Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt-O

Jul 29, 2019
If you are so upset then why don't you go tell her or go help her ? Unless your going to do something useful shut your mouth. Modders have no obligation to do anything its THEIRS not the communities not yours not mine. If they want to stop and not tell anybody then guess what its their mod and their life. Nobody signed a contract saying i have to keep this mod out for years and keep it updated, or give it to somebody else to port and keep up the work. Guess what RP2 is gone for now, move on to something else, many mods have died and something else has come out so do what most of us did and MOVE ON ! Its a game, not a thing of life.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Yo Capt O. Eloraam will not allow anyone to help her with code.

Next up the true source of redpower outrage is people like the mod and would like info even if it was she is done with redpower. But she give no info an takes no help yet fanboys yet to grasp real world defend her.

It would be as if you took your car to get gas yet the credit card machine was not working you could go inside and use the atm get cash and pay for gas or you can just dive next door and use machines and pumps next door. If your machines at the pump don't work long enough your out of selling gas at your store cause people will stop comming eventually.

All people want is a simple I am done with mod making, I have finished version x ,or even a twitter once ever two weeks saying swamped at work hope to work on rp2 soon or even tweet still swamped. Not I am releasing version x soon then nothing.

Redpower 2 has not even had a bug fix in 6 months. Her website same.

Also with resources folder and beginning of api work I doubt if redpower 2 will even update in August. So I expect brand new 1.6.1/2/3 ftb packs no later than week of July 22 any later and I will wonder why even deal with ftb. Ideally there should be packs ready by the week of July 15th 2013 since June 27,2013 is the launch of 1.6 for mod developers and July 4th, 2013 is when 1.6.1 will go public.

Capt-O

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower 2 is not a company she has no obligation to tell anybody anything. If she wants she can its up to her, and last time i checked this isn't the redpower 2 site this is the FTB site. And if FTB doesn't want to update to 1.6 right away they have the right. REMEMBER this is people not a company there doesn't have to be a schedule to update mods or mod packs to make sure every person is happy. Slow could just shut the whole thing down with out saying a word, want to know why, cause he can its up to him and he dosen't have to tell anybody.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower 2 is not a company she has no obligation to tell anybody anything. If she wants she can its up to her, and last time i checked this isn't the redpower 2 site this is the FTB site. And if FTB doesn't want to update to 1.6 right away they have the right. REMEMBER this is people not a company there doesn't have to be a schedule to update mods or mod packs to make sure every person is happy. Slow could just shut the whole thing down with out saying a word, want to know why, cause he can its up to him and he dosen't have to tell anybody.

Actually it looks like he might have finally given up on wating on Soaryn (Xycraft) and that would probaly also include Eloraam (Redpower).

1. N M@NJM1564 To
    @Slowpoke101 Is it really prudent to make the new pack the primary one when apparently Xycraft for 1.6 will kill the worlds again.
    Expand
  2. Slowpoke101 To
    @NJM1564 how would a mod that we dont have in the pack kill worlds?
    Expand
  3. N M@NJM1564 To
    @Slowpoke101 I assume it'll be eventually added. Ether it is or isn't. ether way your going to have an argument on your hands.
    Expand
  4. Slowpoke101@Slowpoke101 To
    @NJM1564 At some point however you have to stop waiting on mod updates.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Capt o does the o stand for obtuse? Redpower may not be a business for money. But it is a contract of life.
So you're keeping your server up for life. Even when you're dead, you'll have made plans to keep your server up and running, right? After all, it's a contract of life and you owe your community. Even if they quit - they may want to come back, so you'll have your server running 24/7 - until the end of the universe right?

No? But you're obligated for life here. You owe it to anyone that's ever signed on to your server.

And you call Capt-O obtuse? Pot, meet Kettle.

If you tell you mom/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/child/next door neighbor/person passing you in the street you'll push that walk button on the street soon yet the lights cycle. 6 times before you even look at the button.
One problem Sherlock: By YOU'RE OWN ADMISSION, you're saying if you push that walk button, you'll be there every time to push the walk button. After all, it's a contract of life, right?

Also if you watch people that have somewhat direct lines to here she went dark there too.
And you know why she went dark? Because of morons that can't seem to figure out she's under no obligation to do anything.

