Feed The Beast Pyramid map remake

Discussion in 'Third Party Maps' started by UniversalLP, Nov 24, 2014.

1. MattaBase

MattaBase New Member

Yeah we had the torches in the first version,but we changed it because it was launching mobs on to peoples stuff =P

We just decided to leave the torches behind.

Aubinator likes this.
  2. RandomStranger

RandomStranger New Member

How do i get sugarcane for sugar for the stones in items of power quest ?

3. UniversalLP

UniversalLP New Member

Witches drop sugar

4. RandomStranger

RandomStranger New Member

oh, thanks :)

5. ArmyHeLL07

ArmyHeLL07 New Member

When do you add other mods? :D

6. UniversalLP

UniversalLP New Member

As soon as enough people suggest them :p
    It might be that people oversee the link to the google form at the end of the post. You can suggest mods here.

7. mine_it_your_way

mine_it_your_way New Member

How do I install this?

8. UniversalLP

UniversalLP New Member

1. Get a fresh installation of 1.7.10 minecraft forge from files.minecraftforge.net
      I recommend using MultiMC
    2. Download the modpack here
      Extract the content of the zip file into the mods folder.
    3. Choose your map version
      Insanity
      Normal
      HQM (Might contain bugs)
      Extract the map into the saves folder
    4. Download the config pack
      Config pack for Insanity & Normal version
      Config pack for the HQM version
      Extract the config pack into the configs folder

9. mine_it_your_way

When I go into my inventory or interact with a block, It just logs me out. I have tried restarting the client and it does the same thing. Can you please help? Thanks.
    Here is the log
    http://pastebin.com/UfxwNS73

10. UniversalLP

UniversalLP New Member

So I have taken a look at the problem.
    Installing the modpack using the newest forge seems to disconnect me too if I scroll through the NEI pages.
    Updating Code Chicken Core and Ender Storage to the newest version seemed to fix that.
    I have updated the download for the modpack so you can either redownload that
    or just grab the newest versions from chickenbones.net under the latest section.

Hopefully this fixes your problem

11. mine_it_your_way

thanks, I will try that. the little bit of it I did play was awesome!

12. mine_it_your_way

when you turn in a redstone pardise, the lamp turns on and its completed, but the chest does not appear. I broke a few blocks to access the chest to fix it.

13. stonecold913

stonecold913 New Member

I am playing the normal map remake and I am getting stuck because I don't have a way to get rubber. What am I missing or is the absence of the companion cube reward kill that

14. UniversalLP

UniversalLP New Member

You get rubber from the rubber sapling. The rubber sapling is a reward when you turn in the Squeezer.

15. Versa_

Versa_ New Member

coolio.

16. Aubinator

Aubinator New Member

Oh wow! I have been pondering creating my own version of this map for a while! But this looks phenomenal just from the post alone.

IMHO, don't add too many mods. The original list only had about 10-15 mods in it total. Keep it as true to the original as possible.

Also, EE3 and Project Red have some new development, which could bring you a more original feel :) EDIT: disregard. You have created a truly nostalgic map & pack! I've only played 30 min and I already feel like nothing has changed. You have created a true tribute to the original FTB! Diamonds to you!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  17. Aubinator

Aubinator New Member

After speaking with UniversalLP, he was ok with me making a few chang... nay additions to the map he's recreated. Kudos to him for the initial recreation. I have only just doubled it.

I would like to call this map:
    Feed The Beasts - A Team vs Team FTB Pyramid Classic
    (emphasis on the beasts)
    [​IMG]

Plans for a test session on Twitch Stream this Saturday (evening of 11 July) to reveal the initial testing and balancing. Hopefully with more people, it won't take long to Feed The Beast!

If it balances out and works properly, I will be sure to upload this map! Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, queries, or quarrels.

Cheers!

ArmyHeLL07 and UniversalLP like this.
  18. ArmyHeLL07

ArmyHeLL07 New Member

im waiting this map with my friend now :D

19. Aubinator

Aubinator New Member

There are a few bugs that need to be worked out before releasing it.

If you didn't catch our livestream, here is KILLER_9639's perspective (before he became QUITTER_9639). I had a few too many, and unfortunately didn't hit the record button o_O.

WARNING!
    For mature audiences only. Viewer discretion is strongly advised!
    WARNING!

20. ArmyHeLL07

ArmyHeLL07 New Member

it looks good (some voices dont but nice joke about jasmine :D) so whats your future plan? you will add more pyramits? :D

Aubinator likes this.