Feed The Beast Pyramid map remake

Seneb

Jul 29, 2019
My better half and I have been playing through your insanity map and have run in to a few issues. When we would fail a check, we'd make a backup of our server then go in to the beast in creative mode to see what the glitch was. What we've learned is below. In most instances, items were being rejected by the logistics network because the items were not identical matches (either due to meta data (a different mode being set for example) or some other mismatch).

Where their journey begins:
No bugs.

Burn rubber:
Calls for an MFE, but a tesla coil is what is actually required by the beast.

Items of power:
Only 6 of the 9 items are initially accepted. We think the issue with the 3 other items relates to the meta data associated with it (i.e there may be a
difference in mode or another setting associated with item such that it fails the check with the comparitor unless it's in that specific mode)
Bugged items - body, life & soul stones.

Small but Mighty
A bluepower issue - Diamond draw plates are single use only. The recipe to make fine copper wire requires an undamaged plate. Once the draw plate has
a damage value, the recipe no longer works.

Beast issues: The initial items set does not trigger the beast.
The board says one mag tube, but 8 are programed in the guts of the beast, so the beast requires 8 of them.
It says DC motor on the sign but it requires an electric motor. The electric motor recipe (item# 554 for blue power) is identical to the applied
energistics motor (item# 611 for blue powder). Once the appropriate items are fed to the beast it works.

The Rings:
Only 7 of the 9 items are accepted initially. The Swiftwolf's rending gale and repair talisman are rejected even though they are programed. We believe this glitch is also meta data related.

Blood, Sweat & Tears:
No issues.

Things that make you go boom:
No issues.

Solar Power:
Did not accept the energy collector mrk3 (meta data issue? Most of these issues are associated with items related to project E). You really need a warning sign outside the chest that contains the reward for this challenge. First death of
the map :(

shit Ton of Power:
Power stops collecting at 76%. The last 24% is not connected.

Fires of hell:
No issues.

Gated Logic:
No issues.

We're still working towards the bees for blood, sweat, and water. Buzz buzz buzz!

Also, thank you for pulling this map forward. We played the original a few years ago and were feeling seriously nostalgic.

MattaBase

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to hear you like the original =). I am also happy to see someone bringing the old map up to date.

UniversalLP

Jul 29, 2019
My better half and I have been playing through your insanity map and have run in to a few issues. When we would fail a check, we'd make a backup of our server then go in to the beast in creative mode to see what the glitch was. What we've learned is below. In most instances, items were being rejected by the logistics network because the items were not identical matches (either due to meta data (a different mode being set for example) or some other mismatch).

Where their journey begins:
No bugs.

Burn rubber:
Calls for an MFE, but a tesla coil is what is actually required by the beast.

Items of power:
Only 6 of the 9 items are initially accepted. We think the issue with the 3 other items relates to the meta data associated with it (i.e there may be a
difference in mode or another setting associated with item such that it fails the check with the comparitor unless it's in that specific mode)
Bugged items - body, life & soul stones.

Small but Mighty
A bluepower issue - Diamond draw plates are single use only. The recipe to make fine copper wire requires an undamaged plate. Once the draw plate has
a damage value, the recipe no longer works.

Beast issues: The initial items set does not trigger the beast.
The board says one mag tube, but 8 are programed in the guts of the beast, so the beast requires 8 of them.
It says DC motor on the sign but it requires an electric motor. The electric motor recipe (item# 554 for blue power) is identical to the applied
energistics motor (item# 611 for blue powder). Once the appropriate items are fed to the beast it works.

The Rings:
Only 7 of the 9 items are accepted initially. The Swiftwolf's rending gale and repair talisman are rejected even though they are programed. We believe this glitch is also meta data related.

Blood, Sweat & Tears:
No issues.

Things that make you go boom:
No issues.

Solar Power:
Did not accept the energy collector mrk3 (meta data issue? Most of these issues are associated with items related to project E). You really need a warning sign outside the chest that contains the reward for this challenge. First death of
the map :(

shit Ton of Power:
Power stops collecting at 76%. The last 24% is not connected.

