't read the initial concerns as those coming from a sense of entitlement in honesty, though sometimes that is the case ^^ It was fairly valid criticism and a certain amount of 'anxiety' about the apparent lack of activity is understandable. .... I totally agree about shining the spotlight on some mod creators, you'll notice in the last newsletter McJty was promoted as a featured content creator for his modding work, something I hope we can continue to do albeit with a bit more substance in future.

I'm very glad you took my comment as it was intended, and again, I do appreciate the responses from you today. Until your post today, I honestly wasn't even aware the a new newsletter had been release. I don't generally enter the forums from the front page since I tend to hang out in the Community Showcase subforum, and Curse doesn't give an easy-to-find space to the newsletter like the FTB launcher did. When you posted that there was a new one, I immediately dropped back and read it.

I'm glad I didn't leap to any conclusions there and I wonder if there's a lesson to be learned from that.

Perception is everything. @Reddis I don't recall ever having interacted with you in the forums where I tend to post, but I've interacted with @Scottly318 and @Pyure many times. They both have a pretty good feel for my sarcasm and style of posting, so I think they understood more of where I was coming from than you did. I don't say that to call you out, though! I say that as a reminder to me and people like me that, while we might be known in our little corners of the Interwebz, we're not known everywhere. Next time I'll be more careful in the way that I word things so that I do my best not to give off the wrong perception of my statements.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Took me a while to parse this. I stared at your comment for a while before I decided you weren't demanding updates. You were, I believe, actually simply saying "I read it as: 'I expect an update and I expect it now'" (with quotation marks around somebody else you were quoting/paraphrasing).

Proper punctuation can make a huge difference in both readability and tone. It's so hard sometimes to parse tone, even with best efforts and grammar.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Proper punctuation can make a huge difference in both readability and tone. It's so hard sometimes to parse tone, even with best efforts and grammar.

Benny Hill had a skit on this very subject. Can you spot the difference between:

"Look! In the road ahead!"
-and-
"Look! In the road! A head!"

Have a good day, all :D

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Please, anyone help me. The modpack crash on start.

2017-02-13 00:46:38,555 WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
2017-02-13 00:46:38,557 WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 12.18.3.2221 for Minecraft 1.10.2 loading
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_80, running on Windows 8.1:amd64:6.3, installed at C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: aroma1997/core/coremod/CoreMod : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:117)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:564)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:425)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:255)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:102)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:79)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:41)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:138)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:106]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[00:46:38] [main/ERROR] [FML]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at C:\Users\Maicon\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Infinity Lite 1.10 for Forge Mod Loader
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: aroma1997/core/coremod/CoreMod : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:117) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_80]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:564) ~[forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2221.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:425) ~[forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2221.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:255) ~[forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2221.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:102) [forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2221.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:79) [forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2221.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:41) [forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2221.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:138) [forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2221.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Exception in thread "main" [00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: aroma1997/core/coremod/CoreMod : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:117)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:564)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:425)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:255)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:102)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:79)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:41)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:138)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)
[00:46:38] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
For the love of God, Man, use pastebin. A spoiler tag wouldn't hurt either. Majority of people will look at all that spam and just ignore it. Myself included.