Judging from the bad grammar - you got banned and created a new name?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
And you know why she went dark? Because of morons that can't seem to figure out she's under no obligation to do anything

This just this. ^

Seriously just keep complaining guys. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if she simply discontinued Redpower all together. And I for one wouldn't blame her one bit. In fact I would applaud her for finally putting her foot down on the matter and ending it once and for all.
Though I would be sad to see it go.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
shes still working on it if you check her twitter its taking longer than she expected chill guys its coming
Honestly, I doubt it. 1.6 is around the corner, so why bother. And she's said a couple times she's been really busy at work (part of why it's taking so long). If I were her, I'd stop all together.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
I have wondered if Elo has an account under a different name, just so she can listen and post without people knowing it is her. Like maybe Sephirothtm is Elo, and trying to tell people that RP2 is coming, but without everyone having and Elo-sighting.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I have wondered if Elo has an account under a different name, just so she can listen and post without people knowing it is her. Like maybe Sephirothtm is Elo, and trying to tell people that RP2 is coming, but without everyone having and Elo-sighting.

LOL I've kinda wondered that about a lot of individuals. But never too seriously. :p

Mathjazz. aka Notch. AKA Herobrine. AKA bob. :p

Molten

Jul 29, 2019

In all seriousness, I would be surprised if she pays the slightest attention to this circus.

Reactions: Geekomancer

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
In all seriousness, I would be surprised if she pays the slightest attention to this circus.

I like to think she just spends most of her time unplugged when at home, just to stay away from all the crap she unfairly gets online. When at work, she probably stays well on task, just to ensure she stays away from it there as well.

Tim_NZ

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why this thread hasn't been locked or deleted yet. All it's doing is feeding trolls.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why this thread hasn't been locked or deleted yet. All it's doing is feeding trolls.

Because it's best to keep them all in one place. If we block this, they'll all spill into the rest of the forums. Think of it like a cup completely filled with water on a tray. You put a ball in the cup to block it up, half the water spills out onto the tray.

Damn water...

Tim_NZ

Jul 29, 2019
Because it's best to keep them all in one place. If we block this, they'll all spill into the rest of the forums. Think of it like a cup completely filled with water on a tray. You put a ball in the cup to block it up, half the water spills out onto the tray.

Damn water...

I.... think that is the most positive reply I have ever read. And I see your point.

Reactions: Nerixel

Heckuvamocha

Jul 29, 2019
This just this. ^

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if she simply discontinued Redpower all together. And I for one wouldn't blame her one bit. In fact I would applaud her for finally putting her foot down on the matter and ending it once and for all.
Though I would be sad to see it go.

^ Amen. I sometimes hope she's already finished updating RP2 and is just keeping it for herself to spite all of these trolls crying about her "obligations to her fans." I like to imagine her reading these forum pages and smirking as she watches items flow through pneumatic tubes on the other monitor.

Reactions: Nerixel

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
^ Amen. I sometimes hope she's already finished updating RP2 and is just keeping it for herself to spite all of these trolls crying about her "obligations to her fans." I like to imagine her reading these forum pages and smirking as she watches items flow through pneumatic tubes on the other monitor.

Pretty sure on her other monitor Zombies with RP logic impants constuct mega sorting systems in huge underground labyrinths, where villagers also write fourth code programs that control secrect disused volcanos that manufacture wind sails and motors.

Either that, or the other monitor is for MFR.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure on her other monitor Zombies with RP logic impants constuct mega sorting systems in huge underground labyrinths, where villagers also write fourth code programs that control secrect disused volcanos that manufacture wind sails and motors.

Either that, or the other monitor is for MFR.

Ether that or she's having happy time with Herobrine. :p
Too much?

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I have a suggestion if you're having problems getting an update for Eloraam's RedPower 2 mod: If the development team is in contact with her, ask her to hand off the source code to team member who would be willing to update it for her and thus remove some of the work load burden.

I realize it can be hectic trying to update a mod when everyone and their granny are screaming for updates, or an ETA of one, but this mod is too big and popular to allow to die or get pushed to the wayside just because a modder is overloaded and wishes to be the only one to work on it.

Asking never hurts anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.