Fires of hell:
No issues.

Gated Logic:
No issues.

We're still working towards the bees for blood, sweat, and water. Buzz buzz buzz!

Also, thank you for pulling this map forward. We played the original a few years ago and were feeling seriously nostalgic.

Woah. Thanks for the thorough testing!
I went ahead and tried to fix all the bugs:
Burn Rubber:
Requires now a MFE and a Tesla coil. (MFE replaces the Crop harvester)

Items of Power:
ProjectE items now get routed by Buildcraft diamond pipes. They don't seem to care about meta data or NBT data

Small but mighty:
Removed the original recipes for fine copper and fine iron wire and added it back with MineTweaker.
The recipe now accepts damaged drawplates.

The Rings:
Same as in Items of Power

Solar Power:
Added a renamed item in the reward chest with a warning.
For me the Energy collector Mk3 was accepted no matter if I crafted it or if I used NEI

Shit Ton of Power:
Hooked up the other MFEs (There was a wire missing).

So I hope those quest are working now

Seneb

Jul 29, 2019
You're welcome! We've finished with blood and water and that one worked fine.

We're stuck now, however. The last challenge requires iridium. In the previous version, it was possible to make it denovo from UU matter. With the changes to IC2, you now need to have a piece to pattern in order to get started. Was the Iridium supposed to come from a challenge or did we miss something basic?

Seneb

Jul 29, 2019
Also, we noticed that in the back right corner of the main room for the beast there's now a hole granting access to the frames & underbelly of the beast. It's possible we just missed it before. Has that always been there?

UniversalLP

Jul 29, 2019
You're welcome! We've finished with blood and water and that one worked fine.

We're stuck now, however. The last challenge requires iridium. In the previous version, it was possible to make it denovo from UU matter. With the changes to IC2, you now need to have a piece to pattern in order to get started. Was the Iridium supposed to come from a challenge or did we miss something basic?

Oh. I added the iridium to the reward chest from Gated Logic.
And about that hole, it was probably just one I didn't fill in. It shouldn't be there in the new version.

maxybaer123

Jul 29, 2019
two things no1 glow stone needs a gold dust/redstone recipe and no2 you need to be able to make 1 coal with 4 charcoal and 1 philosphers stone

UniversalLP

Jul 29, 2019
two things no1 glow stone needs a gold dust/redstone recipe and no2 you need to be able to make 1 coal with 4 charcoal and 1 philosphers stone
You can get Glowstone with the following recipe (It's a hidden IC2 recipe, I think):
4af906de8ec428dd8cdd8ab0ca015d0a.png
You can get Coal with an Energy Collector:
cyfxehX.png
d5f039beb7ea56fe270a575f5cd365ed.png

UniversalLP

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to get cactus? You will need it for green pipe wire for gates.
Huh. Strange. There's no recipe in the original map and there's no cactus in any reward chests either... I added it to the Bronze Age reward chest. But maybe someone else knows how to get cactus.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Huh. Strange. There's no recipe in the original map and there's no cactus in any reward chests either... I added it to the Bronze Age reward chest. But maybe someone else knows how to get cactus.
In the old map, I believe you had to get it from UUmatter. The other way to get pipe waterproofing was bees. With the newer UUmatter stuff, I don't know if you can make it.

UniversalLP

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I played around with IC2 a little and for now there will be a Pattern Storage in the Bronze Age chest reward. The Pattern storage contains Cactus, so the player has to make the first piece of cactus himself. I also changed the iridium ore form the Gated Logic reward chest to a Pattern Storage containing iridum.

Last edited:

MattaBase

Jul 29, 2019
In the old map, I believe you had to get it from UUmatter. The other way to get pipe waterproofing was bees. With the newer UUmatter stuff, I don't know if you can make it.
You could get it two way in the Old Map.

UU Matter and Ic2 Crossbreeding.

Reactions: goreae

bnos

Jul 29, 2019
hey i keep getting this crash when ever i try to play

Attachments

• crashlog for the insanity map remake.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 126